Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

1995 318ti Sport - 5 speed - 195,000kms - original owner - whats it worth?

Can you post of how much you think the car is worth...there was not enough examples out there for me to compare and set an asking price.

mods please move or delete if in wrong forum.

More Photos Here; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4f2a405d11

Last edited by M3ti Compact; 06-22-2018 at 11:49 PM.
M3ti Compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
M3ti Compact

$3,000 firm

Car is located in Ottawa

This car has been in the family since new. I was age 11 when I went with my parents to take delivery of this car new in 1995 from Town and Country BMW at Yonge and Steeles. It became my daily driver in 2006 and my third/weekend/autocross car since 2010. This was all fine until last year when someone on my street starting having an issue with my daily driver being parked on the road and i'll come home to a random parking ticket for parking my own car in front of my own house. Now that I have to park my daily on the driveway, the times I've been taking out the garage kept 318ti went way down.

Since this car has been owned since new, I have service records from day 1. Since it became my daily, I have been learning to maintain it myself so documentation trails off from mechanic invoices to cash register tapes for parts.

Car shows 181,000kms on the odometer, but I say its 195,000kms because the original odo was replaced under warranty at 15,000kms.

Spec: 5 speed manual. Sport package - which included sport suspension, 3.45 limited slip differential, sport seats, anthracite headliner, rear window wiper and 15 inch alloys. Air conditioning and sunroof were added as options. Air con has a leak, but leaks slow enough that a $30 recharge kit will last the summer.

Major mechanical mods are: H&R sport springs, Bilstein shocks (I have the original OEM sport springs if you want them), M Motorsport X-Brace, and a MarkD chip.

Body Mods: Depo Euro projectors, 55W 4300k HID kit, DDM M3 bumper, Eurostyle side skirts, 35% tint

Interior Mods: Hardwired front and rear dash cam, Alpine CD headunit, 6 inch Bazooka tube subwoofer

Known Issues: rust around rear fenders, rust around jack points
Maybe Issue: 1st gear pops out when setting off from a stop - this happens at random and not all the time. I brought it to two mechanics and we couldn't replicate the problem...i've been blamed that it was due to me not engaging the gear fully...I don't know. While I did learn manual on this car when I was 16 years old, this is happening today... i've been driving manual 18 years now.

Car and Driver Best Handling Car under $30,000 -2nd place 318ti- https://www.caranddriver.com/archive...i-sport-page-9

PHOTO ALBUM HERE: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4f2a405d11

Last edited by M3ti Compact; 06-24-2018 at 07:25 PM.
M3ti Compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
BadgerM3
BadgerM3

PM'd
BadgerM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
M3ti Compact

Seeing as 100% of the people who have shown interest in this car is not from Ottawa. Many who are thinking about coming to our nation's capital on a one way ticket (one as far away as Ohio), I highly encourage you to do so, but part of me doesn't want anyone to show up and be disappointed somehow in the car.

I went ahead and gotten a Pre-Purchase Inspection, the same as I would have done if I was buying a used BMW locally.

The PPI was done by RPM Motorworks, (https://goo.gl/maps/tC36bkHabbD2). Findings are:

To Pass Ontario Safety

1. Valve Cover Gasket leaking - could leak on exhaust and cause a fire. This in all likelihood will never happen, but needs to be fixed to pass.

2. Passenger High Beam not working - the car has DEPO projectors, so a wiring issue surrounding these is likely cause.

3. E-Brake doesn't hold car - the mechanism only clicks up once.

4. Left Front Brake pad spring clip missing - <$1 part

In all it will cost about $500 to certify.

Non Safety Items

1. Oil pan possible leak, but cannot confirm until valve cover leak fixed

2. Transmission output shaft seal leak

3. Muffler rattles but no leaks

4. Front jack pads rusted - not collapsed and still strong but jack there at own risk. It will fail safety if it was collapsed.

5. Belt Tensioner rattles - noise, but no effect on performance

Tires and Brakes

Front Pads: 9mm
Front Rotors: 10.5mm

Rear Pads: 10mm
Rear Rotors: 10mm

Tire Tread: 5mm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: