Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-13-2022, 11:08 PM   #1
JYPark
1st Gear Newbie

FS: e92 328i 6spd rwd

Up for sale is my 2009 328i. You guys here know why the 6spd rwd version of this car is fun so I won't go into details on that.

The reasons I'm selling:
1) I work from home now, live downtown, and don?t need a daily driver and
2) due to number 1, I have decided to focus on my e30 project car and FINALLY bring that one to life. I will miss this car dearly, I really don?t think there?s a car in this price range that beats this unless you absolutely need space (in which case you?d get an SUV, truck, or minivan). This car has been so good to me I even convinced my roommate to get an e9x (he got the sedan) 328i and he?s also never been left stranded or had any issues either. The N52 is one of the best engines in this era for a fun reliable everyday car IMO.

I'll start with the bad so you don't waste your time reading on if any of these are a dealbreaker:

- Tear on driver's seat (it's been like this since I bought it, I meant to fix it but turns out it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would) ? see pictures

- Crack on front bumper, and slight paint peel in the same area (the car was kissed while parked parallel downtown. Sad, but that's the life of a daily driver) ? see closeup pictures

- Squeaky rear bushings when sitting for a long time
o If I haven't driven for a week, it'll squeak for the first few minutes when driving but then goes away and it only comes back if the car sits for a long time), this is due to bushings, they don't need to be replaced though I've gotten them checked when redoing suspension.

- Squeaky parking brake
o y'all know about this on these cars

- Normal stone chips you'd expect on a car with over 200K kms

This car is perfect for someone that wants a fun, reliable, and inexpensive ride that's both pretty and low key. I've done a few things to make it even better:

- Msport bumpers front and rear (OEM+ style)

- LCI tail lights with amber turn signals (euro)

- Bilstein sport kit + m3 front control arms + 1.2 degree front camber

- upgraded all the touchpoints to make the feel of driving as nice as possible
o weighted ZHP shift knob
o rewrapped steering wheel
o BMS clutch stop
o Turner aluminum pedals
o Clutch delay valve delete

- Wheels and tires were purchased in 2020 but I've been working from home more often than not in that time, and recently switched to fully wfh so they effectively only have about a seasons worth of wear on them at most.
o Summers: Apex Arc ? 8 deep concave bronze, square setup on Michelin PS4S
 18x9 square setup, the rears could use 8mm or so to be perfectly flush but even in it's current state, the stance looks good
 One rim has minor rash on it (please see photos), other 3 are perfect
o Winters: replica F series rim + Bridgestone Blizzaks WS90

For general maintenance:
- Oil changes every 7k kms, I'm pretty anal about this
- All fluids flushed at 100k kms, 150k kms, and 200k kms (power steering, transmission, etc. etc.)
- One caliper was replaced at about 120k kms as it seized ? one of the few non wear items I've had to deal with
- Street/sport brake pads, I forget the exact make model
- Oil filter housing gasket done at 100k kms and 200k kms (done once leaks were noticed), should be good for another 100k kms or so ? can see in pictures that it's currently dry with no leaks
- Oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket + valve cover done at the 160k kms mark (they were starting to leak and I replaced the valve cover itself as well), should be good for another 100-150k kms or so
- Ignition system done at around 150k kms
- Waterpump done at around 150k kms, surprisingly my original didn?t go but I figured while doing ignition system I'd take care of this too since it was about time it went and I didn't want to be left stranded

I wanted to keep this car until it died and I thought I would keep it up to 500k kms BUT I switched careers and no longer need a daily driver so I'm planning to go even older and finally build the e30 of my dreams ��.

The car is off insurance so you cant test drive it but I can do a test in front of you to show you the clutch is good, rev it up and down the rev range, and spin it around the parking lot. I'll also move it for you to show you there are no leaks, etc. and anything else reasonable we can do without risking the police getting upset.

Asking 12,000 and photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...usp=share_link

you can text me at 519 580 7090 if interested. thanks

Last edited by JYPark; 11-14-2022 at 12:22 AM.
JYPark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: