Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-01-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
heretic
2nd Gear Member

2001 E39 M5 Cosmoschwartz/Caramel (extended)

I'm moving down a 5km dirt road, so the BMWs have to go (will also be selling 2003 530 M-package with 98k).

Here is the original ad from when I purchased it:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152570

The car looks exactly the same except for a few changes to the interior (explained below).

This car has never been winter driven. Castrol Syntec oil changes every 5000k. I always use DTC and never spin tires. I do drive an average of 120-140kph on my 50k daily commute to work on the 401, so it's driven the way it is suppose to be driven.

It is now approaching 211K. A pre-safety reveals that it needs front tires and needs a resistor changed in the LCM (light control module) as there is an error for pin 30 which causes the left headlight to not turn on (but does after turning lights on/off several times). The pre-safety also says rear seat middle seat belt but it was just tucked under seat. Also mentions rear axle seal, but I think that means an outer CV boot leak; I have a hoist so I'll investigate after I finish changing a wheel bearing on other car which occupies hoist.

I removed the old 6x9 navigation (I still have it) and the DSP amp & radio receiver (gone). In place I have installed a Window based "Carputer" which has a touchscreen in dash, a 750 gigabyte hard drive (I have a lot of mp3s), a hacked updateable version of GarminPC for navigation, a rear facing camera. The bios and software use BMW and M5 graphics to make a nice stock look. I will post a video soon.

In place of the original audio I have installed an Audison LRx 2.9 that power Hertz Mielle speakers through crossovers installed in front doors. Unfortunately this mod required cutting out a section from the door cards (I was planning on doing a birds-eye maple cover with grills but never got around to it). There is also a JL Audio 500/1 sub amp powering a removable JL Audio HO112R-W7 subwoofer. This is very nice audio equipment.

The front seats are showing wear but no holes. I ordered dye fro the UK and re-dyed the seats once and they looked great but only last a few years. I still have lots of dye and a airbrush for new owner.

The headlight adjusters have been replaced and new lenses just came in so will be installed. These have the headlights that can be opened by heat.

Just replaced belts and belt tensioners last week. What a noticeable difference in power.

Rear view mirror isn't leaking but the auto adjust fluid should be fixed.

The ribbon cable for gauge cluster was replaced so no dead pixels.

The dash vent has the characteristic cracks at the corners.

The original M5 wheels need to be powdercoated as the electroplating is starting to bubble and come off.

The same crack in front spoiler from when I bought it is still there. Also same small spider crack in back right corner plastic bumper (hardly noticeable).

Have all original documentation since new with repairs. No accidents ever.

As mentioned, I have a hoist so car can fully be inspected by potential buyer. I have sold a few cars on here and will be as transparent as possible with all issues. If you want additional pictures or videos, just ask.

This really is "the ultimate driving machine" and I will probably never own a better car but practically I need a truck. You will see by the pics I really love and take care of this car. Look at original listing for other details as not much has changed. Other than what has been listed there are no issues.

$13,500 firm as-is (front tires and ??axle seal?? which probably means CV boot for safety). I'll look into fixing LCM. E-test was done this spring.

Car is in Gananoque which is between Kingston and Brockville.

text 613-572-5899
shampton3434@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side back.jpg (231.9 KB, 990 views)
File Type: jpg side front.jpg (209.5 KB, 986 views)
File Type: jpg trunk.jpg (281.7 KB, 989 views)
File Type: jpg door.jpg (189.7 KB, 984 views)
File Type: jpg engine.jpg (218.3 KB, 983 views)
File Type: jpg dash.jpg (129.8 KB, 980 views)
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
Dinanstu
4th Gear Member

That's such a great car, looks like yours has been well looked after...

Hard to believe, $13,500 gets you into a 400 hp saloon...

Glws
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:57 AM   #3
heretic
2nd Gear Member

Got the car on hoist but haven't pulled wheels yet. I don't see any obvious leaks from the rear axle CV boots and they are in good shape. There is a leak from both sides of the differential axle seals so, time permitting, I'll pull the diff and replace the seals (only $30 in parts) or buyer could do it and put in LSD. When cars aren't winter driven they are so nice to work on; no rusty parts. I also don't see what the issue is with front tires as they still have lots of tread and are above wear bars; I think the outer tread of Michelin Pilot Super Sports give illusion of a worn tire.

Forgot to mention another upgrade was a ZHP short shifter with UUC DSSR.

I've had a few inquiries on low mileage 2003 530. It's a rebuilt title car that had a low speed front end hit that cracked the front drivers M spoiler and blew the driver's seatbelt pretensioner. No airbags were deployed. This was a real sticky point for me in buying it but the only issue I can see is a small paint flaw in a fender. If you weren't told it was a rebuilt title you would never know. The other issue is that I didn't completely close the hood after changing oil and my daughter took it for a drive and the hood flew up causing a dent in hood. The hood shocks and hood have been replaced with new but is flat black (for now, on silver car). New grills also purchased. It has a control arm to be put in, then goes in for alignment and then all items taken care of for safety. Then I'll post for sale.

Last edited by heretic; 09-03-2017 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
heretic
2nd Gear Member

New lenses and don't need to repair LCM as it was a bulb...doh. Front tires are 3mm tread. Pulled wheels and no leaks in CV boots; they are great (have pics; don't think some drops from diff means it won't pass safety). So we are down to front tires and leaky diff seals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light before.jpg (269.4 KB, 882 views)
File Type: jpg light after.jpg (294.3 KB, 883 views)

Last edited by heretic; 09-04-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
heretic
2nd Gear Member

Old post that shows process of carputer & evolution of door speakers.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...ml#post3232833

The shifter is an F10, not ZHP.

Seals for diff ordered and should be done next week.

Got to clean interior and get pics up.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:51 PM   #6
heretic
2nd Gear Member

and...downpayment receivced from local Kingstonian
Old 09-20-2017, 06:17 AM   #7
heretic
2nd Gear Member

Sold
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #8
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

Looks like this was a great deal, congrats to the new owner!

Past: Fern Green E36 328i Convertible, Imola on Alcantara E46 330ci M-Sport, x2 E36 328i Sedans, Le Mans Sunset 350Z
Current: E36 M3 Cabrio - California Import, Estoril Blue, AC Schnitzer Type 1, Hard Motorsport Flares, Toyo Proxes R1R, Broadway Static
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #9
sproule905
6th Gear Member

haven't been on here in a long long time, but glad I found this ad as I am the previous owner. This is the one car that got away.. wish the last owner reached out as I would love to get this one back... tear..

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #10
98323IS
6th Gear Member

Did you end up selling the 03 530?
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:44 PM   #11
South
4th Gear Member

Some prick is trying to sell this car, with a measly trim swap, for 23gs
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
97 540i6 ACS - 2016-present
South is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #12
Espritv8
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
Some prick is trying to sell this car, with a measly trim swap, for 23gs
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
Yeah I was wondering if it was the same car!
Espritv8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:26 AM   #13
Goodtohave
2nd Gear Member

Is it still available....

Looks like an old thread

Thanks!
Goodtohave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #14
Espritv8
2nd Gear Member

Seems somebody is trying to flip it on kijiji... asking a ridiculous 23K$