Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
bmw335i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bmw335i
brand new bimmer broke down

So I was driving my 335i on the highway towards london.. going about 115km/Hr and I decided to accelerate to pass... when i pressed on the gas.. i noticed something was wrong.. the car didnt' accelerate or seem to accelerate extremely slow. I pulled over and shut down the car... when trying to start it up.. it cranks for a little bit and finally starts.. didnt' start instantly like before... the " yellow engine" lights comes on at the same time.. I know it's not the gas cap not being closed tight cuz i remeber specifically closing it twice each time i fill just in case...

so I got it towed to BMW waterloo and they lent me a 323i bimmer to drive around.. what do you guys think it is? I think it's the tranny? shietters... only 5K on it and this?

I am hoping they somehow (wishfully thinking) let me trade it it for a brand new M3 .
bmw335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
europrince
6th Gear Member

why don't you wait to get a diagnosis from the dealership instead of guessing on here what it could be I'm sure it'll be repaired under warranty.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #3
summit425
Alpine White

I think it's your MAF...
summit425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
Euro_E30
6th Gear Member

ive seen problems with fuel pumps on 335i's i think there is a recall on them but im not to sure on the production break.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #5
Oz_Racing
Oz_mods

Send a message via MSN to Oz_Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Oz_Racing
it could just be an oxygen sensor/ A/F
Oz_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

if you complain enough they will take the car back.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #7
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Fuel pump. The long crank is a classic symptom of this common problem in early 335i's.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:07 AM   #8
Ado
2nd Gear Member

Have you ever experienced any delays in starting the car before? It's probably your fuel pump, what's your product date?

Check out e90post.com for a TONE more info on bad fuel pumps. A friend of mine had 2 fuel pumps go finally the 3rd one they put in for him hasn't ****ed up yet heh;.
91 850i - Dinan Twin Turbo - Sold
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I rented Lexus ES350 and it broke down. Brand new from Hertz.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #10
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I rented Lexus ES350 and it broke down. Brand new from Hertz.
What's that got to do with what we're talking about here?

OP: Sounds like a fuel pump, enjoy your rental while they fix up your 335!

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
BenBMW
BMW Pure Blood

Send a message via MSN to BenBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335i View Post
So I was driving my 335i on the highway towards london.. going about 115km/Hr and I decided to accelerate to pass... when i pressed on the gas.. i noticed something was wrong.. the car didnt' accelerate or seem to accelerate extremely slow. I pulled over and shut down the car... when trying to start it up.. it cranks for a little bit and finally starts.. didnt' start instantly like before... the " yellow engine" lights comes on at the same time.. I know it's not the gas cap not being closed tight cuz i remeber specifically closing it twice each time i fill just in case...

so I got it towed to BMW waterloo and they lent me a 323i bimmer to drive around.. what do you guys think it is? I think it's the tranny? shietters... only 5K on it and this?

I am hoping they somehow (wishfully thinking) let me trade it it for a brand new M3 .

They'll let you trade it in for a new M3, no questions asked. Just don't expect to get a trade-in value for your 335i near Retail Value.
BenBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
bmw335i
2nd Gear Member

I tried calling their North America customer relations.. full box full..lol... i'm getting the diagnostics today.. but probably it's the tranny or fuel pump like some of you guys stated.. thank god it's a lease and so if it's a lemon, I'll just won't buy it at the end.. too bad too I was definately going to buy it after the lease... maybe that'll be a selling point and they let me get the new M3 and a little bit more a month.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
Qube
5th Gear Member

Glad you're safe. There would be the big stink if you got rear ended or t-boned because it 'just lost power'.

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #14
bmw335i
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
Glad you're safe. There would be the big stink if you got rear ended or t-boned because it 'just lost power'.
YEAH.. u're right... man that was a dangerous ordeal.... try changing from the passing lane to the shoulder while losing speed on the 401....

Last edited by bmw335i; 04-07-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335i View Post
I tried calling their North America customer relations.. full box full..lol... i'm getting the diagnostics today.. but probably it's the tranny or fuel pump like some of you guys stated.. thank god it's a lease and so if it's a lemon, I'll just won't buy it at the end.. too bad too I was definately going to buy it after the lease... maybe that'll be a selling point and they let me get the new M3 and a little bit more a month.
Really, why don't you just wait for the diagnosis and stop getting yourself into a knot until then. Opinions of people on here as to what broke down are worthless, as they don't have the car with a scan tool in front of them and are basing their guesses on what you tell them. The dealership gave you a loaner. You are leasing the car. Its not worth the stress. Relax.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: