Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #61
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
No, convictions are on your record for 6 years.

And if he isn't insured from now til then, his rates will still be high when he gets insured again because a gap in insurance is almost as bad as having convictions.

So either he pays now or he pays when he's 25

thank you.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #62
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Yah, the gap in time will give him anal sex with no oil.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #63
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thseries View Post
Thats why my friggin insurance is going to suck for mee!!! these 17 year olds' doing this shit..
actually it'll just keep going up regardless!
and you;ll probably still have to sue or threaten to when denied for a legit not at fault claim
Old 03-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #64
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
No, convictions are on your record for 6 years.

And if he isn't insured from now til then, his rates will still be high when he gets insured again because a gap in insurance is almost as bad as having convictions.

So either he pays now or he pays when he's 25
I don't know who your insurance company is, but you're getting ripped off if they go back 6 years for convictions. I don't know where you other guys are getting your facts, but I'm speaking straight from personal experience. 3.5 years ago I got burned for an impaired charge. Cancelled my insurance. waited the 1 year and got back on the road. Even with that on my record and another conviction and an accident, I was still only paying $3500 a year for the next two years. Now I'm back down to $1200 a year and the only thing my company holds against me is a suspension. Couple more years and I'll pay less than $100/month. I'm over 25 and own a house though so I'm sure that helps.

I know I've opened myself up to a lot of criticism by letting that out, but it's true, so I don't think that kid is really too screwed. For 3 years, yes, but after that it'll be ok. Not FOREVER There are so many insurance companies out there, you just have to shop around. Like call 30 different brokers. They might all deal with different companies that use different criteria when quoting. Even the online services like insurancehotline.com, kanetix.com, etc... don't quote for the same companies. I bet the majority of people could get significantly cheaper insurance, but a lot of people are either too lazy to shop around more, too much in a hurry to get their car on the road, or just use their parents' company and assume that all companies will give them the same price anyway. I just experienced this when shopping for bike insurance. the range for me was $1500-6000/year. It's ridiculous.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #65
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
I don't know who your insurance company is, but you're getting ripped off if they go back 6 years for convictions. I don't know where you other guys are getting your facts, but I'm speaking straight from personal experience. 3.5 years ago I got burned for an impaired charge. Cancelled my insurance. waited the 1 year and got back on the road. Even with that on my record and another conviction and an accident, I was still only paying $3500 a year for the next two years. Now I'm back down to $1200 a year and the only thing my company holds against me is a suspension. Couple more years and I'll pay less than $100/month. I'm over 25 and own a house though so I'm sure that helps.

I know I've opened myself up to a lot of criticism by letting that out, but it's true, so I don't think that kid is really too screwed. For 3 years, yes, but after that it'll be ok. Not FOREVER There are so many insurance companies out there, you just have to shop around. Like call 30 different brokers. They might all deal with different companies that use different criteria when quoting. Even the online services like insurancehotline.com, kanetix.com, etc... don't quote for the same companies. I bet the majority of people could get significantly cheaper insurance, but a lot of people are either too lazy to shop around more, too much in a hurry to get their car on the road, or just use their parents' company and assume that all companies will give them the same price anyway. I just experienced this when shopping for bike insurance. the range for me was $1500-6000/year. It's ridiculous.
Fair enough, I see your points. However, insurance has changed in the last 3 years with all the new speeding and suspension laws, young drivers are viewed differently, especially with this stunting ticket. How old are you? If you're over 25 and you own a house, that's why you were only paying 3500 a year after a year of no driving.. good on you though for getting it marked down and doing your research on finding insurance. There really is like 30 brokers out there, probably more!
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

Lets get the facts straight. Convictions are on your record for 3 years. Accidents and claims are on for 6 (which this doesn't count for). I missed the suspension part which is where he'll be screwed (only until 23) because it only stays on your record for 6 years. Please see your Insurance Application, because thats where I got those numbers from.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #67
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
I don't know who your insurance company is, but you're getting ripped off if they go back 6 years for convictions.
They go back 3 years for minor convictions, 6 years for major ones.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #68
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:

and in qc it now goes back 10years, for 'excessive speeding'.
thats 40kph over or 20mph over
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #69
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
agree to disagree? I'm sick of arguing about this. All I know is that I had a major conviction 3 just over 3 years ago and it's not on my record anymore, as far as my ins. co. is concerned.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #70
sirex
King Sirex

maybe you had a DUI of Coke a Cola and not alchohol?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #71
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

^^it was glue. I was on glue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: