Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
anyone have a Nextar MM1007

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has a Nextar MM1007? I have one and lost my wiring harness. I called Nextar and they said they don't have any replacement parts as this deck was discontinued. I was thinking of making my own wiring harness by soldering some wires to the pins and securing them so they don't touch each other.

If anyone has one and could help out i am interested in some pictures of the wire harness so i know what each pin is supposed to be for. I'm willing to compensate you for your time.

Thanks,

Mike

[M]i[K]E[¥][M]i[K]E[¥]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Did you try asking them for their wiring schematics? If you get them, I'm sure you can also find the e36 wiring code somewhere online. Then you can match them up then solder them.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Here you go:

MM1007

E36 (courtesy of BimmerForums). It is not fully detailed, try finding another one, or use a voltmeter to find out which of the 12V supplies are accessory or constant by turning the key.

Last edited by hadesm5; 03-10-2011 at 07:55 PM.
hadesm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Thanks,

I already got that wiring diagram from them but it doesn't show pin for pin what each one is for. it just shows what colour wire represents what. but hte pins don't have colours on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
Here you go:

MM1007

E36 (courtesy of BimmerForums). It is not fully detailed, try finding another one, or use a voltmeter to find out which of the 12V supplies are accessory or constant by turning the key.

[M]i[K]E[¥][M]i[K]E[¥]
Old 03-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Oh cock.., I thought that you did. They're such assholes for not providing proper support. How long ago did you buy it?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
e36_freak
Mostly absent

I got it as a trade for a set of springs i was trying to sell 2-3 years ago. The deck was brand new in a sealed box when i got it. I found some old wiring harness which i took apart and the wires have these small copper connectors that slide onto the pins perfectly so no soldering required. Nextar has the worse customer service reps ever!. they made me register the product before i could even talk to a rep.

I found a guy on Kijiji selling a used one. I called him up and asked if i can come take some pix of the harness and pay him $20 for his time. he was such an dick about the whole thing and didn't want to help out. He said he was selling the deck and is not interested in helping me out unless i wanted to buy the deck!

i was straight up with him and tried not to waste his time. otherwise i could just show up pretend i was interested in the deck and took some pix and left.

[M]i[K]E[¥][M]i[K]E[¥]
Old 04-09-2017, 12:48 PM   #7
NavyVet1959
1st Gear Newbie

I know it's been 6 years, but if you still need that information, I have one in my pickup that I'm currently adding a rear view camera to and I can trace the wiring for you since I already have it out of the dash.

My wife drives the BMW 335d, I usually drive my Dodge pickup or Harley. The truck is a lot easier to work on than the BMW, but the fuel economy SUCKS...

Last edited by NavyVet1959; 04-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
NavyVet1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: