Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #16
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
get that, and a $120 Liliput USB touchscreen flush mounted into your car DIN (hopign you have a dual DIN) and your set, research "carputer" on max...you'll get a shit load of links

some dude on here did it to his e46 and he has a wireless mouse/keyboard with it

Miguel posted the carputer stuff

Jim that screen might be a bit too small when looking at turbo tuning maps. I will have to get at least an 8-10" screen.

Yes, here is the post Miguel wrote about the carputer

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...light=carputer

Thanks guys.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE

Last edited by Striker; 01-03-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #17
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
u dont need that much processoring speed for wat ull be using it for.
look into gettin one of these little cubes. tigerdirect has them for preaty cheap.

Tiger Direct Sucks!
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #18
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
Tiger Direct Sucks!
explain?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It’s habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I’m Nelson, and I’m a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:22 PM   #19
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
explain?
1) Price on the Internet is not the same price at their retail store in Markham.
2) Some of the product you purchase is refurbished and they are selling it as new.
3) Product that you purchase they will substitute with a different item. When you ask why? They explain to you it's what you ordered.
4) 80% of their mail in rebates are never sent out; even they have a "Rebate Guarantee" on their website.
5) Warranty, what is that?
6) The product ships next day; sure it does from Miami. It takes over 5 days for it to come here, however they forget to tell you this.

I could keep on going but I believe there would not be enough space.

Their slogan should be “Buyer Be Aware”
Old 01-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
1) Price on the Internet is not the same price at their retail store in Markham.
What do you expect? The web store is a fundamentally different game. They don't have to pay for rent of the store, electricity, equipment or sales staff. There is basically no overhead (other than maybe 50 bucks a month for hosting and traffic). Of course the prices should be far lower. The only reason stores like Futureshop have the same prices online is that they make a lot more money when you come into the store, because they can try to sell you warranties and shit. They can't work you over on your computer. So they don't want to encourage you to buy online.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #21
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
2) Some of the product you purchase is refurbished and they are selling it as new.
3) Product that you purchase they will substitute with a different item. When you ask why? They explain to you it's what you ordered.
4) 80% of their mail in rebates are never sent out; even they have a "Rebate Guarantee" on their website.
5) Warranty, what is that?
6) The product ships next day; sure it does from Miami. It takes over 5 days for it to come here, however they forget to tell you this.

I could keep on going but I believe there would not be enough space.

Their slogan should be “Buyer Be Aware”
Ok, here is my personal experience:
#1 The price on the site reflects the price in store. If it's not, ask and you shall recieve.
#2 They set A LOT of refurbished stuff, but I have never seen them sell it as new, it's always been labels as refurbished, and I have bought a lot of refurbs from them in the past couple years, never had an issue.
#3 Can't argue with that, you have every right to question that
#4 I haven't had a single issue with their rebates, but then again the rebates are by them, they're buy the manufacturers, or a 3rd party rebate companies. I've honestly done about 15 rebates with them, never had an issue. That said I never handwrite anything on my rebates or envelopes, and I send them in well before the post-dated date.
#5 No experience with having to warrenty something
#6 Every online order I have recieved was shipped from Markham with the exception of one (a laptop battery). I've ordered online about 6 times with them, although I generally just go there in person.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It’s habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I’m Nelson, and I’m a drivaholic."
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #22
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Ok, here is my personal experience:
#1 The price on the site reflects the price in store. If it's not, ask and you shall recieve.
#2 They set A LOT of refurbished stuff, but I have never seen them sell it as new, it's always been labels as refurbished, and I have bought a lot of refurbs from them in the past couple years, never had an issue.
#3 Can't argue with that, you have every right to question that
#4 I haven't had a single issue with their rebates, but then again the rebates are by them, they're buy the manufacturers, or a 3rd party rebate companies. I've honestly done about 15 rebates with them, never had an issue. That said I never handwrite anything on my rebates or envelopes, and I send them in well before the post-dated date.
#5 No experience with having to warrenty something
#6 Every online order I have recieved was shipped from Markham with the exception of one (a laptop battery). I've ordered online about 6 times with them, although I generally just go there in person.
I have bought many things from them and they are not an honest company.
I'm sorry their store prices do not reflect on-line pricing the retail stores and on-line are two different organizations. They do not make profit of their products; however they make money on shipping charges.
When I ordered product from Miami from one supplier my shipping cost was $125. I ordered the same product from Tiger Direct and their shipping charges were over $400.
In a 3 month period in 2003 I ordered from them well over $200,000 and it's all good until you start asking questions. I have not and will never order from them again.
Yes they do sell refurbished product without mentioning I know from 1st hand experience. However when they do get caught, their explanation is “Sorry we made a mistake and problem has been taken care of”. It's all good until they get caught. Same goes for another retailer that sells PC’s only, their business practice is close to being illegal, but then that’s another story.

That’s my two cents.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:38 PM   #23
thinair
moderationistismingly

That sucks. I hate stuff like that. But I will argue the in-store pricing part. All their canadian online orders are taken in the same building in Markahm, I've been in the room. But I guess if their out of stock there they'll ship from their Miami store. Which sucks because it becomes your problem.....that I don't agree with.

Anyway, wayyy off-topic
I'll agree to disagree

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: