Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #31
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

I agree with you on the outsourcing, and how it's killing us. But it's as a result of high production costs.

I know repetitive jobs suck, I worked one for a week, then I realised my talents were better suited elsewhere. Everyone I worked with had big mouths, but none did anything. I move to a better paying job working the same the company, but doing interesting work (Samuel & Sons Steel). I went from working the rolling machine (basically straightening sheets into stacks as they came off and moving them to shipping) to working in fleet maintance fixing the trucks that moved the steel.

Guys on that job (in the plant) were making 55k for work any bum off the street can do, with zero training, yet they all managed to drive rusted to shit pieces of crap and live in the ghetto. 55k is a damn good salary, pencil pushers (data-base entry) make just over 30k a year, which is also repetitive and they manage to uphold a better lifestyle.

Also, chinese workers get paid less because of the much cheaper cost of living there. North America is ****ed in a vicious cycle of increasing prices, and trying to get wages to keep up, which intern raises prices. We're all ****ed.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #32
sirex
King Sirex

55k is not a good salary if you are the single breadwinner in your household raising 2 kids.

and yeah that is true about china...

and true about how we are ****ed...

but, people that work for unions - not all of them at least - are lazy mofos that have 2 left hands. that insults alot of people that acutally do work hard to earn a honest living.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #33
Axxe

Most of them are 20-30 and single.

And what about the people making 30?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #34
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
think about it for a second..

1. As GM gets more and more automated plants dont you think that there are going to be fewer and fewer workers??

2. also 70,000$ full time doing the most repetitive task in the world is uncalled for??

3. are you kidding.. you know how shit that job is? someone has to do it though and someone needs to be payed to do it.

4. Garbage men make something like 60,000$ a year.... probably more... are you going to say thats stupid too??

5. do you want to pick up garbage for 20,000 a year? I certainly dont, but for 60,000 you start thinking that maybe its worth it..

6. why do you think that all these jobs are being outsourced to china??? (production that is?)
the workers there no nothing about life or material goods or free time. They work like slaves for pennies while the company rakes in the profit by the trillions.
Wow, spoken like a true Union ****tard.

1. YES. There will be fewer and fewer workers because the Unions have raped the domestic manufacturers and now there's almost nothing left. Why do you think the Toyota & Honda plants are NOT Unionized? The import manufacturer plants are not plagued with the same UNION GENERATED problems - why? BECAUSE THERE IS NO UNION THERE and those valuable employees are receiving appropriate renumeration.

2. Renumeration should be based on relevant skills/qualifications/experience and the job duties.

3. I am NOT kidding. The job is FAR FROM SHITTY. My friend worked on the Windstar line. He and his coworker (all unionized) friends laughed at how easy the job was and how much money they were earning, on top of the EXTRA EI/UI benefits they receive. On some of my encounters, they were high and/were drinking ON THE JOB. That's some sweet ****ing Union! Those jobs should be paid PIECEWORK, not via massively inflated salaries. Just FYI - Unions will NEVER agree to piecework because it will expose how badly these salaries are inflated and the lazy people would be weeded out VERY quickly.

4. Garbage collectors are paid handsomely for a job where they are walking around in public picking up the community's trash. You cannot compare handling truckloads of trash BY HAND, some of which contains hazardous materials and biological waste to some lazy unionized dumbass in a clean work area moving light parts with the assistance of machinery or performing minor assembly tasks in a private building all while being protected by a gang...err I mean Union. Are you really so stupid you cannot see the difference?

5. Hell no. If you feel that $60K is worth it for you to be a garbage collector, by all means go ahead and try to get in. It's Unionized and you'd have to know a top dog there, a Union representative, or be related to an existing Union worker. How nice, keep the hardworking people DESPERATE for work OUT while keeping the lazies IN just because they're blood relation. I'd NEVER be a garbage collector for any amount of pay unless I had absolutely NO CHOICE.

6. This is RELATIVE. Quality of life and cost of living differs in foreign countries. Take that into account before you start blabbing. Again, look at honda and toyota plants (foreign ones). I don't see these workers getting paid pennies. The domestic manufacturers are being left little choice. Have 100 employees on an assembly line with an average $70,000/yr salary with little to no recourse in the event a lazy Union employee decides to file a complaint because he burped and it didn't taste good OR shut down and move shop to another country where it will cost less and the people will work hard ON THEIR OWN to EARN a living.

NO PERSON SHOULD EVER THINK THEIR EMPLOYER OWES THEM A JOB (unless there is some form of agreement indicating as such). I am an IT Manager/Operations Manager for a company. I enjoy my job (mostly) even though it is very stressful, time consuming, etc. Although I know that the company will suffer greatly if I decided to quit without notice (I don't burn bridges so I would never do that), I don't turn around and demand more pay or more benefits or job security. I work hard and the company does well. THAT IS MY JOB SECURITY.

You're entitled to express your own opinion of course and if I have been offensive, it was in response to you calling me an idiot for expressing my opinion. Sorry about that. (now where's that middle finger smilie? )

AND JUST TO BE CLEAR - not all Unionized workers are lazy or stupid.

Last edited by 1BADRIDE; 01-03-2006 at 01:13 PM.
1BADRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #35
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
Man, if I was a moderator...

I was going to ask more questions to some of you that had stayed on topic. But I'll keep it in PM's now.

Lock this bitch.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

"AND JUST TO BE CLEAR - not all Unionized workers are lazy or stupid."

that was my point... thank you.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #37
1BADRIDE
TECHGURU

Send a message via MSN to 1BADRIDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
"AND JUST TO BE CLEAR - not all Unionized workers are lazy or stupid."

that was my point... thank you.

Also... sorry for the thread jacking...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #38
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
lol 70k is so so . That's about $4 000 a month net pay. YOu can leas a 330 pay rent and that's about it.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #39
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan
lol 70k is so so . That's about $4 000 a month net pay. YOu can leas a 330 pay rent and that's about it.
Not everyone's purpose in life is to own a premium car and live in a rental you ****tard.
4000$ is A LOT Of money, that if well spent, can amount to a very nice life.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #40
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Not everyone's purpose in life is to own a premium car and live in a rental you ****tard.
4000$ is A LOT Of money, that if well spent, can amount to a very nice life.
Exaclty.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: