Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
97Dakar
1st Gear Newbie

Question 1997 M3 maintenance

hey, guys, I was wondering what key preventative maintenance you guys would do for a 1997 E36 M3... I've owned my car for almost 2 years now all I did was restore the body. im currently sitting at 262km and i store it for the winter so im going to stock up on parts, any advice would be appreciated

Also in terms of mods im also looking into AFE cold air and M50 manifold
97Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
jamrobin
2nd Gear Member

LOL The best advice is to hit one of the other forums with less tumbleweeds rolling through.

Personally I would replace every bushing, the shocks, and fuel filter... big job but because of that it's the most likely neglected. AFTER the degraded rubber and plastics have been replaced then open the breathing. Storage is especially hard on the rubber bits too... they don't take well to static compression.
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: