Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Private Meets
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #46
redfox
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68


lol! Thanks.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #47
redfox
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Are we doing it tomorrow? I'm bringing my new whip.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #48
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member
 
Ali-323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 119
Yeah, most of the core group are good about being there every Friday.

Unfortunately this now conflicts with a sports league I play in, so it'll be rare that I personally show up for the next couple months.

Matt, one of the original organizers, recently lost his Max password, so he may no longer post his replies here... but again, is good about showing up weekly (and on time).
Ali-323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #49
CatchM3
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Markham
Posts: 134
What time do ppl usually leave paloma?
CatchM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #50
DJ Icy Diva
Hello Kitty
 
DJ Icy Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 15
Is there anyone here from Durham who goes to these meets weekly? I would like to go but I'm pretty shy and I don't know anyone. I'd rather meet up with some people in the area and then go with them...
DJ Icy Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #51
redfox
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
didn't see anyone out yesterday
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #52
aviator
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
Yeah, most of the core group are good about being there every Friday.

Unfortunately this now conflicts with a sports league I play in, so it'll be rare that I personally show up for the next couple months.

Matt, one of the original organizers, recently lost his Max password, so he may no longer post his replies here... but again, is good about showing up weekly (and on time).
that's unfortunate he had a sweet e30 M3... what happened to him? head injury? computer virus?
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:22 AM   #53
aviator
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchM3 View Post
What time do ppl usually leave paloma?
Never been there myself but I would hazard a guess at sometime around last call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Icy Diva View Post
Is there anyone here from Durham who goes to these meets weekly? I would like to go but I'm pretty shy and I don't know anyone. I'd rather meet up with some people in the area and then go with them...
IK there are a few members from Durham but I've not met any to know them... why not make the trip to the south/east T. group meet up mentioned in this thread and meet some of us... I can say honestly they [we] are a very friendly group even to those [me] who did not even have a BMW at first meeting...
aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #54
DJ Icy Diva
Hello Kitty
 
DJ Icy Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oshawa, ON
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
IK there are a few members from Durham but I've not met any to know them... why not make the trip to the south/east T. group meet up mentioned in this thread and meet some of us... I can say honestly they [we] are a very friendly group even to those [me] who did not even have a BMW at first meeting...
Thanks for the invite. I think I may find my way down this Friday... I'm just really shy so going up to strangers and stuff is pretty difficult for me. Anyways, I'll see if I can make it out - it just would really be nice to meet people with similar cars...

I also own a Mitsubishi Lancer, and I was part of the Mitsubishi forum. I would go to meets, and I met lots of great people who I'm still friends with... and they taught me lots about my car and were able to help when things needed fixing and all of that... so basically that's what I'm looking for here...

Again, thanks for the info... and hopefully I'll see you Friday...
DJ Icy Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #55
Fanitron
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Hey guys! I'm gonna try to make it down to this Friday's meet... what time is best to get there? I'm a little intimidated as I've only been to Honda meets prior to joining this forum... lol
Fanitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #56
redfox
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Cherry Beach would be around 8:30. Then cruising to La Paloma at around 10 PM. Sound about right Ali? Last week, no one showed up. Who's in this week?
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #57
Ali-323i
2nd Gear Member
 
Ali-323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 119
Hey guys, not sure what happened last week. As mentioned I'm no longer able to attend most of these meets Friday nights during the summer (conflicts with my sports league).

Seems as though construction on lakeshore is done, so the stadium rd venue is back. See one of the previous posts for info.
Thx.
Ali-323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #58
Fanitron
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
Hey guys, not sure what happened last week. As mentioned I'm no longer able to attend most of these meets Friday nights during the summer (conflicts with my sports league).

Seems as though construction on lakeshore is done, so the stadium rd venue is back. See one of the previous posts for info.
Thx.
Cool I definitely wanna come out this Friday if anyone else is down?
Fanitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #59
rj_eswara
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: toronto
Posts: 5
Can anyone come? or is this by invite only?
rj_eswara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #60
yyzron
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 26
Meeting place is by Cherry beach on Fridays at 8? I'm likely not up for the run to Paloma but I wouldn't mind seeing what a few of you have done with your e92's up close.
yyzron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018