Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
4 Door friendly content here! Project No-Name-yet

Hey guys, some of you may have seen this same thread on r3v for the past few weeks, ive been on max since may when i got the car probably and managed to make it cruise worthy by the end of the season max cruise and i did manage to come out meet a bunch of you e30 guys in our fall cruise with my 3 style 5's . So since maxbimmer has been more resourceful and inspiring to me than r3v i had to post the thread here for you to look at and give me some feedback. so here she is, my second car ever, my first BMW and first 5 Spd car as well..

the day i picked it up and quickly rinsed it for pics

Its a 1990 325i, i picked it up in may, bone stock from an older gentleman who was a subaru tech and maintained the e30 VERY well, he was the second owner bought it in 1994 which made me the third, had 258k on it i believe, everything was original pretty much except for some ghetto-rigged but very well matched subaru front seats and a cup holder LMAO, timing belt was done, waterpump was done, it sat at the end of his driveway with a for sale sign for a while, it was in mint shape with veryy minor rust on the fenders which are changable and its 5 speed but the sunroof didnt work at the time, so i made him a firm offer which was lower than his price and he took it (thank god lol). It passed e-test first shot and needed next to nothing for safety my mechanic passed it, so i knew right away I found a good one, so the million dollar journey began.. lol

this is after i got it on the road, went over to my buddy's and threw in an 8000k HID kit, and then went to the car wash.. right after i took this pic, buddy with an e46 comes up to me complimenting its condition and asking if its for sale, i said "sorry man i just bought it"

After that the coolant light started appearing on occasion, and i noticed a coolant leak, my mechanic mentioned that it would need a new waterpump when he inspected for safety, so i knew it was time to get that done.
After that i traced and fixed a rough idle problem with the help of george from simplycars. then i ordered little things i was missing like the foglights
and this is after i replaced the fogs, repainted the scuffed up lip and got french style film for the high beams.. and car wash again lol

then as soon as i started to go crazy with buyin parts, i got injured and couldnt work for 2 months (my luck of course.. ) so i painted my iX flares and front lip myself, got a set of redrilled style 5's, refinished them my self and just kinda put it all together before the season was over..

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Kamotors v5 CAI, Stage 2 F1 clutch w/ 14lb chromoly flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with H&R Race springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1), 3.15 Z3 Torsen LSD.
BBS RS's 16x8 front 16x9 rears 205/45 215/45
egye30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: