Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #16
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Little hard to help with wrenching from here.

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near."
estoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:55 AM   #17
windwagen
6th Gear Member

$7k for 223,000 km and 26 yrs? Is that what these go for now?

You can get an E46 for that....Or a E36 M3....
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/m...ationFlag=true

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
Mustachio
1st Gear Newbie

I sure can, I can also take that money and put into investments or use it for anything else that's more rational. But we are not talking about rational decisions when it come to cars, it's a bunch of metal on wheels at exorbitant amount of money that is only meant to extend your "insert favourite noun" size. Haha, I'm a bit angry today. I do like e46 but they a bit more complicated and harder to work on, mechanic bills would be an arm n a leg, while e30 have huge market support, easier to work on and they look awesome
Mustachio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:50 PM   #19
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't be so sure about the "easier to work on part". A decade is a long time for bolts to seize...even more. Newer electronics are actucally easier IMO... OBDii, and cheap programs like BMW Scanner, plus advice from forums definitely help.

When I got my first E39, I was afraid to work on it but I found it's actually not bad at all. How much wrenching can you do?

Now... I get the E30 thing.... I'd like one for track use. 7k seems high to me,,,unless it was special like M3.

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 02-21-2016, 10:52 PM   #20
Mustachio
1st Gear Newbie

I can't do much wrenching since I live in an apartment, so I will rely on my friends garage lol. Not to mention I have zero experience with this car. But that's part of the reason why I'm looking at a decently shaped car to begin with.

Guess it comes down to just personal value rather than factual worth. The example above didn't get me "excited" at all once I saw it, therefore its value and subsequent worth is unjustifiable.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:03 AM   #21
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Well - just take your time and get a good one.... Is the E30 your favourite model? I think most enthusiasts would agree that after E38,E39,E46 is when the focus of BMW begins to change.

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
Old 02-23-2016, 01:24 AM   #22
Mustachio
1st Gear Newbie

It has been my favourite since...well, pretty much ever. Granted, I've never compared the models side by side, I haven't driven them, so maybe I'm just biased and lost all objectivity haha, now you are making me doubt myself

The focus change you speaking off, you mean from the manufacturing perspective, as in they are no longer "pure" drivers car?

Last edited by Mustachio; 02-23-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #23
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

A lot of people argue that in more recent years BMW has been more about making money and gaining market share as opposed to really building "Ultimate Driving Machines". Also, since the E30, more on flashy technical stuff.

Personally, I'm less of an 3-series fan since the E46... they've gotten really bloated in my opinion. I like the former 1-series and current 2-series much more. Smaller, more compact sports cars.

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Old 02-23-2016, 03:21 PM   #24
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

A lot of people argue that in more recent years BMW has been more about making money and gaining market share as opposed to really building "Ultimate Driving Machines". Also, since the E30, more on flashy technical stuff.

Personally, I'm less of an 3-series fan since the E46... they've gotten really bloated in my opinion. I like the former 1-series and current 2-series much more. Smaller, more compact sports cars.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:33 PM   #25
Mustachio
1st Gear Newbie

I would agree with that, it's as if all car manufacturers have gone main stream, producing generic looking/driving cars. There's virtually nothing to set them apart. But I guess there's been a recent push towards safety and efficiency in a global market so it's like an evolution in optimization is occurring. Very soon every "car" will be a flying sphere
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #26
Vcalko
1st Gear Newbie

I am also a new registrant and finding it hard for the 25 post rule with no real experience as all mine have been leased and covered by warranties.
Vcalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #27
remolacha
1st Gear Newbie

Hello! Welcome to here) Me as well driving Toyota and looking for BMW)))
remolacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #28
Trippyzip
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
Hello everyone , just registered. I don't have a bimmer yet, driving a beat up Toyota. But I always wanted one and never got a chance to own a bmw. But lately I've been quite obsessed with them, specifically the e30 variety, wife is getting 0 love lol.

Anyways, I'm well aware of the 25 posts rule to be able to post on "looking for" forum but I don't have much to contribute considering I'm a noob without the car. Hope you can see my dilemma, and maybe can point me in the right direction.

Any BMW/e30 enthusiasts in Victoria/Vancouver Island?
New member here as well
Trippyzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #29
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Or - go to the test section and post crap.... I've done this before so I can post an original question

E39 M5 - for Sunny Days

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: