Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #31
Slowered318
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
Exhaust upgrades are pointless unless you have done some serious upgrades to your engine, and it's becoming a restriction.
Most cars that add headers (hopefully) and a catback exhaust are only hurting their 0-60 times because they now have a LOSS of backpressure. The funny thing is, is that most of the time, the stock version of a car will beat one with an exhaust on it because of the backpressure loss.

I must agree that I'm starting to see a trend in ''quieter'' exhaust systems now; and I think it's great! I'm still running my stock exhast system even though I have a supercharger installed, only because I get less attention from the police.
It will of course be changed when I'm finished all my other engine upgrades, but for now, there's no point in playing with millions of dollars worth of research BMW put into desging the stock exhaust.
Good call man.. plus the SC sounds so much better then any exhaust they make for BMW's!

I've been fighting my my exhaust system for years now.. it never sounds good no matter what i do to it.. the stock setup was always far better, but when it rots out you gotta replace it right?
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #32
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Good call man.. plus the SC sounds so much better then any exhaust they make for BMW's!

I've been fighting my my exhaust system for years now.. it never sounds good no matter what i do to it.. the stock setup was always far better, but when it rots out you gotta replace it right?
Bring your car down to noyzboyz if you're not happy with your exhaust sound. The guys there can make your car sound like anything you want (to an extent). They've promised me they'll try and make mine sound like a ferrari whenever I'm ready to get an exhaust upgrade. Maybe I should be cool and get a whistle exhuast...wooowoooo!!!!!!!

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:34 PM   #33
Slowered318
6th Gear Member

maybe i should give them a try.. id have the only 135 hp farrari around!
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:36 AM   #34
IVAN
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 22b
most of the rice burners ive seen have had their mommy and daddy buy their car. i'd rather work hard and get a nice car (e36 M3)
Dudek It's imposible to work and buy an M3 in early age like those young guys..I mean cars like 740Il 750 , M5 , M3 ,,,,on and on are not hondas....

Lets say for a car 80K the financing would be like

$1600/month (depends) how much u put down.....

1600+ 400 isnurance = gas (200) its al about between
2-3 G ....To spend tht much on a car per month You have to be makin' aT least 6G a month and UP ....

At age of 18 -19 20-21 22 very very hard.....

Unless You have JOHNSON or Mercury boat and u do some drugs over lake ontario froM NY.....

CAO
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:02 AM   #35
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

wats wrong with getting free shit? especially free shit that costs a hell lots
Old 08-11-2003, 03:10 AM   #36
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by JimZYellow
wats wrong with getting free shit? especially free shit that costs a hell lots
Because there is no pride in that.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:41 AM   #37
HIM
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to HIM Send a message via MSN to HIM
Screw pride, I'm sure pride won't cross your mind if your parent's offers to get you a m3 free of charge

Erwin Lee
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:45 AM   #38
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i'd rather work for my car..but if my parents offered to pay for some i wouldnt refuse. of course i would pay them back, but we all need help at times...but just buying the car without taking money back i dont do

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: