Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
gotcurry
burble city

FS: 2002 540i/6MT Sports Package - $10,000.00 OBO

Fresh out of storage and up for sale is my 2002 BMW 540i/6MT in excellent condition (no rust). Silver on black Sports Package with 174,XXX KM

This car has a lot of "character" - it has a REBUILT TITLE (front end collision) but there was a theft claim in 2007 for payout of $24K and then a total loss claim in 2009 for a payout of $17K resulting in the rebuilt title.

I bought it knowing it was rebuilt but was amazed at the condition it was in. Purchased it in 2014 at 155K and has only been summer driven since. Previous owner had a stable of cars and this was stored in his garage for couple of years. Safe to say this car has not seen a winter in the last 8 years. For those concerned about the title, if a rebuilt title turns you off, this car is NOT for you.

I have put a lot of care in this car and have a fat stack of current and previous maintenance records. Mechanically, all problem areas have been addressed except one (see below). Car has been modded tastefully to maintain the original look and feel - I've always wanted a 540i M-Sport so this has been made to look like one aesthetically as much as possible.

MODS:
- Extreme Parts front and rear M bumpers (purchased after hearing good things about them and have not been disappointed)
- Borla ProXS muffler with 3" cat-back piping- installed by Matt at custom GT
- E60 SSK - installed by Jay at StanceFactory
- Bilstein PSS coil-over - installed by Jay at StanceFactory
- AFE CAI
- OEM E39 M-Pars re-finished in gunmetal with machined lip - wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 (275/35/18 and 245/40/18)
- M5 Steering wheel with ZHP knob

THE BAD:
- Needs AC compressor - I have a used part and will include in sale if i dont install it myself
- Cracked windshield - in process of replacing
- Clear coat on rims is peeling but no curb rashes at all - refinish quality was terrible
- Dead pixels syndrome on the cluster (common issue)
- Twisty passenger seat syndrome (common issue)

Overall, the car is in great condition as you can see in the pictures and drives well. I took the liberty to touch up problem areas (dings & scratches) when the bumpers were going in so the paint looks pretty immaculate. Car has no rust whatsoever and gets plenty of compliments every season. Reason for selling is because I have my eye on another BMW and would like to see this go to a fellow max member.

Price is negotiable given the title however it is not reason enough to low ball what otherwise is a pristine example of a 540i. These cars are hard to find and it took me two years to find one in 2014. I have no problem keeping it and storing it at the end of the season. If you feel ways about the asking price, try and keep it to yourself.

Serious inquiries, feel free to DM me

PICS:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L8...fiFFfGj2Q0NK2s - pics are HQ, double tap to zoom

**Pictures titled "New" taken today when it was raining. Any diagonal streaks seen is just rain water. Interior needs to be cleaned as I didn't get a chance to before storing but is in excellent condition as well**

Last edited by gotcurry; 05-19-2018 at 07:42 PM.
gotcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
shugalou
2nd Gear Member

GLWS - You will raise the value of 540s for us all if you get close to asking.
shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
watut
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugalou View Post
glws - you will raise the value of 540s for us all if you get close to asking.
:d +1
watut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: