Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Schmitty
1st Gear Newbie

Turbo charging my 04 530i

Hey all,
I have a 2004 530i and my friend gave me his old turbo and if I where to install it how much boost would be safe to run on stock internals? I've also heard that it's a waste of time and should engine swap to a N54 engine and tune that instead
Schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 AM   #2
low_end
1st Gear Newbie

Well,first of all hello,I'm new around here too this is my 3rd post.

At the end of the day,considering the time and money put,having that free turbo is
not that much of a advantage compared to start from bare zero...if that turbo fit the
bill anyway.

A M54B30 is definitly not a strong boost platform,with a thicker headgasket,timeserts the block and a good tune you could have low boost 3xx hp tough.Not much more...
I am speaking real world real people(not Swedish or rich California kid here).

I am planning a E46 328i turbo build,almost same engine as your but more suitable
IMO to boost and abuse.Then again your car is a E60 for which there is no aftermarket
like there is for E46.I tho am curious about OEM 535i intercooler stuff that could be handy in your situation.

Swapping a N54 is a big no no,the electronics,I mean,no,dont go there.
low_end is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:49 AM   #3
alcohotline
1st Gear Newbie

alcohol helpline

Liquor hotlines are extraordinary administrations. They are made explicitly for individuals who are battling with liquor misuse. alcohol helpline They are additionally for people who are influenced by another person's liquor issue.
alcohotline is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: