Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #646
BigD
the misanthropist

Justin: never see you online anymore so I'll post here... you should be sitting for this... I got another legit powder source, same prices!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:25 AM   #647
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
who has a source for this ish? i use this gourmet something or other stuff. i'll check, its called creamy dreamy chocolate(the flavour not the brand). it sounds gay but honestly half the protien shit out there i can't stand the taste of. i mix in a couple grams of l-glutes and it gets me going

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
Old 11-16-2005, 12:32 AM   #648
MIZTERIO
1st Gear Newbie

I'm 25yrs old, 5'6" currently 182lbs... drinker. I want to loose weight(guts) and build some muscles. what i need to do?? i don't know shit about cardio, exercises and stuff like that. any recomendations?
thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 11:42 AM   #649
MIZTERIO
1st Gear Newbie

Old 11-17-2005, 11:57 AM   #650
Stevin
1st Gear Newbie

Start anything cardio (running, cycling, boxing, aerobics ) , and get a good diet... don't bother with lifting light weight with like 15 reps a set, cause thats just a waste of time.

What works for me is normally doing a bit of cardio, but mostly really heavy weights (4-6 reps a set) . Ur metabolism increases, but ur body doesn't break down the muscle, cause it knows it needs to use it, so rather it uses the fat.

Also it's a proven fact that Lifting weights raises ur metabolic rate for longer after a work out than cardio.

Also do Cardio after weights, cause it's easier to do cardio on tired muscles, but not to lift weights.

Me, I'm currently 5.9 20yr's old... 17% Body Fat (working really hard on that, with a nice lcean diet) Hoping to drop 5% in 5 weeks, then another 2% in 4 weeks after that.

Max Rep

Bench = 90kg
Squat = 250kg
Incline Dumbell Curl = 18kg
Old 11-18-2005, 05:46 PM   #651
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Building Forearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
Hey there justin your favourite pupil here

As you know i've been bulking for a few weeks now...mass is coming on i'm happy tos ay....skinny 6pack is no more....now it's slightly flabby but slightly stronger too

one thing i'm starting to notice however...(and i've been told this by a couple friends too) My shoulders are quite decent(i think it's just genetics my arms are not big at all but avg size(for a skinny guy)(anywhere from 13-13.75inches depending on pump etc(this is flexed mind you)...however my forearms are definately lagging.....my forearms are barely 10.5 inches....so when i wear polos and what not i have these twig little forearms and you don't really see any mass until the top of bicep/tricep(bottom shoulder)....

whereas my dad who mind you is MUCH older has HUGE tree trunk forearms and he hasn't worked out a day in his life and is not very fat at all

i'm basically wondering if you had any tips on getting these stubborn forearms to grow with my god damn arms...hopefully by the summertime i can be 13.75inches unpumped and flexed...and around 14 when pumped
Unfortunately this is something you will never fully be able to combat. While you can build your forearms, and your hands somewhat, your wrists and your forearms leading up to your wrists will only change in size as you put on overall bodyweight.

I suffer from this as well, but there are excerises you can do to build your forearms. Now, before I continue I must stress just how important forearm strength is, especially when bulking quickly. Your forearm muscles are used to control movement of your wrist, and for closing your hand. Go ahead, make a fist and feel your forearm as you do so. You'll feel the muscles in there moving.

Now, if your biceps/triceps get too strong too quick, and your forearms can't keep up with the weights---you may suffer from tendonitis. I know a lot of people who suffer from tendonitis in their forearms now, unfortunately it is a pain that never does fully go away either. Using wrist straps, or well padded gloves can both help combat this---but in turn, they also hinder progress of your hand and forearm strength.

Basically any type of wrist curl, or reverse wrist curl, will build your forearm. So if you grab a dumbell in your hand, and keep your palms faced upwards. Allow the dumbell to roll back and your wrist to fall back gently. Then curl your wrist as far up as you can do. You don't need heavy weight to do this. Do the same with your palms faced down (reverse wrist curls) as well.

There are also hand-grips you can get that will aid in forearm development, as well as wrist and hand development. They look like this: http://www.gungfu.com/pics_general/p...gear/a8604.jpg

Justin
Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 PM   #652
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBlonde
yes pls send it to kamilag@yorku.ca thanks
e-mail sent.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #653
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossi
Justin, can you recomend a decent training split? Currently my split is - 1-Chest,2-Shoulders,3-Back,4-Tri's,5-Bi's... I feel like I'm not working out my chest enough... How often should I be training chest? once a week? twice a week? Thanks
Sure, there are some splits I have listed over here: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...973#post466973

If you'd like to tweak them in any way, let me know and we can go over them and customize something for your specific schedule.

Chest should be done once a week, MAYBE twice a week depending on how you train and what your goals are. My pecs usually hurt for 5 days or so after my chest workouts.

I suspect the problem is not that you're not exercises your chest enough, but that you're not working it out properly. What does your typical chest routine look like?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:52 PM   #654
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

great, i actually purchased those hand grips last year.....i used to struggle on the 'level 1' ones....now i'm to the 'level 2' one which are a little harder...but i haven't really seen any size gains...strength sure....and i see what you mean...i guess it will come with overall size since my joints are quite small to begin with...i'll be sure to report my entire progress come february as i'm already noticing gains in my back

lesson of 2005: deadlifts > all

Bobby
Old 11-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #655
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
who has a source for this ish? i use this gourmet something or other stuff. i'll check, its called creamy dreamy chocolate(the flavour not the brand). it sounds gay but honestly half the protien shit out there i can't stand the taste of. i mix in a couple grams of l-glutes and it gets me going
You likely have Whey Gourmet from PVL Labs. But it could also be Interactive Nutrition Gourmet Whey. Once in a while I sell this stuff cheap: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59991

I'll be making a post later today, or early tomorrow, with some of my favorite protein shakes for those who have difficulty with the taste of this stuff. I've learned a few tricks along the way.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #656
Justin e36
---

Quote:
great, i actually purchased those hand grips last year.....i used to struggle on the 'level 1' ones....now i'm to the 'level 2' one which are a little harder...but i haven't really seen any size gains...strength sure....and i see what you mean...i guess it will come with overall size since my joints are quite small to begin with...i'll be sure to report my entire progress come february as i'm already noticing gains in my back

Bobby
try the wrist curls. make sure to curl your wrists as far as they will go with the dumbells in your hand. try with 15lb weights to start.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #657
grossi
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Sure, there are some splits I have listed over here: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...973#post466973

If you'd like to tweak them in any way, let me know and we can go over them and customize something for your specific schedule.

Chest should be done once a week, MAYBE twice a week depending on how you train and what your goals are. My pecs usually hurt for 5 days or so after my chest workouts.

I suspect the problem is not that you're not exercises your chest enough, but that you're not working it out properly. What does your typical chest routine look like?
My pecs hurt for about 3 days after my chest workout - it's just that I felt I could do some pushups off the swiss ball or something on a day where I focus on another bodypart for example. My chest routine is as follows - warmup (20reps on bench press), Bench Press (Barbell): 4 sets (12 reps, 10 reps, 6-8 reps, 6-8 reps - adding weight as I decrease the reps), Incline Dumbell Press: 4 sets (12reps, 12reps, 6-8reps, 6-8 reps - again, adding weight as I go along), Incline Dumbell Flyes: 4 sets (all 10-12 reps). Sometimes I throw in 1 or 2 sets of pushups to failure if I feel okay.. Thanks for the help Justin!
Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 PM   #658
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:

Bobby
Well being one of about 150 people in the world that could close a #3 Ironmind gripper (by the time I sent in the paperwork to get tested officially I couldn't do it anymore ), I can tell you that while gripper work helps, there is nothing better than just lifting heavy and gripping the shit out of whatever you're holding. I trained with the grippers for a year and I got within an eightth of an inch of closing the 3 but that is the hardest bit. Then I gave up and focussed on training for powerlifting and then I picked up the #3 and suddenly I could close it.

And as your grip gets stronger your forearms will grow. I do no forearm training and I've got pretty good drumsticks. Just be conscious of your grip. If you do deadlifts or chinups (you do chinups right? no pussy pulldowns), don't resort to straps until you ABSOLUTELY have to.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:21 PM   #659
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

yeah i've been told 'squeeze the SH!T' outta the bar....for ur forearms...but i find all that does is tire them out before i'm done my sets...like if i'm doing deadlifts and i squeeze that mofo on every rep....by the 2nd set last rep the bar is ready to fall from my grip making the last set almost impossible to complete even though my back/legs still have power left in them.

As for chin-ups...i occasionally do but to be honest their not really embedded into my routine....maybe i should throw that in....thnx
Old 11-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #660
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
yeah i've been told 'squeeze the SH!T' outta the bar....for ur forearms...but i find all that does is tire them out before i'm done my sets...like if i'm doing deadlifts and i squeeze that mofo on every rep....by the 2nd set last rep the bar is ready to fall from my grip making the last set almost impossible to complete even though my back/legs still have power left in them.

As for chin-ups...i occasionally do but to be honest their not really embedded into my routine....maybe i should throw that in....thnx
Well that's a good indicator that they're weak. It's kind of a catch 22 because as you get stronger and you have to support/hold more weight with your hands, your forearms will grow naturally. But if you want to speed this up, squeezing the bar is a good idea. Don't forget that this doesn't just apply to pulling movements. In fact I never oversqueeze during a pull. I oversqueeze during a push, but usually it's natural, like this:

http://www.opengraphics.com/~dvorono...outs-Nov17.wmv

And chinups are as important for your back as benchpress is for your front. You should place as much importance at getting good and strong at doing chinups as the bench. You will see results from it like no other back exercize and it will make you bulletproof in the upper body. Your back, biceps, forearms, everything will get bigger and stronger. And no excuses. If your grip fails, get straps. If your lats/biceps fail, have someone support your legs as much as necessary for you to do good, difficult reps.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: