Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #601
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

stretch marks?

hey justin,

i have been working out for about 8 months and bulked up from 135 lbs to 170 lbs. i am 5'11, is that a good weight u think. i feel great, put on a little gut, but i am working it off nicley. I have a problem though, i have started get strectch marks and its pissing me off, i dont want to stop working out cause i feel great, but i dont like them. What can i do or use to help me with them. pls help.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:24 AM   #602
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Stretch Marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
hey justin,

i have been working out for about 8 months and bulked up from 135 lbs to 170 lbs. i am 5'11, is that a good weight u think. i feel great, put on a little gut, but i am working it off nicley. I have a problem though, i have started get strectch marks and its pissing me off, i dont want to stop working out cause i feel great, but i dont like them. What can i do or use to help me with them. pls help.
Hi Vegabass,

35LB in 8 months is very good weight gains. What was your schedule, routine, and diet like during this bulking phase?

Unfortunately, stretch marks during rapid weight gain, or rapid weight loss is almost inevitable. However, there is a way around it... if you act fast. Take this from the guy that put on 45LB in 3 months leading to so many stretch marks I turned into a Zebra... even had them on my knuckles!

Pure Cocoa Butter (I prefer Palmer's brand).. rubbed into your skin 2x to 3x per day before your stretch marks become scars will ensure they don't stay around. However, you can't just rub it on.. you need to keep rubbing until nothing is left. If you have stretch marks that have already begun turning into scar tissue, then you will need some pure Vitamin E oil to help remove the scars. Your best bet is you buy the gel-caps of oral Vitamin E. While ingesting the capsules will help with overall skin texture, tone, and hair... you need to use it on particular spots. Crack open the Vitamin E capsules with your nail and rub it onto the scar sites. This helps with any scars you may have (from cuts, bruises, acne, etc.). Both of these remedies will show visible results within days.

And lastly, if you have fair skin then tanning will help considerably with both hiding and removing the scars. It won't get rid of them completely.. but it will help a great deal.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #603
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
Last december I was at a peak of 202lbs. I was working out 5 days a week, eating well, and was finally lifting some good weights. Then I broke my arm.... About April I was getting back to the Gym, but just couldnt get back into a routine until June.
In June i got back up to a peak of 202.5lbs and was benching sets at 200 again so I was happy... then I got a bad flu, got over it, and then got the flu again. So my summer was basically screwed. Mid september I was down to weighing about 187lbs. I have been back to the Gym 3 days a week for 4 weeks now, and am at 192. My lifting is slowly climbing again and I am slowly getting back into shape.
I am moving down to Mexico in five weeks, so am hoping to get some muscle back and shed some of this stomach I have put on. Gotta start forcing myself to hit the cardio, but its hard when I can only get to the Gym three days a week for about an hour each time.
Anyways.... thats where I am.

(Edit: I cant spell today)
Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 PM   #604
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

I will try the coco butter and the vitamin E. I really hope it works, I really can’t stand them.

My meal plan and routine, u guys will laugh. Oh man, I ate everything, tried to stay away from fast foods, but if that was all I could eat at the time, down it went. LOL. I started on the N-Large, but found it made me go to the bathroom way too much, so I cut it down and then started on this stuff called 100% Pure Protein. Works ok, I found the real results when I started cramming down TUNA. I went to Price Choppers when they had a sale and bought like 50 bucks worth of it, ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh man, that stuff works awesome. That with the protein I found gave me the most gain, plus all the food I ate.

My routine is pretty simple, and to be honest I don’t know what the workouts are called, I get guys at the gym to teach me.

Mondays:
1. Legs (that way if I go out Friday they are healed)
2. 15 mins of cardio

Tuesday:
1. Shoulders
2. Biceps
3.15 mins of cardio

Wednesday:
1.Chest
2.15 mins of cardio

Thursday:
1.Back
2.Triceps
3.15 mins of cardio

Friday:
1.Abs
2.15 mins of cardio

Saturday:
Sleep like a baby.

Sunday:
Sleep like a baby.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #605
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

Hey Justin, I shot you a PM a few days ago but you haven't replied yet so I was just wondering did you receive it?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #606
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNY
hey justin let me be the first guy to welcome back this thread. I must be honest, and say that i have done $hit in the past 7 months, i have gained a bit of weight 10lbs, that all went into the belly, lost alot of upper body mass, and feel tired most of the time. Yesterday i re-joined my gym, and im ready to go, the first 2 weeks will be hell but once im back to my old routine 5-6 days a week, i will be good. This year i plan to go hard, i want to really improve my body, and im sure i will have a lot of good examples from you, just like in the past. So once again thanks for bumping this up for us, and me, now let's go back to the gym and see some results
Hey Andre... how's your weight training coming along since you started back at the gym?.. settled into a routine yet?

J
Old 10-17-2005, 12:50 AM   #607
AndreNY
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Hey Andre... how's your weight training coming along since you started back at the gym?.. settled into a routine yet?

J

im only doing 2-3 times a week, having 2 jobs takes a but toll on my body. It's very hard but now that the winter is comming i will most likely use every free moment i have to dedicate to the gym. I will soon go back to my Diet
Old 10-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #608
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Well, this thread is good. I'm reading it from start to finish, but I thought I'd post.
ANyways, Im 19, 5'11, about 185-190 pounds. I;ve got a gut, and I don't really workout, although I have now joined one, and will start going soon.
My eating is probably to blame, I eat a lot of sugar based stuff, sandwiches, etc. My meals pretty much consist of anything really that my mom makes. BTW, I dont really do much physical activity.
I wanna loose my gut, and build a nice semi muscular body.
I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to be average body wise, I want to be part of those who are actually fit. Could you make some suggestions of what I need to change about my life style. Schedules, etc.
I am planning on going to the gym about 3 times a week, as my very hectic schedule permits.
THanx. Now back to reading hte thread.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
Old 10-17-2005, 05:27 PM   #609
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Hey Justin..

Glad that your keeping the thread alive...

Here's my update
Use to be 195 (Year ago)
Went down to 178 last January and now back to 185

I'm stuck again on 185 damn after the winter I slacked off

I'm pretty close to my goal of 175 but to do that it looks like i'm going to need to change my eating habits again. I like to loose the 10lbs and make muscles along the way..

What do you think about my meal plan?

Morning
Cardio with empty stomach ~20 mins
10 min rest
eat breakfast (Cereal with milk) & grapejuice
go to work
9:30am coffee & snack & grapejuice
10:30am water
12:30pm meal with veggie & grapejuice
1:30 water
2:30pm snack (apple) & yogurt & grapejuice
3:30 water
5:30 coffee & meal (chicken or meat with veggie) & grapejuice
6:30 water
7:30-8:30 weight training

Ofcourse the meals will be different each day of the week...

Also, I just bought some weights equipments at home to bring the gym to me heheh i'm kinda slacker when it comes going to the gym. I'm not sure how to do my splits... can you recommend a week of training for me?

Thanks Justin

Jeff
Old 10-20-2005, 05:11 AM   #610
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Well, this thread is good. I'm reading it from start to finish, but I thought I'd post.
ANyways, Im 19, 5'11, about 185-190 pounds. I;ve got a gut, and I don't really workout, although I have now joined one, and will start going soon.
My eating is probably to blame, I eat a lot of sugar based stuff, sandwiches, etc. My meals pretty much consist of anything really that my mom makes. BTW, I dont really do much physical activity.
I wanna loose my gut, and build a nice semi muscular body.
I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to be average body wise, I want to be part of those who are actually fit. Could you make some suggestions of what I need to change about my life style. Schedules, etc.
I am planning on going to the gym about 3 times a week, as my very hectic schedule permits.
THanx. Now back to reading hte thread.
Nothing wrong with eating sandwiches. Sounds like what you're going to have to change about your lifestyle is simple, get more active. Perhaps eat smaller meals throughout the day. It's extremely difficult to gain muscle size, and lose fat at the same time. So you'll have to either focus on one, or the other until you're happy, then change your regimen to support it. Let me know what you'd like to do first... lose weight, or gain size. And give me an example of what your daily schedule is like so we can figure out a proper gym schedule to suit you.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 AM   #611
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
Hey Justin..

Glad that your keeping the thread alive...

Here's my update
Use to be 195 (Year ago)
Went down to 178 last January and now back to 185

I'm stuck again on 185 damn after the winter I slacked off

I'm pretty close to my goal of 175 but to do that it looks like i'm going to need to change my eating habits again. I like to loose the 10lbs and make muscles along the way..

What do you think about my meal plan?

Morning
Cardio with empty stomach ~20 mins
10 min rest
eat breakfast (Cereal with milk) & grapejuice
go to work
9:30am coffee & snack & grapejuice
10:30am water
12:30pm meal with veggie & grapejuice
1:30 water
2:30pm snack (apple) & yogurt & grapejuice
3:30 water
5:30 coffee & meal (chicken or meat with veggie) & grapejuice
6:30 water
7:30-8:30 weight training

Ofcourse the meals will be different each day of the week...

Also, I just bought some weights equipments at home to bring the gym to me heheh i'm kinda slacker when it comes going to the gym. I'm not sure how to do my splits... can you recommend a week of training for me?

Thanks Justin

Jeff
Can you give me an example of what your lunch meal is like? It looks like you're pretty much on track and doing everything properly. How do you do your cardio? Interval training? With the plan you have, you should be losing that weight fairly easily. Let me know what equipment you have at your disposal, and which days a week you will be training, and we can develop a proper split from there.

In the meanwhile, you can look at this previous post with some example splits: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...lit#post466973
Old 10-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #612
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Hi Justin,

27yrs old, 5'7" currently 220lbs

I use to be in great shape, in the 180's up until 5 years ago. I then started working full time on 2 week rotating shifts (mid/aft/days). Gained like 40lbs, developing bad eating/sleeping habits. Like having a late meal at the end of the shift, and going home to crash. Or being really busy working through breaks, get home have a big meal, then sleeping. Sometimes being bored, spending the night in the cafateria munching to stay awake. I feel drained all the time. I want to get back to where i was. What do you suggest for me? The challenge for me is trying to make it work, with the rotating shift work.

thanks,
Pete

Last edited by petevw; 10-20-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #613
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

k im 6'1" and i weigh 120lb...yes im seriously underweight and i cant gain weight, well to my understanding due to what im seeing, my metabolism is stupidly high (i.e. ill eat 2 McChickens, which i know is unhealthy but its the quickest example i can think of, and in 15 minuts im hungry again). One problem someone told me why i dont gain the weight is due to the fact the way i eat, like i cant entirely chew my food as my jaw structure is abnormal thus i have a very small biting/chewing area leading to usually sometimes eating like a duck; chewing 3-4 times then jus swallowing cuz i have like only 4 molars and missing 7 adult teeth, they just never were existed.

Also sometimes when i do gain weight, say like 5-10 pounds, i gain it one week...but as soon as i get hit with a flue or even a minor cold, i lose the weight i gained plus additional weight. No one knows whats going on, and i have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach. I used to do kick-boxing and we had a routine workout and it got me toned, but my structural integrety stayed the same, stayed same weight.

Im going to try the vitamin E remedy as all of the stretch marks are just scar tissue building on scar tissue. So ill try that remedy...

As for working out i can pretty much work out whenever need be.

Thanks Justin
Jim

Edit: I saw a lot of the guys are posting what they eat...so here goes

- wake up and drink 600ml of chocolate milk (and a grenola bar sometimes)
- take a shower eat 2 rotis with w.e. dish my mom made
- if im going to uni in the morning (be hungry for an hour, drive there) then eat something from subway(6" chicken sub or footlong veggie)/kfc/wendy's (2 JBC and a small coke)/mcdonald's(2 mc chickens or a big mac)
- be hungry for an hour, drive home
- eat 2 hotdogs/spaghetti/leftovers
- grab an ice cream (sometimes not a lot...just get cravings here and there)
- eat dinner (if its rice then a whole plate and w.e. dish mom made/if its lasagne 2 slices/pizza then 4 slices/fajita's 1, used to eat 2 dunno why i cant now/but in general a serving for 2 people)
- chill for a bit before drinking a 600ml glass of milk then go to sleep

**a lot of that is in general what i can eat and usually do...but sometimes theres days where although i know its somewhere around the time ill eat but i dont feel hungry so i wont eat :S
- be hungry for an hour (ride home)
-

Last edited by Jim .E.; 10-20-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #614
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

JIM.E, i know you may say you "can't gain weight" and "you've tried everything"......Bottomline....ur not eating enough....this coming from a once 5'9 115lb scrawny shait..i'm not any better now but less anorexic looking 5'10 143(give and take a few lbs)
Old 10-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #615
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
JIM.E, i know you may say you "can't gain weight" and "you've tried everything"......Bottomline....ur not eating enough....this coming from a once 5'9 115lb scrawny shait..i'm not any better now but less anorexic looking 5'10 143(give and take a few lbs)
it seems as if not eating enough...but when i do eat what i know i can eat, i always feel as if ive overeaten i.e. get a protein surplus and start feeling really sleep, like ive fell asleep and didnt notice for an hour once and on the other occasion sometimes i jus feel like ill throw up...its like i dont know my own stomach kind of thing these days
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: