Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #586
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
Justin,
I was reading your weight loss post, and while you hit some important points, there are other factors that you are missing out and some of those can be important as ppl will react very differently to the horomone supplements that you are telling ppl to take to lose weight. Any time you start taking T3 and T4 stimulants it will trace back further to ACTH, and can effect Cortisol levels. There is a really big picture here that would take a lot of explanation. So Im just gonna say for ppl to be extremely cautious when taking some of things described here because you can have very ill effect from it and can cause chronic problems if you take it for an extended time.
Yes good points. As mentioned in the post, T3/T4 are the most dangerous of the supplements listed and can have serious reprecussions. Both ATCH stimulation leading to the production of Cortisol, and growth of the adrenal gland are again related to the dependency of synthetic T3/T4. This is why, if you plan on using this, it's crucial to follow a proper pyramiding technique like the one graphed in the post. Thanks for the heads up, stalker.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #587
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfanatic
I see, alright, thanks alot for your replies Justin, they really helped

Edit: I was reading the post you linked me to, and in the recommendations sections, you said this about whey protein, "If you are health-conscious, this is not a good solution. The cheapest places to buy Optimum Nutrition protein (ON) is from www.sndcanada.com or www.bodybuilding.com"

Can you expand as to why this is not a good solution for health-conscious people? What is it about whey protein that makes it so, and if worst comes to worst the problems it can cause, or just common side effects and such if there are any?
I may have worded that wrong, or without proper explanation. Most health conscious people turn to organic foods and avoid processed foods whenever possible. Whey Isolate has been processed to hell and back to achieve the formula they have. (take a look at the side of the bottle, it's not as simple as "whey isolate".) These people would usually turn to soy protein as a natural alternative.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 AM   #588
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Yes good points. As mentioned in the post, T3/T4 are the most dangerous of the supplements listed and can have serious reprecussions. Both ATCH stimulation leading to the production of Cortisol, and growth of the adrenal gland are again related to the dependency of synthetic T3/T4. This is why, if you plan on using this, it's crucial to follow a proper pyramiding technique like the one graphed in the post. Thanks for the heads up, stalker.
No problem and good luck guys.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 AM   #589
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta
Hey Justin, I remember seeing one of your posts and you put up a picture of your routine including what you eat/supplements you take and at what time, and it looked like it was on some sort of comp program, was it something special or just Outlook Calender or something?!

I would look through this thread but it's 40 pages long.
I spent the last 15 mins searching for it.. I couldn't find it either. I'm wondering if it was in another thread.. ?

In either case, I'm pretty sure you're talking about my hourly schedule, I will re-attach it to this post. And indeed, I am using a computer program.. good ol' fashioned Microsoft Excel. (I use what I have available on my work PC.)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hourly Schedule (Fri-Tues).jpg (156.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpeg Hourly Schedule (Wed & Thurs).jpeg (164.2 KB, 198 views)
Old 06-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #590
Justin e36
---

Thumbs up

The Next Level of Health Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
UPDATE

Its been about 10 months since I have started working out and here is my progress. Tell me how im doin justin.

As of right now, Im not going to touch a weight until august 8th, when I get back to school. I will have more free time then. But when I do get back, I am going to go even more hardcore than what I have been doing up unitl now. I think I am ready to take it to the next level. Justin, what can I take that they sell from GNC that will take me to the next level? Up unitl now its been only protein and creatine that I have been taking. Also what specific GNC product can i take to get nice and ripped? I want something that will boost my metabolism that I can take for maybe a few months, to get rid of the pouch I still have. Thanks
Very good progress, especially since August 2004. You have a lot of potential if you lean out a bit and pack on another 10LB of muscle you can have that lean beach body and six pack that the ladies love. Muscle development is symmetical, and you've leaned out quite a bit. You need to work on your shoulders and traps a bit to help bring out the V shape. (slimming your waist is only half the battle, broadening your shoulders as well is what gives that V shape.) Your arms don't need targeting yet, just maintani your routine. Your chest development is perfect as is, again maintain, your waist and abs seem to be slimming well. You're dropping a lot of BF%, good work! Hopefully this'll motivate some of the other members on here to see what's possible in such a short period of time!

There are a few products you can take from GNC to give you that extra kick to both build a few more pounds of muscle, and lose some fat. The ultimate-next-level for the bodybuilder is one (or a combination of) steroids (i.e. testosterone), growth hormones, and IGF-1 (insulin). All of this is produced naturally in your body. The next level of supplements are things that stimulate your body to produce more of these products naturally. All of these products are available at GNC, or other health stores and will help take your training to new heights.

Glutamine (L-Glutamine): Take 6000mg to 18000mg per day (free form powder, or capsule) after workout, or before bed. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in your body, and makes up more than 50% of the amino acids found in muscle cells. As you stress your muscle cells, this demand becomes more and more important. In bodybuilding terms, this will help with both stamina (how long it takes for muscles to begin getting tired) and with recovery. In health terms it is important for your immune system, intestinal functions, among other things.

Ornithine (l-ornithine): Take 3000mg - 6000mg daily, taken in the morning. This amino acid stimulates the release of natural growth hormones in your body. By doing so, you will build more muscle, and burn more fat. It also helps with wound healing.

Arginine (l-arginine): 6000mg to 12000mg daily. Take once before bed, and once around noon. This is one of the most overlooked amino acids, but warrants serious recognition for any athlete or bodybuilder. Arginine is an essential amino acid necessary for protein synthesis. It works by stimulating the release of prolactin, glucagon, insulin, and growth hormone. Your body uses arginine to create nitric oxide, the chemical that relaxes the muscles in your walls of arteries to help increase blood flow and tissue oxygenation. (no need for spending a fortune on NO2!) The benefits of this amino acid are wide ranging, I'd recommend a quick search on google to see a full list. But a few things I'll list off the top of my head. It improves immune response to bacteria, viruses, tumors, it's crucial for tissue repair, and wound healing. Helps with erectile dysfunction by the widening of peripheral and coronary blood vessels. Definately worth the $10.

GABA - Gamma Aminobutyric Acid: Take 3500mg - 6500mg daily with food. (split between breakfast and dinner.) This amino acid is actually a nerve transmitter, used to send nerve impulses from one nerve to another. For bodybuilding, it greatly boosts the natural production of growth hormone levels. (almost 5x more production!) within 2 hours of taking it. From a health perspective, it will help supress appetite (if you're bulking, make sure you're eating enough!), helps give you a deeper sleep, and has a calming effect if you get nervous or jittery. Some also report they can think clearer and sharper. (which can quite possibly be true, since, as mentioned, GABA is a neurotransmitter amino acid.) There is no actual scientific proof as to whether this is true or not though, but something to think about nonetheless.

Chrysin: This is the natural alternative to nolvadex, and arimidex. Bodybuilders will often stack some type of estrogen blocker to prevent excess testosterone being injected from aromatizing into estrogen. (which can lead to increased fat, growth of breast tissue, prostate enlargement, and accelerated pattern baldness.) In other words, it is used to counteract the main side effects of testosterone steroids. For the natural bodybuilder, reducing the amount of free estrogen is also very beneficial, as it allows more testosterone to stay in your body. It blocks the conversion of testosterone to both estrogen and dihyrdotestosterone by blocking the enzyme aromatase. This has been shown to increase the level of testosterone in the blood by up to 30%.

Weight Loss Supplements
Now, these will all give you an advantage in your game, but you've also mentioned you want to lose that extra bit of fat. While the extra growth hormone will help, it won't give you those ripped abs that I know you desire. Of course you need to do cardio, proper diet, and all that jazz. But in terms of what would be available at GNC, this is what can help you out. I don't know what actual products are on the shelves now, but bring this list with you and read the sides of the bottles to see what you can find.

Phaseolamin (carb blocker): This is a natural product derived from white kidney beans. This product neutralizes starch which is found in many foods such as potatoes, rice, and pasta. This product actually reduces the amount of the enzyme alpha amylase in your body. This enzyme is what breaks down starches into glucose / energy. Without doing this, the carbs will pass through your intestines with minimal absorbion.

Chitosan (fat blocker): This is not to be confused with a carb blocker. It works by binding to fatty acids not allowing them to be broken down by your body and absorbed. It's natural, and it works.

Fat Burners: These puppies are the most well known for fat loss. They work by doing three things effectively: Burn stored fat as energy, fat cells will be broken down and immobilized, and increase your metabolic rate.

The most effective fat burners are the ones mentioned in previous posts. (ephedrine, clenbuterol, and synthetic t3/t4). But there are natural alternatives found on products at GNC. The 6 main supplements you want to look out for are:
- Green Tea
- Yerba Mate
- Guanara Extract
- 7-Keto
- Coleus Forskohlii
- Caffeine

I don't have time now to go into details on all these fat burning supplements, but if you can find something with a mix of all of them, you'll be a happy man. Combine this with a carb blocker, and a fat blocker, and you'll be shedding pounds off your waist line. Now, keep in mind that 7-Keto is a patented product, so make sure you see a patent number on the side of the bottle to ensure it's not a fake. LS7 (www.leansystem7.com) is a product that has real 7-keto in it.

Hope this helps,
Justin

Last edited by Justin e36; 06-21-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #591
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Hey thanks for the write up, Im going to add this page to my favs, for when I get back into it in august. Thanks again for the write up
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM   #592
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
The Next Level of Health Supplements

Very good progress, especially since August 2004. You have a lot of potential if you lean out a bit and pack on another 10LB of muscle you can have that lean beach body and six pack that the ladies love. Muscle development is symmetical, and you've leaned out quite a bit. You need to work on your shoulders and traps a bit to help bring out the V shape. (slimming your waist is only half the battle, broadening your shoulders as well is what gives that V shape.) Your arms don't need targeting yet, just maintani your routine. Your chest development is perfect as is, again maintain, your waist and abs seem to be slimming well. You're dropping a lot of BF%, good work! Hopefully this'll motivate some of the other members on here to see what's possible in such a short period of time!

There are a few products you can take from GNC to give you that extra kick to both build a few more pounds of muscle, and lose some fat. The ultimate-next-level for the bodybuilder is one (or a combination of) steroids (i.e. testosterone), growth hormones, and IGF-1 (insulin). All of this is produced naturally in your body. The next level of supplements are things that stimulate your body to produce more of these products naturally. All of these products are available at GNC, or other health stores and will help take your training to new heights.

Glutamine (L-Glutamine): Take 6000mg to 18000mg per day (free form powder, or capsule) after workout, or before bed. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in your body, and makes up more than 50% of the amino acids found in muscle cells. As you stress your muscle cells, this demand becomes more and more important. In bodybuilding terms, this will help with both stamina (how long it takes for muscles to begin getting tired) and with recovery. In health terms it is important for your immune system, intestinal functions, among other things.

Ornithine (l-ornithine): Take 3000mg - 6000mg daily, taken in the morning. This amino acid stimulates the release of natural growth hormones in your body. By doing so, you will build more muscle, and burn more fat. It also helps with wound healing.

Arginine (l-arginine): 6000mg to 12000mg daily. Take once before bed, and once around noon. This is one of the most overlooked amino acids, but warrants serious recognition for any athlete or bodybuilder. Arginine is an essential amino acid necessary for protein synthesis. It works by stimulating the release of prolactin, glucagon, insulin, and growth hormone. Your body uses arginine to create nitric oxide, the chemical that relaxes the muscles in your walls of arteries to help increase blood flow and tissue oxygenation. (no need for spending a fortune on NO2!) The benefits of this amino acid are wide ranging, I'd recommend a quick search on google to see a full list. But a few things I'll list off the top of my head. It improves immune response to bacteria, viruses, tumors, it's crucial for tissue repair, and wound healing. Helps with erectile dysfunction by the widening of peripheral and coronary blood vessels. Definately worth the $10.

GABA - Gamma Aminobutyric Acid: Take 3500mg - 6500mg daily with food. (split between breakfast and dinner.) This amino acid is actually a nerve transmitter, used to send nerve impulses from one nerve to another. For bodybuilding, it greatly boosts the natural production of growth hormone levels. (almost 5x more production!) within 2 hours of taking it. From a health perspective, it will help supress appetite (if you're bulking, make sure you're eating enough!), helps give you a deeper sleep, and has a calming effect if you get nervous or jittery. Some also report they can think clearer and sharper. (which can quite possibly be true, since, as mentioned, GABA is a neurotransmitter amino acid.) There is no actual scientific proof as to whether this is true or not though, but something to think about nonetheless.

Chrysin: This is the natural alternative to nolvadex, and arimidex. Bodybuilders will often stack some type of estrogen blocker to prevent excess testosterone being injected from aromatizing into estrogen. (which can lead to increased fat, growth of breast tissue, prostate enlargement, and accelerated pattern baldness.) In other words, it is used to counteract the main side effects of testosterone steroids. For the natural bodybuilder, reducing the amount of free estrogen is also very beneficial, as it allows more testosterone to stay in your body. It blocks the conversion of testosterone to both estrogen and dihyrdotestosterone by blocking the enzyme aromatase. This has been shown to increase the level of testosterone in the blood by up to 30%.
are these safe to use at age 17?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Old 06-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #593
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46_lover
are these safe to use at age 17?
Yes, all except Chrysin.. at your age you need more estrogen conversion to develop properly. I wish I knew about these products at your age... the benefits while going through puberty are phenominal. Stay in the lower dosage ranges from those listed in the above post.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #594
M-ATTACK
Vroom vroom

can you buy Ornithine (l-ornithine) as a powder form, i could only find pill form, i was thinking of this amino acid for quite sometime and would prefer a powder.

any good places near brampton mississauga to purchase it

thanks
Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #595
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Yes, all except Chrysin.. at your age you need more estrogen conversion to develop properly. I wish I knew about these products at your age... the benefits while going through puberty are phenominal. Stay in the lower dosage ranges from those listed in the above post.
i have some "ProLab N-Large2" which contains 1.2g of L-arginine in it per serving, on top of it i got pills that give 500mg/pill...and i also have 5mg servings of L-Glutamine...think you can help me with dosage?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Old 06-22-2005, 08:08 PM   #596
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
From a medical stand point, I think at 17 you should stay off everything that is horomonal or has anything to do with your endocrine system.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 07-08-2005, 01:10 AM   #597
M-ATTACK
Vroom vroom

justin can you please tell me ur thought s on nitro t3?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:55 PM   #598
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-ATTACK
justin can you please tell me ur thought s on nitro t3?
Personally, I'm not too fond of it. They have a lot of good supplements in the bottle, but it's only 30 caps per bottle, and 6 per serving. You do the math. You're better off buying the ingredients separately and adjusting your dosages from there. Primarily the Tribulus Terrestris, and Eurycoma Longfolia Jack. It would be a much better buy.

Justin
Old 10-03-2005, 02:04 PM   #599
Justin e36
---

It's That Time of the Year Again, Folks!

Well, I've been out of the loop for a while and just been focusing on training others and helping others reach their goals. I have a few people that will be competing nationally next year. Also helped a few ladies get some very sexy figures. One 22 year old mother ended up being 215lb at 5'3" after her pregnancy, it's been around a year but she is down to a very healthy 113LB 5'3" and managed to keep the enhanced booty and breasts she developed from her pregnancy. Also, my closest friend is now training to represent Canada in the 2008 Olympics... so that will be taking a lot of my focus in the next while too. Right now we're working on his schedule and mental focus before all else.

The leaves are falling now, and we all know what that means.. it's time for US to bulk up for next summer as well! My personal goal this winter is to move up to around 235LB lean, six pack, and all that good stuff. I couldn't afford my gym membership for the last while, so I was only able to go at 3-5am... before sleeping. Understandably, I haven't managed to get good workouts. And half the time I'd be with some chick, or out late with someone---so I couldn't go to the gym anyway. Good news is, all the crazy chicks have been cut off... so I can focus on training again now. I am going for another physical and to get bloodwork done later this week. After that I will be developing a comprehensive plan for myself.

I know there are a lot of guys on this forum I've been talking to off-site, and who have had some great gains. Let's hear your stories from the past year to motivate the other members.

As always, we're here to answer each other's questions and to motivate one another. Let's get things moving...

Justin
Old 10-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #600
AndreNY
6th Gear Member

hey justin let me be the first guy to welcome back this thread. I must be honest, and say that i have done $hit in the past 7 months, i have gained a bit of weight 10lbs, that all went into the belly, lost alot of upper body mass, and feel tired most of the time. Yesterday i re-joined my gym, and im ready to go, the first 2 weeks will be hell but once im back to my old routine 5-6 days a week, i will be good. This year i plan to go hard, i want to really improve my body, and im sure i will have a lot of good examples from you, just like in the past. So once again thanks for bumping this up for us, and me, now let's go back to the gym and see some results

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: