Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #571
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNY
wow this thread is back from the dead, glad to see it still alive, even thou lately i have been slacking off
did you end up running that dbol only cycle?
Old 06-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #572
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
lol, yeah.. PM's were too much to handle.

I'm pretty sure I know what you want to talk about. Give me your e-mail addy and I'll contact you...

Justin
what...what are you talking about you mind read too?

1legend@sympatico.ca
Old 06-15-2005, 08:52 PM   #573
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Hey that's still not bad for you. It's a definate step in the right direction. 165LB and ripped on your frame? Honestly, give me 8 weeks with you in the gym and it'll be a reality. Piece of cake.
HOLY SHIZNAT LOL 8weeks?....are u serious man? We definately have to talk during the summer...i got exams next week and then i'm on summer vacation.

I think i'd breakdown in tears if i made it to 165lbs and ripped even by september

Bobby
Old 06-16-2005, 09:44 PM   #574
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor318is
what...what are you talking about you mind read too?

1legend@sympatico.ca
you know we're on the same page here. great minds.

e-mail sent.

J
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #575
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
HOLY SHIZNAT LOL 8weeks?....are u serious man? We definately have to talk during the summer...i got exams next week and then i'm on summer vacation.

I think i'd breakdown in tears if i made it to 165lbs and ripped even by september

Bobby
Bobby, trust me on this one. You've got the drive it takes, you just need some guidance to show you how to do things properly. Don't worry about being ripped... what use is being ripped in September? It'll be cold out by October. More importantly, you won't pack on much fat.. you have an extremely high metabolism, just keep your metabolism up and you'll still stay lean and bulk up nicely. Maintain till January, then you can cut and bring out a proper six pack... (an actual muscle six pack, not just abs showing because you're so damn skinny)

J
Old 06-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #576
driftfanatic
1st Gear Newbie

Hey, there's more that came to my mind about protein powder. I'm wondering how beneficial it is to use it while working out, and also if the price difference between whey isolate and whey concentrate is worth buying whey protein isolate? I've read that the differences in gain are minimal enough that for the money concentrate would be worth it. Also which protein powders would you reccomend? thanks.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #577
Castel
4th Gear Member

i'm not looking for a quick fix, i've lost 15lbs since the end of exams but i'll admit i need a hand. so here's what i'm thinking either caffine + Ephedrine or Nutrex - Lipo 6 120 Liquid-cap.. both can be found here http://got-protein.com/products.htm#weight_loss_supps

any feedback would be great.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #578
Justin e36
---

Protein Prior to Working Out? Which Whey Protein is Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftfanatic
Hey, there's more that came to my mind about protein powder. I'm wondering how beneficial it is to use it while working out, and also if the price difference between whey isolate and whey concentrate is worth buying whey protein isolate? I've read that the differences in gain are minimal enough that for the money concentrate would be worth it. Also which protein powders would you reccomend? thanks.
You should not take a protein supplement prior to working out. The proper nutritional schedule (for an athlete looking for a combination of strength training, and endurance) is a meal high in complex carbs around 3-4 hours prior to working out. The reason for this is to optimize glucose presence in your body during your workout. (energy). Simple sugars, and protein immediately prior to your workout often causes a rebound drop in glucose during exercise, this rebound can make you feel fatigued early in the workout, and can also lead to heartburn or nausea.

The two times where protein utilization is at a high are within 45-minutes post-workout, and prior to bed so you can have protein for muscle synthesis while you sleep.

Now, as for Protein Isolate vs Protein Concentrate, it looks like you have a fundamental understanding of the difference already. Whey Isolate is more pure, and has a higher bioavailability.. consequently, it costs more.

It's important to understand that with all supplements, there is a very high degree of marketing involved to help prove that one product is better than another, therefore worth more. (if it's worth more, but costs the same or less to produce, that equals a justified increase in profits!). You notice this a lot in creatine products, how many different types of creatines are on the shelves now? Protein isn't far behind in the mix. So research is essential unless you don't mind pouring money down the drain.

When whey protein is created, there is a mix between casean and protein isolate. When dried, this is called whey concentrate. (concentrated because all the water is removed during the drying process.) When the casean is removed, you have whey isolate. This means there is also whey isolate in whey concentrate.

Whey isolate generally has a BV of 90-98% depending on the brand, filtration process used, and quality of the facility used. Whey concentrate generally has a BV of around 70-89%. Again, depending on the brand and process used.

Is it worth the extra money for Whey Isolate? Honestly, gram for gram, and dollar for dollar, whey concentrate is a better buy. Just use a little more than 1 scoop per serving of the concentrate,and get something with a BV in the high 80's. You're still saving money, and getting the same volume of usable protein. Whey Isolate is more of a marketing and play with numbers than anything, not to say it's not a good product... it just doesn't live up to the hype.

You might want to also read a previous post regarding different proteins available: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...&postcount=474

J
Old 06-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #579
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

excellent writeup justin...i started out purchasing 100 dollar tubs of isolate whey and then i switched to concentrate which is 40 dollars cheaper...and i find the concentrate tastes better thant he isolate i was purchasing
Old 06-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #580
Justin e36
---

ECA or Lipo-6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castel
i'm not looking for a quick fix, i've lost 15lbs since the end of exams but i'll admit i need a hand. so here's what i'm thinking either caffine + Ephedrine or Nutrex - Lipo 6 120 Liquid-cap.. both can be found here http://got-protein.com/products.htm#weight_loss_supps

any feedback would be great.
I'm assuming your goal is to lose weight.

The ephedrine available on the website is only 8mg tablets and only 50 tabs per bottle. Stock up! Those bottles will only last you a few days. (there was a previous post regarding the most effective fat burning supplements, over here: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...839#post473839).

The caffine + ephedrine (stacked with daily dose Aspirin) is an extremely effective fat burner loved by many. However, now is NOT the time to be doing an ECA stack, it's hot outside as is... mix in a thermogenic and you're at a fairly high risk of suffering heat stroke. You will be extremely uncomfortable, and sweating a lot.

Lipo-6 is definately not worth the money anymore. The original version contained ephedra and caffeine, but since the ephedra ban, it has been removed from the formula.

To confuse matters more, the new product does not contain one, but TWO different formulas. One product contains Synephrine, caffeine, and Guggulsterones. This is basically an mild, alternate ECA stack. Synephrine is actually a decent fat burner, but since it is banned in many states within the U.S. they had to come out with a second Lipo-6 formula. This other formula is not worth the money. The typical mix of natural ingredients. (i.e. yohimbe, carnitine, etc.) which is found in most herbal fat burners.

My recommendation is to be smart and care for your health. Don't use the ECA stack during the summer, even though it is by far the most effective fat burning combination of those listed. If you aboslutely want a little boost during the hot summer months, then get the Lipo-6 (Synephrine forumula). Don't bother with the alternate formula Lipo-6.

Refer to the above link for details on running an ECA stack properly. Also other high-intensity fat burner options you may want to consider instead of Lipo-6.

J
Old 06-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #581
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

email sent justin
Old 06-18-2005, 10:52 PM   #582
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Justin,
I was reading your weight loss post, and while you hit some important points, there are other factors that you are missing out and some of those can be important as ppl will react very differently to the horomone supplements that you are telling ppl to take to lose weight. Any time you start taking T3 and T4 stimulants it will trace back further to ACTH, and can effect Cortisol levels. There is a really big picture here that would take a lot of explanation. So Im just gonna say for ppl to be extremely cautious when taking some of things described here because you can have very ill effect from it and can cause chronic problems if you take it for an extended time.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 06-19-2005, 12:29 AM   #583
driftfanatic
1st Gear Newbie

I see, alright, thanks alot for your replies Justin, they really helped

Edit: I was reading the post you linked me to, and in the recommendations sections, you said this about whey protein, "If you are health-conscious, this is not a good solution. The cheapest places to buy Optimum Nutrition protein (ON) is from www.sndcanada.com or www.bodybuilding.com"

Can you expand as to why this is not a good solution for health-conscious people? What is it about whey protein that makes it so, and if worst comes to worst the problems it can cause, or just common side effects and such if there are any?

Last edited by driftfanatic; 06-19-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:37 PM   #584
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

Hey Justin, I remember seeing one of your posts and you put up a picture of your routine including what you eat/supplements you take and at what time, and it looked like it was on some sort of comp program, was it something special or just Outlook Calender or something?!

I would look through this thread but it's 40 pages long.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #585
mkgino
6th Gear Member

UPDATE

Its been about 10 months since I have started working out and here is my progress. Tell me how im doin justin.

Aug 1, 2004 --> Beached Whale

Oct 30, 2004

Nov 26, 2004

Apr 16, 2005

Currently --> Dont hate me cause im beautiful

As of right now, Im not going to touch a weight until august 8th, when I get back to school. I will have more free time then. But when I do get back, I am going to go even more hardcore than what I have been doing up unitl now. I think I am ready to take it to the next level. Justin, what can I take that they sell from GNC that will take me to the next level? Up unitl now its been only protein and creatine that I have been taking. Also what specific GNC product can i take to get nice and ripped? I want something that will boost my metabolism that I can take for maybe a few months, to get rid of the pouch I still have. Thanks

Last edited by mkgino; 06-21-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: