Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #466
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alezone
Martha "Justin" Stewart

had to do it
hey, a man's gotta eat! (besides, you've gotta see this beautiful duvet I made out of cotton balls, old sweaters, and used napkins.)
Old 12-07-2004, 04:17 PM   #467
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
Thanks for all the info Justin. Another friend has been doing a cycle of the M1T and apparently is seeing some nice gains(I havent seen him in awhile).
If all goes well with them I might try a cycle.
-Cody
Old 12-07-2004, 06:26 PM   #468
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Justin u fawking rock....i can't wait to try those recipes out..especially that first recipe with the crushed pineapple

i started bulking but haven't hit the gym once yet....internet sidetracks me big time...so i'm gonna have to cut it off soon...anywho

happy bulking
Old 12-09-2004, 12:29 PM   #469
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Cody,

Andro Technologies M1T is actually quite reputable, some would consider somewhat expensive. If he wants M1T, it's not a bad brand to try out.

Yes he should take Tribulus. Nolvadex is also recommended as he can get gyncomastia off M1T. It's also known for causing a lot of water retention and bloating, nolvadex will help shed the water off. 5mg per day is more than enough. If he still retains too much water and would like to shed some, then bump it up to 10mg. Don't go up to 20mg as it will hinder his gains. No need to take 6-0X0 while on nolvadex.

Keep us updated on his progress. I'm sure Andre would be interested to hear especially since he is also on M1T.

J
One more question.... Well, maybe two.
I see they come in 10mg pills, meaning he should take one pill a day for 1 week, then 2 pills a day for 3 weeks, then back down to 1 pill a day for the last week. Is there a certain time of day that is best to take this?
Also, on days off from working out, should he still take the pill?
-Thanks once again!
Old 12-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #470
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmiN
One more question.... Well, maybe two.
I see they come in 10mg pills, meaning he should take one pill a day for 1 week, then 2 pills a day for 3 weeks, then back down to 1 pill a day for the last week. Is there a certain time of day that is best to take this?
Also, on days off from working out, should he still take the pill?
-Thanks once again!
Hey... you have to remember that M1T is a testosterone steroid as a pill. As such it has a very short half life. (approximately 5 hours). He should break his pills up into 5mg doses spread throughout the day. Morning, and before workout are most important. (approx. 30 mins before working out will allow the M1T time to be absorbed into the blood stream.)

Yes, he needs to maintain a constant blood level, so M1T should be taken at the same times throughout the day, even when he's not working out.

J
Old 12-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #471
Justin e36
---

Tribulus Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328power
Justin,

What is tribulas ??

My gains have been slowing down as of late..... Less sleep cause i work too much..... missed a couple days at the gym since i work to much !! .... dont eat as much either... Brutal... gotta quit for a couple months to go hardcore !
Sometimes things come up and take priority. (i.e job). Working, then going the gym, and not getting much sleep will do more harm to your body than good. (physical & mental stress). Get your sleep and worry about the gym when you've got time.

Tribulus is an extremely effective natural testosterone booster. It works by increasing luteninizing hormone (LH) in your body. LH stimulates natural testosterone production. Tribulus is a herbal plant and has no known side effects. It offers many sexual benefits such as increased sex drive, higher levles of free testosterone, improved libido in both men & women, prolongs erections, reduced catabolism, etc. For bodybuilding purposes, the increased natural testosterone in your body means you can lift more, harder, and longer. It's available from any health food store. It should be taken at around 650mg / day, and can be taken twice a day. For those who are taking M1T or any type of steroid, this is extremely beneficial as it helps keep your body creating natural testosterone instead of being shut down from the injections.

Last edited by Justin e36; 12-10-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #472
Understated

8LBS IN A WEEK!?...ur a friggin machine man...i just had my first bulking workout yesterday afternoon....had SERIOUS trouble sleeping because had a lot of stress for today(two tests...knew i was gonna fail or barely pass the calc one anyway), so i woke up this morning with my skintone olivy and circles around my eyes

i need to start eating like a monster...this will probably be one of my last posts on maxbimmer for a while...as the internet is really eating up my time...whereas I should be the one doing the eating

anywho just a heads up to the others bulking....organize your time wisely!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:41 PM   #473
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Justin,
How are ya buddy. Im to damn lazy to read through this entire thread as Im sure my Q has been answered. I hope you are not going to hate me for asking you a question that has most likely be asked a 100 times. Im 6'2, and currently 257. Before I f$cked up my shoulder I was down to a 220 with some nice mass. Im still strong, but I have to be careful with my shoulder still. I want to get down to about 210 again. I know I have to run, and do weights and all that, but what supplements should I take for losing the weight fast and what foods to eat? I dont want any supplements that are to harsh, what can I get say at GNC that would work really well. Thanks for your help buddy and sorry the repeated Q?

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 12-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #474
Justin e36
---

Which Protein Supplement is Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
What protein do you guys take? And how often?

I usually make a shake every morning regardless if i am working out or not and then i always have one right after work out (4-5 times a week).

Anything else i should be taking? Weight gainer maybe? If so what kind, how often and where to buy it from?

As far as creatine goes...is it a safe practice to be on it for a month and off of it for 3 and then repeat the cycle?

I am trying to bulk up...i have a very fast metabolism and i cannot gain weight. I am ~6.0 and and used to be 160lbs, i am now 172lbs (started working out in september). Was on creatine for a month, and the rest of the time i took my protein shakes. My goal is 180 lbs by summer.

I've noticed great results except in my chest...
Most of your questions have been covered in this bodybuilding thread already. Do a search within this thread for more information. In brief, your protein should be consistent... however, post-workout and before bed are most important. Yes, if you're looking to put on mass definately invest in a weight gainer. nLarge-2 is well loved by many. As for creatine, this is also extensively covered in this thread.. including examples of how to cycle it properly. (1 month on, 3 months off is not a proper creatine cycle!). If you have difficulty locating any of the information you require, let me know and I'll dig it up for you. As for what protein to take, I will have to expand on this.

This is a very interesting question with many rumours surrounding it. Hopefully I can help squash some of these rumours so you can make your choice more wisely. Keep in mind, your body needs more than just protein.. so it's best to get protein from natural foods such as chicken or tuna so your body can utilize the other nutrients available. (opposed to 100% Protein Isolate which you'd buy in a powder).

Types of Protein

When it comes to protein supplements there are 3 main choices:

1) Whey Protein (Isolate)

2) Soy Protein (Isolate)

3) Egg White Protein (Liquid/Pasturized)

How is Protein Quality Measured?

There are many scales used to measure protein quality. The most common is BV (biological value). This score determines how much of the protein is absorbed. Egg whites are the benchmark used with a BV of 100. (all protein can be utilized by the body). Whereas foods such as green beans have a BV of only 49. Other scales used are protein efficiency ratio (PER), Net Protein Utilization (NPU), chemical score, and protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS).

It is important to understand that it is impossible to have a BV of over 100, making egg whites the preferred protein source. For marketing reasons, companies will often claim a score of over 100... they are actually not talking about BV, but usually showing a number based on one of the other scales to confuse consumers. (usually confusing NPU with BV)

BV is by far the most accurate measure of the quality of a protein. Bottom line is, the more that can be utilized by your body, the better it is.

Whey Protein (Isolate)

This is what everyone seems to jump on as the protein of choice. Marketing techniques are often confused in the mix to make this product sound better than it really is. Terms like "micro-filtered", or "ionized" are printed on the bottle to make this supplement sound a lot greater than it really is. The first thing to understand is where whey comes from. You remember the nursery rhyme, "little miss muffet, sat on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey?". Well this is the same stuff she was eating. Curds and Whey are part of the process from making cheese. After the milk curdles, the mix is separated. The left over "liquid" is dried, powdered, and put in pretty tubs, ta-da.. you have whey protein. Not so impressive when you realize that whey protein is actually milk protein now is it. There are actually two protein types that you get in regular whey powder--casean, and whey proteins. Whey protein isolate just means they've ditched the casean, and the powder is pure whey.

The benefit of whey protein is in fact not in it's bioavailability.. but in it's mix of amino acids to promote a positive hormonal balance and muscle growth. You'll often find this when you look at the side of a tub of whey protein... notice all those extra ingredients they've added in there? Well there ya go, now you know what they are. Flavourings, colorings, amino acids, preservatives, etc. to make the product better than just protein.

Why is whey protein so popular? It comes down to good marketing. Whey protein is inexpensive to make (compared to Soy or Egg White protein.) So this is pushed as the primary product for higher profits.

Soy Protein

Soy Protein is one of the oldest protein supplements. It has been used in Asia for centuries as a nutritional source, and medicine... however it has not been used in the U.S. until the early 1900's. Soy protein has the lowest BV of around 91 of the three proteins, although this is still very good. As a vegetable protein, it is the most complete---making it ideal for those who are vegetarians. Soy Protein has benefits that go further than 'just protein'. It contains all the amino acids required by us for growth, maintenance, and to deal with physical stress. The real downfall of soy protein is that it does not mix well in milk, or for used in cooking, (i.e. muffins or pancakes). It also falls short in the taste department, as it is very 'chalky'. You can get soy proteins in many other foods, such as Tofu, Soy Milk, Miso, and Soy Flour. (better used for cooking).

Liquid Egg-White Proteins

This is the most interesting protein of the three, and probably the most overlooked as a protein supplement. Complete egg's have some downfalls, the yolk is filled with cholestorol, fats, and calories. However, the egg-white is the purest form of protein available. A single egg-white contains less than 1 cabohydrate, no fat, no cholesterol, and loads of protein. It has a natural BV of 100, meaning no amino acids are wasted. And the best part about egg-whites is that they have no taste. If you get pasteurized egg-whites, then you do not have to worry about any bacteria (i.e. salmonella), and can drink it straight. (liquid eggs, NOT raw eggs). You can mix it with fruit juice.. make any number of foods (omelettes, muffins, cakes, breads, pancakes, milkshakes, etc.)

Ok, now I know what you're thinking. Eggs.. and fruit juice? That's disgusting! Think again. Pasteurized egg-whites are not slimey, no odor, no taste. Even if you add it to fruit juice--- you won't even taste it, or notice a difference in texture. Make some chocolate milk and add some liquid egg whites. You'll have a high-protein drink, and it tastes no different than an ordinary glass of chocolate milk.

Your body has difficulty digesting raw egg whites due to avidin. You must cook the eggs first (or get pasturized eggs) to neutralize the avidin so your body can safely digest the protein and amino acids.

Separated egg-whites are also far more expensive to produce compared to whey or soy proteins. (the eggs have to be cracked, separated, then pasturized).

Now I know you're thinking, "that's all fine and dandy, but I'm not going to waste my money and time cracking open these eggs, separating the yolk, just to throw it out!". This is where the companies come in. If you go to your local grocer, you can find "Nature Eggs" which come in convenient little milk-carton style contained of pre-separated egg-whites. In all honesty, this is much better than any powdered protein supplement you can buy. These companies can afford to sell the egg-whites inexpensively since no part of the egg goes to waste. (the yolks are sold to other companies to make mayonainse, angel cakes, etc. and the shells are sold to pet food companies to be used as a calcium supplement in dog and cat foods.)

Even better, buy a half gallon of egg-whites very inexpensively. You can always freeze what you don't need right away and the protein will not be destroyed and can be used whenever ready.

Recommendation

If you are gung-ho about buying a Whey Protein Isolate, then go with Optimum Nutrition. It has the most bioavailable whey protein on the market, with a whole load of vitamins and amino acids for increased protein absorbtion---and is cost effective. Since it is flavoured it is best used if you're looking for a milkshake, but not very effective in foods. Also keep in mind that this has been processed to hell and back. If you are health-conscious, this is not a good solution. The cheapest places to buy Optimum Nutrition protein (ON) is from www.sndcanada.com or www.bodybuilding.com

If you are vegetarian and looking for a protein which does not come from an animal, then go with Soy Protein. It doesn't work well for cooking, so you might want to look into getting Tofu, or Soy Milk instead. This is also effective for the health conscious individual trying to stay away from processed foods.

If you are bodybuilding and looking to put on some serious muscle, and looking for the most versatile protein supplement available. Go with pasturized liquid egg-whites. Tasteless, odourless, non-slimey, can be added to pretty much anything, and is the purest form of protein with a BV of 100. This has not been processed or modified in any way. It's just been pasturized to kill any bacteria. The best place to buy this is from Egg-White International. http://www.eggwhitesint.com

Last edited by Justin e36; 12-14-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #475
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
8LBS IN A WEEK!?...ur a friggin machine man...i just had my first bulking workout yesterday afternoon....had SERIOUS trouble sleeping because had a lot of stress for today(two tests...knew i was gonna fail or barely pass the calc one anyway), so i woke up this morning with my skintone olivy and circles around my eyes

i need to start eating like a monster...this will probably be one of my last posts on maxbimmer for a while...as the internet is really eating up my time...whereas I should be the one doing the eating

anywho just a heads up to the others bulking....organize your time wisely!
Haha.. I see you saw my MSN name. Yep, 8LB solid pounds in a week. I'll post a progress update in a bit. It's not that impressive when you lok into it.. I'm only 215LB. (back to where I was a few months ago). I put on the pounds quickly since I was just rebounding. My first few days I slacked off a bit... right when I cut out all the girls in my life, one kinda slipped by. But she's been good and motivating me / pushing me to eat. She's busy doing her thing, I'm busy doing my thing... so it works out--we don't hold each other back.

Christmas is coming up.. EAT, EAT, EAT! Get all that darn turkey and steal it for yourself!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #476
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
Justin,
How are ya buddy. Im to damn lazy to read through this entire thread as Im sure my Q has been answered. I hope you are not going to hate me for asking you a question that has most likely be asked a 100 times. Im 6'2, and currently 257. Before I f$cked up my shoulder I was down to a 220 with some nice mass. Im still strong, but I have to be careful with my shoulder still. I want to get down to about 210 again. I know I have to run, and do weights and all that, but what supplements should I take for losing the weight fast and what foods to eat? I dont want any supplements that are to harsh, what can I get say at GNC that would work really well. Thanks for your help buddy and sorry the repeated Q?
Hey... yes, you're right this has been asked many times. I know the thread is getting pretty big... too big to read through. But you can use the "Search Thread" option to find what you're looking for.

In either case, the best things to use for losing weight are Ephedrine, Clenbuterol, and T4. I did a write-up explaining what all these are and how to use them safety & properly... however, they are harsh. Though not much harsher than what you'd find at GNC. This is for if you want to lose the weight fast.

If you don't mind taking a little longer to lose the weight, then you'll have to focus on diet. Get a mild thermogenic.. (i.e. Cutz from GNC), and something that'll elevate your heart rate a bit.. (i.e. caffeine pills). Just note the side effects of caffeine on your body as well, and don't do too much. The four things I can't emphasize enough are.

1) count your calories. (don't over eat!)
2) eat many very small meals throughout the day. (never starve yourself!)
3) sleep on an empty stomach. (or near-empty)
4) light/mild cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. (drink water)

If you'd like a more detailed response, just ask...

J
Old 12-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #477
Justin e36
---

Weekly Progress: Week 1

I weighed myself in on Sunday and it looks like I made some solid gains last week. (my first week of bulking). I packed on 8.2LB in 7 days. My bodyfat went up exactly 1%, and my bodywater went down exactly 1%. Some of this weight can be attributed to the creatine, however I've been also taking a dieuretic to keep the water-weight off (hence why my bodywater has not increased.)

My goal this week is to maintain the weight I put on last week. Maybe go up a few pounds.. but not too much. I don't want to gain all the weight rapidly only to plateau and lose it again. I didn't go to the gym on Monday or Tuesday in hopes of establishing the weight I already put on. If I can stay at 8.2LB+ this week, I'll be happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Week1.jpg (120.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 12-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #478
Justin e36
---

Cutting Cycle

Requested from a member on the forum. A lean muscle mass (cutting cycle) utilize test and tren. For cutting, Testosterone Propinate (prop) will give the best gains as you will retain very little water, however you must inject every other day due to the short halflife of the propinate esther. Trenbolone Acetate will also need to be injected EOD. Either along with the Prop, or rotated back and forth every day. Tren should never be ran more than 6 weeks... the side effects can be too great. After 6 weeks, the change is made to Winstrol tablets. (oral). This can also be purchased as liquid injectable... but oral is almost as good, and a lost less hassle. This is a very simple, though well designed cycle which will give quality gains.

The attached cycle, if you eat clean and work out hard you can pack on a solid 10LB of muscle... however, the primary benefit of this cycle is not in the amount of muscle produced, but instead in the quality of muscle. No big round watery looking muscles.. but instead, well defined chiseled lines, and you can expect to lose a solid 6-7% BF on this cycle... burn off that fat and let your definition show through.

This cycle calls for exactly:
3 bottles of Test Prop (at 100mg/ml - 10ml)
1 bottle of Trenbolone Enanthate (at 75mg/ml - 20ml)
42 Winstrol tablets (50mg each)
3 blisters of Clomid for post-cycle therapy (PCT)

Depending on budget, it's not a bad idea to buy another bottle of Propinate and increase dosages to 200mg EOD for weeks 6-8.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutting_cycle2.jpg (41.2 KB, 107 views)
Old 12-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #479
Understated

Sup guys, as you guys know it's the winter holidays for all highschool students. I've got 2 weeks to eat to my full potential, sleep to my full potential and workout to my full potential

I'm going on a 2week 'superbulk' (to jumpstart my bulking cycle) on which i plan to gain the 10lbs.....5-7of which i lost during the summer...i don't mind the fat since it's winter and i'm already a frail s.o.b.

i'm not as computer savvy as justin here....so the only updates that will be posted will be beginning stats..that i will look into this weekend....and ending stats that will be posted march/april ish

...this is where the george foreman gets whipped out
Old 12-20-2004, 11:12 AM   #480
Justin e36
---

Weekly Progress: Week 2

My second week was a huge success... I've balanced myself out properly now. My weight went up 2.6LB .. which is awesome since my target is 2LB per week. However, the great part is... my body fat did not go up.. (only 0.1% .. which I consider, nothing---means the same % of BF I started out with, I'm adding on.. in the same percentage.).. and my body water % still went down another 1.3% percent. What this means is, the weight that I'm gaining is NOT water weight/bloat from the creatine + supplements I'm taking. The dieuretic I'm taking is almost properly balanced... just need to down the dosage a little bit this week and it should shed off the same amount of water that I would usually retain.

Week 2 of 12.. I have offically gained 10.8LB. I am averaging 5.4LB per week. I am 13.2LB from my goal. With Christmas and all the food coming up, I think I will be able to continue making solid gains.

Here's the offical progress report:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weekly-progress - end of week 2.jpg (120.8 KB, 88 views)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: