Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #346
burtonownz
2nd Gear Member

Since I just found this post, I figured I might as well post my history, stats, etc.

I'm only 20 now but I've been working out seriously for the past three years; three days a week for about an average of 2.5 hours. I've focused on squatting, deadlifting, benchpressing, and Olympic clean and jerk as my main power lifts. I don't keep a count of my calories but just take it day by day. I'm sure I could lose some extra weight but I'm fairly satisfied with my lifestyle and my look so I don't think it's necessary.

I weigh about 195 right now and I"m between 5'11" and 6'. I'm at school right now so I don't work out like I do at home but my weight will usually hover around 185 to 190 when I start working out seriously. I've been to a total of three competitions in Detroit and Lansing (push-pull and squat, bench, deadlift).

At competition, my best weights have been:
Squat: 315
Deadlift: 325
Bench: 215

I haven't competed in about a year but my best weights now are:
Squat: 380
Deadlift: 355
Bench: 230
Clean and jerk: 180

My current goal is to be able to go to a competition and record 1000 lbs. of weight: 405 squat, 405 deadlift, 275 bench

I think that's about it for now and I'm glad that some people are interested in weight-lifting too.

Charlie
Old 10-26-2004, 05:26 PM   #347
MCK
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i can't belive how many people are into training these days........its good
Old 10-26-2004, 05:28 PM   #348
MCK
2nd Gear Member

actually some questions.

Do people train to get bigger?
To look better?
or for health reasons?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:31 PM   #349
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmiN
I made one of these this morning. Pretty tasty
word, with all the randomness i've cooked in the past year i should have my own cookbook

i've made protein cake, protein filled brownies(not so awesome), and protein pudding

all the other 'hybird' protein meals were just digusting!

i remember at one time i tried putting tuna into a milkshake ....never again

Jello G: oh ok, thnx for the info and yeah it wasn't that serious it happened the day after my workout and my biceps were really messed up but now their back to normal ...btw you have a SWEET Mazda mx6...mazda speed front right? awesome...how come ur LS doesn't have a spoiler tho(i thought that came stock )

Justin: sounds awesome, lemme know the price via pm or if u don't have time just leave a msg on my voicemail...i'll leave u my cell # on msn.

and yeah i'd have to agree about the comments...to be honest it's comments like that, that got me interested in bodybuilding...and kept me at it

i didn't start getting compliments till i started posting pix on msn ...(because i'm a skinny bastard u can't see my abs/chest with clothes on )

MCK: i started working out because i needing something as an outlet for when i was stressed out...then i'd find more and more things to further motivate me towards working out....now i'm at the point where i workout to feel awesome about myself, as well as reap the health benefits!..hehehh...but i still feed off negative feedback from ppl(we all know the type) ....keeps me working hard
Old 10-26-2004, 05:39 PM   #350
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK
actually some questions.

Do people train to get bigger?
To look better?
or for health reasons?
yes, yes, and yes.

I advocate positive hobbies.

Last edited by Justin e36; 10-26-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #351
MCK
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i know what you mean by negative feedback ...... are these people jelous?
I started to train for somthing to get me away from the house, i started three years ago. now i want to compete in a physique competition, in the next year or two.
I train 5 days a week at the moment.....but yeah if i don't train i feel like im missing somthing.....its pretty adictive.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:49 PM   #352
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonownz
Since I just found this post, I figured I might as well post my history, stats, etc.

I'm only 20 now but I've been working out seriously for the past three years; three days a week for about an average of 2.5 hours. I've focused on squatting, deadlifting, benchpressing, and Olympic clean and jerk as my main power lifts. I don't keep a count of my calories but just take it day by day. I'm sure I could lose some extra weight but I'm fairly satisfied with my lifestyle and my look so I don't think it's necessary.

I weigh about 195 right now and I"m between 5'11" and 6'. I'm at school right now so I don't work out like I do at home but my weight will usually hover around 185 to 190 when I start working out seriously. I've been to a total of three competitions in Detroit and Lansing (push-pull and squat, bench, deadlift).

At competition, my best weights have been:
Squat: 315
Deadlift: 325
Bench: 215

I haven't competed in about a year but my best weights now are:
Squat: 380
Deadlift: 355
Bench: 230
Clean and jerk: 180

My current goal is to be able to go to a competition and record 1000 lbs. of weight: 405 squat, 405 deadlift, 275 bench

I think that's about it for now and I'm glad that some people are interested in weight-lifting too.

Charlie
Not bad... BigD is the resident competition guru. Junior Weightlifting champion at age 19. I think he set that at 635LB or so... over 6 plates anyway. I have the video of it at home... pretty darn insane I must admit. Those are some good numbers for you age though. Also a good weight for your height... keep us posted on your progress...
Old 10-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #353
Understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK
depends on the comment...but i find most GUYS i talk to whoa re insecure about themselves get jealous when they see you aren't.....also when a chick gives positive feedback their quick to counter it....but whatever ppl will always be there to dish out comments....it's how you utlize this that sets you apart from everyone else
Old 10-26-2004, 06:41 PM   #354
Justin e36
---

Opinion: Bigger is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK
I started to train for somthing to get me away from the house, i started three years ago. now i want to compete in a physique competition, in the next year or two.
I train 5 days a week at the moment.....but yeah if i don't train i feel like im missing somthing.....its pretty adictive.
Most guys are not jealous of another guys physique I find... not to the point where they'd put the guy down at least. The only real times I hear this is when a true freak walks into the gym and the skinner guys whisper amongst themselves "juice monkey". Most guys will compliment another guy if he notices he's gaining some size, just in a non-faggety way... "damn bro, you're looking diesel".. usually followed by a playful punch to the arm or chest.

I find girls will often put a guy down when she feels he is unattainable.... or "above her standards". That's when you hear things like, "oh I don't like too much muscle... I like some fat to cuddle with too.".. or, "I don't like guys too big.. I like lean.. like those cK model guys". The interesting part about this (And I've proven this many, many, many times). Is once they get a chance with one of these "bigger" guys... they don't stop talking about how much they love it, the compliments, always asking you to flex, always feeling you up, showing off to friends... "I want a picture of you with your shirt off for me to carry around.", they find it very sexual at that point.. always asking to be picked up / pinned against the wall, or held down during.. certain moments---not just some girls, but all of them turn into freaks soon enough.

Remember, this is coming from a former ectomorph at 6'2" - 158LB... where you still meet many girls easily enough. I've always had a girlfriend---always been friendly, etc. So I'm comparing both sides of the track here.

I've kept interest on how people treat me differently at 180LB... 200LB and up to 240LB. I found at my largest... 240LB I got incredible attention... a HUGE ego boost which can very easily go to your head.. (I did stay grounded.)... it's around 230LB-240LB that I started getting hit on very often by 35 - 45 year old MILF's. And they are VERY up front compared to the younger girls... no BS. They don't care if you have a girlfriend, and don't want to know. They tell you straight up what they want.

I've also found I was getting the extremely sexy model slutty bitchy girls flirting with me non-stop. Also fairly straight forward. I also (oddly) fond a lot of 16-19 yr olds checking me out like crazy. Not sure why younger girls would like this---but they do.

Usually these girls would give a shallow compliment on my arms, my chest, etc... but then quickly say something negative (as not to let it go to my head, I assume.).. things like, "I love guys with muscular arms... but are you smart too..." (happened at Ryerson University) or, I had one stranger/girl come up to me and feel my chest... "I think your chest is bigger than mine... but I've got a nicer ass."---to which I snapped back with, "You had to feel my chest to determine that, I would have to feel your ass to determine the same." .. needless to say, eventually--I did.. and yes, she won.

Also of course.. bigger girls.. (not fatter/chubbier... but fit / toned / thicker girls...) have gained a keen interest in me. I'm 6'2"... and have rarely attracted sexy girls above 5'7" when I was around 160LB. At 240LB---they come to me. (possibly makes them feel feminine and protected being with a bigger guy--due to their height?).

However---the average / not so attractive girls tended to just look past me... they felt below me apparently (I've been told this many times later when I'd ask, "so what did you think about me when we met?"... "I thought I wouldn't be your type of girl."... "why's that?", "you look like you'd rather have a slut." The thing is, these girls usually make for better girlfriends. So it depends on the type of a girl you want to attract. Also the more intellectual younger girls.. (university girls) tend to think you're full of yourself, or a "dumb jock". I soon realized that impression goes away when I dress for work in a suit + tie... or anything professional. (not trendy).

In short.. it's a whole new world. Promotions at work, people stepping aside for me to walk... if I bump into someone... THEY apologize..(Christmas shopping became fun!), they give me more food when I go to a restaurant / even fast food like Manchu Wok. I get more respect from elderly people, even salesmen at stores.

There are downsides though---like I spend a lot more on food now. I'm always hungry. Clothes are more difficult to find. Not all chairs are comfortable... especially toilets which I now realize are designed for midgets. Doing mechanic work or working on the house is more difficult---can't get into those small nooks and crannies anymore. I am a lot hotter / warmer now... even in the winter, I rarely (if ever) shiver.

And at my extreme of 240LB: I felt slower... could no longer sit on a TTC subway without squishing others... difficult to find clothes in my size. And let's face it.. if you get TOO big for your frame, you begin to look stocky... or just unhealthy. My goal is to be stable at around 230LB lean... the best of all worlds.

... from all the guys I know who have done some extreme bulking, reports and opinions have been pretty much the same.

Last edited by Justin e36; 10-26-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #355
Understated

ahhaahaha....thats probably my fav writeup of yours so far justin ....beautifully spoken....and yeah the whole ppl apolgizing for running into you, moving away when ur walking....thats the best feeling in the world ....i remember going to pickup my cell phone from the booth in woodbine last year and i was in full suit attire(was going to a banquet hall party right after) and i swear ppl were just tottally making room for me like i was god or something ...it felt awesome walking up to the booth like i owned hte place ....so yeah the way you present yourself has a profound effect on ppl's outlook towards you....if you look/walk/talk like a bum ppl are gonna see you for one..if you look/walk/talk confident and intelligent, then thats what their gonna see.

also, i'm getting giddy here just thinking of the kinda results i'll get after this season of bulking (lmao i can't believe i used giddy in a sentence )

Bobby
Old 10-26-2004, 07:01 PM   #356
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK
Yeah i can't belive how many people are into training these days........its good
I know loads of people into training... I just wasn't expecting to see so many people on a car enthusiast forum.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:13 PM   #357
MCK
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Opinion: Bigger is Better

I find girls will often put a guy down when she feels he is unattainable.... or "above her standards". That's when you hear things like, "oh I don't like too much muscle... I like some fat to cuddle with too.".. or, "I don't like guys too big.. I like lean.. like those cK model guys". The interesting part about this (And I've proven this many, many, many times). Is once they get a chance with one of these "bigger" guys... they don't stop talking about how much they love it, the compliments, always asking you to flex, always feeling you up, showing off to friends... "I want a picture of you with your shirt off for me to carry around.", they find it very sexual at that point.. always asking to be picked up / pinned against the wall, or held down during.. certain moments---not just some girls, but all of them turn into freaks soon enough.
Yeah that is so true. I can't belive there are other ppl that think the same.....
Girls always say stuff like....i don't want to be sleeping with a brick....or i don't want a guy to spend a lot of time in the gym...
but i think if its natural it looks good..its when they start taking roids and stuff thats when it gets ugly...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #358
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCK
Yeah that is so true. I can't belive there are other ppl that think the same.....
Girls always say stuff like....i don't want to be sleeping with a brick....or i don't want a guy to spend a lot of time in the gym...
but i think if its natural it looks good..its when they start taking roids and stuff thats when it gets ugly...
I'm living proof that they love the brick. I find girls say they don't like a guy who spends a lot of time in the gym when they don't go to the gym themselves. It's a jealousy issue. Think about it---what kind of guy would tell a girl, "I don't like you spending so much time at school." ... except if he was too lazy to go to school himself. Gym, or school---they're positive influences in one's life.

Roids will keep you looking natural. Too much roids won't. Remember, steroids aren't a miracle drug which creates muscle. It simply creates optimal conditions in your body for muscle development... but you still have to bust your ass in the gym and make that muscle develop. Starts to look unnatural when guys go overboard with it and certain muscle groups get neglected---then it looks out of proportion.. and just... weird looking.

Last edited by Justin e36; 10-26-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 PM   #359
burtonownz
2nd Gear Member

I started working out originally to be stronger. I didn't care if I looked like a guy at 6% body fat or anything. I simply wanted the strength to be able to make my life easier and, if need calls for it, get myself out of a situation that could be life-threatening.

Also, I'm very happy to see so many people discussing weight-lifting in a car forum too.

Another subject:
I don't want to start any huge discussion but I read ephedrine being discussed earlier (page 1 or 2) as good means to lose weight and I can't disagree more. Well, it WOULD help you lose weight but severly damage your heart and arteries if you prolonged use of it. Besides, I believe it's known to be addicting.

Charlie
Old 10-26-2004, 08:46 PM   #360
jello_g
4th Gear Member

Superman87, I removed the stock spoiler from my trunk lid on the MX-6. However, I have an original Mazda aftermarket lip spoiler waiting to go on. I also have an extra trunk lid and thinking of putting on the Mazdaspeed wing (making me the first and only 6'er with that part in this part of the world as far as I know if I go ahead with it); reasons I'm hesitating are cost (nearly a G note Cdn.) and the car is FWD (doesn't make sense to have a huge back wing).

burtonownz, with proper training you can boost your bench tremendously. I say this because I currently bench 220 lbs. for 3sx6r full range of motion on a program designed for maximizing hypotrophy. Not a big deal until you realize I'm only 5'6" and weigh in at 145 lbs. Personally I can do better - I was benching 230-240 lbs. for the same reps. last year before my back crapped out and forced me out of the gym for 4 months.

On the topic of powerlifting, did anybody go to SWIS-EXPO this past weekend? Bill Kazmaier, lifting legend (that's a pict of him deading 887 lbs below) was a guest speaker (great guy BTW). They also had a strongman demo where these guys were doing stunts such as static holding the end of a car for up to a minute, hoisting 275 lb+ McGlashen stones to their shoulders, and walking around with a 700 lb sled sitting on their shoulders. Bunch of animals these guys!

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: