Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-13-2019, 01:42 AM   #1
newbimmer
1st Gear Newbie

Extended warranty for 2016 535i

Hi,

I am purchasing a 2016 535i xDrive from a bmw dealer. It seems to be in good condition, has done 59000 kms and has warranty till Dec 2019.

Should I purchase the bmw comprehensive extended warranty for another 2 years? Will cost me about $3500 + taxes.

Thanks.
newbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
dbworld4k

If you can negotiate it down to $3000 or less, I would definitely do it. Assuming it actually has good coverage (what are the exclusions?).

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:16 AM   #3
gnome
on the roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
If you can negotiate it down to $3000 or less, I would definitely do it. Assuming it actually has good coverage (what are the exclusions?).
Ensure it is CPO (certified pre-owned) as part of that warranty package.
Negotiate for free winter mats, full set, if the car does not come with them.
Do not accept car on delivery date unless you are completely satisfied. Test everything, open every trap door, look for missing tools in the tool box. Been through this before, I walk away unless the car is perfect - I even got my CPO car bumper repainted, doors polished + with first aid kit + tools + extras because I was not happy at delivery date.
You may want the tire+rim protection package if they offer it - it can save $1000's if a rim gets bent or tire blown.
Check for silly things like.... will the car have a full tank of gas when you pick it up? Sounds silly but I was ripped off $80 once picking up a car with an empty tank because the contract didn't say so.
Check the date of the maps if you have nav, the 2019 maps just came out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: