Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #16
Smitty
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
Internet forum censorship is a slippery slope gentlemen.....
QFT. Doubly distressing when practiced opaquely.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

well at least this explains what happened

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
Wow, didn't expect that coming from you Rudy, but ok...
Really? You know how I've been treated with in the past... regardless of who I associate with, whether it be maX, Trillium, or even a maX sponsor, I am still entitled to my personal opinion, and I feel a need to voice it. Please PM if you would like to discuss it more in private. Thanks Bruce.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #19
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
Glad to see the thread has been re-instated, but I have one more comment to add.
I started that thread about a local show of BMWs. Several other members took the time to post pictures and comments. It should not be deleted at the request of another member, or anyone, even if that person was the organizer of said event, or at the whim of the moderators. What's next, posters with yellow cars no longer allowed to post? Internet forum censorship is a slippery slope gentlemen.....
You're absoultely right! This is why i brought the thread back. It's a legit thread that deserves to be here, no question about it.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #20
Ted in T.O.
3rd Gear Member

Okay here goes nothing. I first would like to apologize for asking a moderator to delete the two threads that were started. I have read this thread from start to finish and realized I made a mistake by asking them to be removed. Please do not criticize anyone that has come to my defense either. I have personal reason's why I did this and will not discuss. Tedfest is a Classic,Vintage or whatever you want to call it BMW Car show and to decide what BMW is allowed in or not is a logistical nightmare. That's why there is Bimmercruise. Two completely different events but with the same passion for the BMW Marquee. In closing I would like to apologize to every one on the Maxbimmer board for having the two threads deleted at my request. I will post a link to a thread at Mye28.com for pics at a later date. Flame suit is on.

Yours Truly Ted Kalman

PS Tony Havana and Smitty. Incoming PM's very soon.
Ted in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #21
luve30
2nd Gear Member

Okay, I get it now. I like the suggestions on classics park here and the rest over there.

Last edited by luve30; 07-04-2011 at 12:02 PM.
luve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in T.O. View Post
Okay here goes nothing. I first would like to apologize for asking a moderator to delete the two threads that were started. I have read this thread from start to finish and realized I made a mistake by asking them to be removed. Please do not criticize anyone that has come to my defense either. I have personal reason's why I did this and will not discuss. Tedfest is a Classic,Vintage or whatever you want to call it BMW Car show and to decide what BMW is allowed in or not is a logistical nightmare. That's why there is Bimmercruise. Two completely different events but with the same passion for the BMW Marquee. In closing I would like to apologize to every one on the Maxbimmer board for having the two threads deleted at my request. I will post a link to a thread at Mye28.com for pics at a later date. Flame suit is on.

Yours Truly Ted Kalman

PS Tony Havana and Smitty. Incoming PM's very soon.
Why not just explicitly mention that the event is for classic BMWs and/or it's an invite only event. Mentioning this would've helped everybody.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #23
MarkD
Banned

I saw an X1 and e46 Touring, those are classics!

Ted, the show was great but I think you will have to make it a bit clearer what cars you want to have there. And then cars that don't fit the theme should have to park in the parking lot, and not use up valuable space that should be for the vintage and classic cars.

Here is a bit of text from the Tedfest website: http://www.tedfest.net/?page_id=6

TedFest is a Canadian celebration of everything BMW

Maybe it's time to make it 102% clear what the above statement means.

Last edited by MarkD; 07-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #24
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Tedfest is a Classic,Vintage or whatever you want to call it BMW Car show and to decide what BMW is allowed in or not is a logistical nightmare.
Classic's park here, everything else in the parking lot, what's so hard about it?

But if you start discriminating on who you want to come to the show/event, then I guess it would be a logistical nightmare explaining why they aren't welcomed at 'TedFest', you might as well make it invite only if it isn't already. Is that why you don't want it promoted on Max?

Quote:
I will post a link to a thread at Mye28.com for pics at a later date.
http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=86865

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 07-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #25
njansenv
3rd Gear Member

We were in the touring - we planned on parking in the lot but were (graciously) invited to park with zee other autos. We had a GREAT (first) time, and are looking forward to next year.

Gone: '99 M3 vert, '98 M3 sedan, '91 E30, '89 E30, '87 E30, '91 Euro M5, '93 6-speed Corvette, STI v8 swapped '98 Impreza, '73 2002, 2004 325iT
njansenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #26
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njansenv View Post
We were in the touring - we planned on parking in the lot but were (graciously) invited to park with zee other autos. We had a GREAT (first) time, and are looking forward to next year.
Same here...I parked in the parking lot but was asked to park on the grass with the other cars by what I assumed was one of the volunteers/organizers.

Anyway, it was my first time there and I thought it was an awesome day.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: