Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #46
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Ummm are you feeling ok? There's NCAP written all over the site that YOU linked, not to mention that I never said Euro NCAP anywhere in my previous post. There IS such a think as NA NCAP if you haven't figured that out yet.

regardless of what you "think" the E9x series according to the NA NCAP from safecar.gov gives them 5 stars in the side impact rating. It doesn't get higher then that. You coming here and spewing miss information is just funny. Next time do some research instead of the know-it-all attitude just because you own a certain car.

Oh and also, the new car IS better.... you might not think so, but don't interpret that for fact. The new cars have better chassis, and over all an entire generation more of technology in them.
do you own a new E9x series or something? you seem to be putting in a huge effort to prove MY OWN OPPINION wrong, lol
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #47
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

you guys are both donkeys... i can say that cuz i know you both so well... lol

who the hell cares which is better... i want a e46 ///m because i like them and i think i would look cute in a drop top m3... especially when im going sideways... wheeeee... lol... anyway... be nice or i will clock u both when i see you next... hehe

...that is all... carry on... lol

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:27 PM   #48
rendered
6th Gear Member

haha. I'd love a nice clock from you.

maybe one that goes on the wrist.... for my birthday... hint hint http://www.breitling.com/en/
Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #49
2K6E60
5th Gear Member

I dunno, i love the e46 M3, but I'd rather own a new 335.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #50
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
do you own a new E9x series or something? you seem to be putting in a huge effort to prove MY OWN OPPINION wrong, lol
I didn't put in a huge effort at all actually... I was just correcting your falsehoods about the crash tests.

As for your opinions, the only thing I disagree with is that you're portraying them as facts.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #51
rendered
6th Gear Member

my bad, I was false about the crash tests... I went by what I remembered my salesman told me about why I should keep looking for an E46 M3 over the 335i. I mean he must know something we don't know if he recommended the M3 to me over the 335. He even lost the sale because of it, but i'm glad he was honest with me.

It's all good, its my money and I spent it towards what made me the happiest while behind the wheel.

So what are you driving these days Notorious VR?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #52
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
my bad, I was false about the crash tests... I went by what I remembered my salesman told me about why I should keep looking for an E46 M3 over the 335i. I mean he must know something we don't know if he recommended the M3 to me over the 335. He even lost the sale because of it, but i'm glad he was honest with me.

It's all good, its my money and I spent it towards what made me the happiest while behind the wheel.

So what are you driving these days Notorious VR?

In my experience sales people are actually the LEAST knowledgeable people in the world about cars... there are very few that actually know about the products their company sells. This btw goes for pretty much any type of sales person not just limited to cars.

Heck some of my friends are car sales men, and one openly admits to not knowing or caring to know anything specific about the product. You know why? Because most people don't care. The majority of the people that come into a dealership don't care if the car is a V6, I6, twin turbo, this or that... They care if it looks good, drives good, has xxx HP and that's pretty much it.

I agree that everyone should buy what they see fit and what suits them the best. And don't get me wrong, I think the E46 M3 is a good looking and driving car. But for me I'd actually rather have the lighter and more nimble (and better looking IMO) E36 M3 (which by the way actually did get poor crash ratings). So too each their own.

As for what I'm driving... a VR6 Jetta.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #53
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Heck some of my friends are car sales men, and one openly admits to not knowing or caring to know anything specific about the product.
Agreed whole-heartedly... Working for a high-volume GM Dealer, I can definetly agree with that. The veterans know a bit, but are in no way experts on the machines they are selling.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #54
Hawaii
2nd Gear Member

Steph you would look cute in a E46 drop top! Good luck finding the colour combo you want. In my experience, if you find something very affordable just grab it, i really wanted a LSB M3 but there weren't any in my price range when i was looking. I ended up grabbing the Imola Red M3Cab (as you've seen) and i love her. All M colours are beautiful, especially if you are gonna deck it out with carbon fibre CSL goodies!! Make sure you holler at me there are E46 M Cab chills going down
Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: