Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 1/2/4 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-10-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
Ahlavanthan
1st Gear Newbie

2009 135i with M Package. Manual.

Hello experts,

I'm looking at an 09 135i tomorrow. It's 1 owner and has 180k kms, mainly said to be hwy driven. Manual with M Package.

I'm doing my searches here now, but can anyone advise on current market price and what issues should I lockout for ?

Thank you all in advance for your time and info.
Ahlavanthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

That's a lot of km. I'm currently at 85k. Although if mostly highway it shouldn't have taken a beating then.

Things to look out for:

Turbos - Have they been replaced under warranty? Old waste gate rattle issues.

Waterpump/T-stat - Have they been replaced recently? They are known to go after 50k.

Sparkplug/Coils - Have they been replaced recently as well? Spark plugs are good for 80k.

Transmission - I know the DCT trans has a leak issue, but the manual does have an issues when going into reverse, it gets locked out basically, means a new trans as there isn't parts for you to be able to rebuild.

Injectors - Sometimes they leak, causing starting issues and rough idle.

If you want more information, head over to 1addicts. They are purely for 1 series cars, also another website called n54post (i think) that is based on the engine. Both are great resources for information regarding the 1 series.

Also, don't let this deter you from buying a vehicle. Every BMW has known issues, you just need to make sure you buy a vehicle that address these issues. Take it to a BMW shop or Indy shop and have a PPI done before buying it, you can get details on things that might need replacing soon or issues the car has now.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
Ahlavanthan
1st Gear Newbie

Thank you HavocSteve for the info. What's a reasonable price given the unknown ?

I'm in Markham and still need to find a good shop nearby.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Well if your in Markham, use Town & Country BMW to just get the PPI done. As for the price, I'm not sure. I got lucky to find my 135i for less than $28k with 27,000km on it (it did have a front end collision @ 3,000km into ownership) but the PPI came out clean beside the obvious accident title. Go onto autotrader and have a search. Should give you a good ballpark on pricing.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
Ahlavanthan
1st Gear Newbie

Test waters:

Recently took possession of this little beast to sell from a friend who left the country.

Car is plated and insured to provide test drives and mechanic inspections.

He was 2nd owner. Lots of scuffs on body, nothing major or structural. Absolutely clean and dry undercarriage. Very good interior condition.

2009 135i
M Package
6 spd manual
177K kms
Black Leather Interior
Factory summer and winter rims sets included
AC works
Heated seats

Looking for best reasonable offers. I'm not in a hurry to part with it.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #6
crysis
1st Gear Newbie

Hey, would be possible if you had posted the pictures somewhere else than photobucket that recently broke? A friend of mine from DSRLeasing recently asked me if I know somebody selling this model, maybe I would let him know. Thanks!
crysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: