Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

FS: 1999 E36 M3 Convertible 5 Speed

For sale is my 1999 E36 BMW M3 Convertible. The E36 M3 Convertible was never sold here in Canada, and BMW only made ~2200 of them with manual transmissions, making this a very rare car in Ontario. This particular car is from California, where I purchased it and drove it home myself. I went through the whole import process and still have all of the paperwork if requested; I?ve never had any issues registering or insuring it. The car has been stored in a heated garage for winters and has never seen any snow or road salt. The car has never been in an accident, the VIN tags are all present and matching, and the paint and bodywork is all original.

I have full service records from my ownership, showing maintenance to nearly every common E36 issue, along with typical routine maintenance, frequent oil changes, fluids, etc.. Major items are listed here:

-Cooling system overhaul. New rad, thermostat, t-stat housing, water pump (with metal impeller rather than the OEM composite piece), expansion tank, all hoses, clamps, etc.

-Clutch/Flywheel. UUC Lightweight flywheel with M5 clutch/pressure plate (stock pedal feel, faster revs, more holding power), also installed new OEM pilot bearing, throwout bearing, rear main seal, and updated OEM shift detents/bushings/springs (no fifth gear lean!).

-New convertible top.

-New leather interior upholstery.

-VANOS rebuild. DrVANOS new VANOS unit installed along with new OEM upper timing chain, guide rail, tensioner, lower chain tensioner, and valve cover gasket

-GroundControl custom coilover suspension. Arguably the best suspension available for a street driven M3, even my wife likes how the car rides! Very comfortable and confidence inspiring set up. Shock mount reinforcements front and rear, tie rod ends, FCABs and RTABs were installed at the same time.

-Genuine BMW ZKW headlights directly from Germany, no cheap Depo or DJ Auto here.

-OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT 17x8.5? wheels wrapped in 245/40 Pilot Super Sports. Super light and strong wheels, they only weigh just over 16lbs and after many many miles they still look new and have not bent, warped, flat spotted, or cracked at all. OZ?s HLT process essentially creates a forged barrel and a cast face, resulting in a very light and strong wheel that?s still reasonably priced.

A complete list of modifications can be found in the photos as well. All of the mods are easily reversible and I still have the stock suspension, air box, and headlights, along with some extra misc spare parts that can be included in the sale if requested.

On top of this, I?ve had an oil sample sent to Blackstone Labs for an analysis. The results show far less wear than a typical BMW S52 of this mileage and zero antifreeze, water, or fuel in the oil. From their analysis, they claim the engine looks great and there is no reason to suspect problems. I also recently had the car appraised by Road/Show Auto, P.A.V.E. approved appraisers, and the only vehicle appraisers in Ontario certified by the Porsche Club of America. They valued the car at $18,200.

Every single box was checked off on this car from the factory; heated and powered sport seats, auto climate control, fully automatic convertible top, Harmon Kardon premium sound system, 18 button OBC, the whole nine yards.

This car is in absolutely fantastic shape with no rust or corrosion of any kind. Mechanically and aesthetically, this M3 is one of the cleanest E36s around. It recently took home a second place trophy at Berlin Klassik 2017. A full high-res photo album including underside pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/bsNYd

I have held onto this car as long as I can, and it pains me to sell it, but it just doesn?t make sense for me to keep it with current life situations. I?m asking $16,000. If you have any questions/comments/offers feel free to text me at 226-622-9279 or shoot me a PM.

Thanks for reading!

gingerELITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
xander_g
2nd Gear Member

Wow, what an amazing example!

Good luck with the sale, should be gone in no time.
xander_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
Sea Aych
3rd Gear Member

Wow. So rare that M3s come around so incredibly clean and well sorted!
GLWS!
Sea Aych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:14 AM   #4
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

Very interested to see what this ends up selling for; the E36 M3 convertible is hard car to put a price on in Canada.

It was nice meeting you last year at Berlin Klassik, and it was nice seeing the car again this year even though I didn't catch you! GLWS!

Past: Fern Green E36 328i Convertible, Imola on Alcantara E46 330ci M-Sport, x2 E36 328i Sedans, Le Mans Sunset 350Z
Current: E36 M3 Cabrio - California Import, Estoril Blue, AC Schnitzer Type 1, Hard Motorsport Flares, Toyo Proxes R1R, Broadway Static
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm going to be sad when this one goes.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 AM   #6
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

Bump. If this doesn't go soon, it goes back into storage and won't be available until spring. Send me your offers!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
East61
1st Gear Newbie

Still available? How many km?
East61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by East61 View Post
Still available? How many km?
Sent you a PM.

For others wondering, The car is in miles and the odometer currently reads 172000.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #9
Rocketshippp
1st Gear Newbie

owned many cars and the e36 m3 i had still remains as one of the most fun cars ive ever owned, and your m3 looks amazing GL
Old 11-11-2017, 02:02 AM   #10
Mmmporters
1st Gear Newbie

Still available ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mmmporters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:05 AM   #11
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmporters View Post
Still available ?
The car is technically still available, however it is in storage already. The roads haven't been salted around here yet this year, so I am willing to pull it out for a serious buyer until the snow really hits.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #12
gingerELITE
1st Gear Newbie

Spring bump. This thing is back out of storage!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #13
kilofinal
1st Gear Newbie

Beautiful car!
kilofinal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw m3, convertible, e36, for sale, manual

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: