Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Mhunter583
1st Gear Newbie

1997 e39 540 6sp $2000.

I have a 97 540 bought a couple years ago for a second car. I don't have space for it anymore and needs to go. It is pre-vanos and has the desired 6-speed tranny. Silver on black leather interior. Had new brakes, all new Bilstein HD shocks, front lower control arms, and alternator done in the last year. Has an oil leak like most....Might just be the front chaincase seals?? The motor was replaced by the previous owner at 300,000 with a 740 series auto that had 170,000km. Has style 5's and a set of OEM 16" winter tires. Spare tire is Style 5 also. It is almost a 20 year old vehicle so has a few quirks.

the following is what it would need that I know.....

Brake backing plates
There is a shim on breaking but think it might be a suspension component
Rear exhaust hanger (used round all for temp repair)
Front window washer motor stopped working (could be fuse/relay as an interior light stopped working at same time)
Driver seat module needs replacement (set for 6' person at the moment)
Sunroof needs the typical clip repair
Right rear window motor (I have a replacement door with components)
Heat is intermittent but I have a new thermostat waiting to install

It has some rust, mainly on the lower rockers and front corner fender well. otherwise fairly clean. Interior is about 6-7 out of 10. No rips or tares, just a little worn. I've taken it to Ottawa a couple times this summer and gotten 30.5MPG hand calculated which isn't bad for a 300hp V8! Usually gets mid 25's on 89.

I won't certify for you. This is a $2000 car that will pull it's value in parts or be road worthy for a reasonable shade tree mechanic cost. I'm just moving on as I bought a diesel truck.

I will be keeping the stereo headunit.
Mhunter583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
Mhunter583
1st Gear Newbie

Sold
Mhunter583 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
540, e39, for sale

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: