Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2003, 04:41 PM   #16
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,341


Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Jeremy do you wanna swap the aluminum wing for the Hartge style wing that i got?
i defintley interested....i cant take my wing off until i do my paint touch ups though
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 04:42 PM   #17
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,994
Nice... My baby finally is out for the summer....
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #18
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,067
u painted you grill too?
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:45 PM   #19
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,341
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
u painted you grill too?
yep...and i got the black out tape for my moldings....
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:53 PM   #20
///Greco540
4th Gear Member
 
///Greco540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 766
Where'd the carbon fibre hood go to?
__________________
//Greco540
'98 (04/98) 540i/6 Biarritz Blue / Sand Beige
Options: 17" Style 32 Staggered / Sport Seats / Xenons / Sport Suspension / 6 Speed / Cold weather Pkg
Mods: M5 Grill, CDV, AE Xenons, Rogue Engineering Octane Short Shifter w/ WSR, Rogue Engineering Performance Transmission Mounts, Royal Purple Synchromax Transmission Fluid, Gruppe M Filter Ram Charger


My Car Site
///Greco540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:57 PM   #21
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,586
nice Jeremy!
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:37 PM   #22
qwk325
6th Gear Member
 
qwk325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 1,340
FINALLY !!!!!! the warm weather is here , the cars will be out soon , and the MAXBIMMER club will be terrerizing the streets LOL
__________________

COME ON DOWN !!!!
qwk325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 07:39 PM   #23
qwk325
6th Gear Member
 
qwk325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 1,340
oops terrorizing i think !!!!!
__________________

COME ON DOWN !!!!
qwk325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:16 AM   #24
elraton16
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: potomac, MD/ Mosport,CND
Posts: 258
Send a message via AIM to elraton16
ive been thinking of the sparco sprints and they say its the most popular and inexpensive line they carry......they look sick to me and i want to get a pair. hows the feel of them and are they worth it?
__________________
Visit DTMPowerracing.com
Carlos@dtmpowerracing.com
elraton16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 03:41 AM   #25
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!
 
windsor318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Bond Facility
Posts: 4,465
jeremy how did you do the black out grill, you paint it all a matte black, or just the chrome grill?
__________________
windsor318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #26
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,341
Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
jeremy how did you do the black out grill, you paint it all a matte black, or just the chrome grill?
i used satin black paint and just painted the center grill (black pieces and chrome pieces)....you can do the whole grill, but i found the satin black matches the rest of the grill very well....when you paint the chrome pieces you will need to start with a 40 grit sandpaper and work up to 400-600 grit...you can even do 1000 grit if you like,just to make it extra smooth....as for the black plastic pieces,you only need to use 400 or 1000 grit as the plastic is a very SOFT material....just make sure you prime it first AND SAND the primer down before you paint....again, when you sand the primer you will only need to use a 400 or 600 grit sandpaper...if you have a problem pm me and i'll give you my number, it's kinda hard to explain the process through text..

ps- DONT FORGET TO CLEAN THE GRILL AFTER SANDING AND AFTER SANDING THE PRIMER DOWN....you can get a "pre-kleano" from crappy tire or a place like that..

Last edited by jeremy; 03-29-2003 at 06:03 PM.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 10:05 PM   #27
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!
 
windsor318is's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Bond Facility
Posts: 4,465
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy
i used satin black paint and just painted the center grill (black pieces and chrome pieces)....you can do the whole grill, but i found the satin black matches the rest of the grill very well....when you paint the chrome pieces you will need to start with a 40 grit sandpaper and work up to 400-600 grit...you can even do 1000 grit if you like,just to make it extra smooth....as for the black plastic pieces,you only need to use 400 or 1000 grit as the plastic is a very SOFT material....just make sure you prime it first AND SAND the primer down before you paint....again, when you sand the primer you will only need to use a 400 or 600 grit sandpaper...if you have a problem pm me and i'll give you my number, it's kinda hard to explain the process through text..

ps- DONT FORGET TO CLEAN THE GRILL AFTER SANDING AND AFTER SANDING THE PRIMER DOWN....you can get a "pre-kleano" from crappy tire or a place like that..
you the man jeremy, know i have something to do
__________________
windsor318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:46 PM   #28
jeremy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,341
Quote:
Originally posted by windsor318is
you the man jeremy, know i have something to do
thanks man ...if you have any problems, give me a call
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018