Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Zlatko
2nd Gear Member

Fixed My DISA Issue - Made About 40 RWHP With 3 Stage Intake

Just uploaded video last night:

3 Stage Intake Manifold + aFe CAI + AA Tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ONVuKt0Ntw
Attached Images
File Type: png 7.PNG (79.6 KB, 50 views)
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
dbworld4k

Solid gains! The curve looks much better with the fixed DISA. I need to dyno mine as well. I too did the 3SIM, AFE intake, tune, MILVs, and headers . Really hoping to crack 240rwhp.

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I need to find the time to pull the buried disa and inspect it.
I've pulled the one up top and it looks ok but I have a sneaking suspicion the 2nd one has some intermittent issues. My car usually pulls hard but occasionally it feels really flat in the midrange... kind of like what that curve is showing.

I've got AFE intake, ebay headers and AA tune.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
Zlatko
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
I need to find the time to pull the buried disa and inspect it.
I've pulled the one up top and it looks ok but I have a sneaking suspicion the 2nd one has some intermittent issues. My car usually pulls hard but occasionally it feels really flat in the midrange... kind of like what that curve is showing.

I've got AFE intake, ebay headers and AA tune.
Did you dyno the car? What kind of headers did you get? I don't want to pay 1000 USD for a set - it seems insanely expensive.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Price has gone up a bit, I got mine for $300.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-E90-E91-...2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

The primary for cylinder #5 hits the motor mount though. I had to hammer mine a bit and shave a bit of non structural material off the motor mount arm to get clearance. Also one of the bottom studs you can't really get to with a tool with the motor in the car, you can get the nut snug at best but not tight. I can't remember which one, but replacing the stud with a bolt that you screw in while you put the manifold on might solve the issue.

I never dyno'd the car before, so I didn't really see the point of dynoing it after.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko View Post
Did you dyno the car? What kind of headers did you get? I don't want to pay 1000 USD for a set - it seems insanely expensive.
https://roundelwerk.com/products/bmw...ormance-header. They're identical to the AA'S I have them on my 328 since summer. They also come with OE gaskets unlike the ones linked above. Perfect fitment. Zero issues. And the best priced aftermarket yet quality headers you can get for the N52.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #7
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
https://roundelwerk.com/products/bmw...ormance-header. They're identical to the AA'S I have them on my 328 since summer. They also come with OE gaskets unlike the ones linked above. Perfect fitment. Zero issues. And the best priced aftermarket yet quality headers you can get for the N52.
Looks like the exact same design as the ebay ones as well... same shitty gaskets in the pics too.

I definitely would have paid an extra couple hundred to get ones that fit properly, it was annoying getting mine to fit.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:06 PM   #8
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Looks like the exact same design as the ebay ones as well... same shitty gaskets in the pics too.

I definitely would have paid an extra couple hundred to get ones that fit properly, it was annoying getting mine to fit.
The photo is outdated for some reason, they updated the design and sell ones that look identical to AA with the OE type gaskets. Mine are exactly like AA as have a few others I've seen sold/installed.

OP, there was a brand new set of these for sale on Kijiji for $600 CAD last week FYI.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #9
Zlatko
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the link. I just added that to the list.

Also, did you guys have any check engine lights after the cats? I'm thinking of doing the Cats + Magnaflow exhaust on top of that.

Potentially MILVs as well after that.

I just don't know if there is some tuning or issues - I can't stand seeing lights on on the dashboard.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 PM   #10
dbworld4k

Yes, you'll need a tune to disable the CEL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: