Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Interior & Audio
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-10-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
moock
e30fan

FS: Amazing E30 Brown Leather Seats - Recaro, 4 Door, Fantastic Shape - $800

Selling my very rare complete set of brown leather 4-door E30 seats.

Price:
$800

Specs:
-Sport model (Recaro with raised bolsters)
-From a 325is 4-door (with only 60,000 km)

Caveat:
Seats have been refinished (from tan to dark brown).

Condition:
If you're not a purist about the color change, then these seats are about as good as it gets.
Very little wear.
All original padding in excellent condition. Nothing collapsed or compressed.
All mechanical in excellent working order (bolster extension knob, anti-submarine lever, and seat-back position lever).
Not a single tear or rip.
Some basic leather break in.
Near-new heating elements.

Fitment:
Will fit any E30, however, is best suited for a 4-door due to the following features:
1) The front seats lack the release lever used to move the seat forward when passengers enter the rear of the car.
2) The 4-door seat bench has a rounded corner (to allow entry through the rear doors), as opposed to the sculpted corner on 2-door seats that transitions between the seat and the side walls of the rear cabin.

Back Story:
Originally the seats came out of a very low mileage E30 from Texas in approximately 1998. They were stored for about 10 years by Zionsville Autosport in Indianapolis. Some time later, in 2005 I bought a 4-door E30 and started searching for a set of dark brown leather sports seats (which exist, but are very rare in the 4-door configuration). After three years of looking, the closest I could find was the Zionsville seats. They were in incredible condition, but were a tan color that was lighter than I was hoping for. While I was debating whether or not to settle for tan, Zionsville Autosport suggested refinishing the seats with a leather paint. I had never heard of leather paint before, but Dwight at Zionsville assured me it would work perfectly. After spending three years hunting and coming up dry, I decided to give the refinishing a try. I paid US$1000 for the seats and US$500 to have new heating elements installed (great for the Canadian winter). The seats looked incredible, and were exactly what I had been dreaming of. Then, two years later, in 2010, after very light usage, I crashed the car on a race track. The car was a write-off, but seats were untouched, so I pulled them out and put them in indoor heated storage at my house. It's now 2019, and I've finally decided I won't be buying another E30 any time soon, so it's time to let the seats go. At CAD$800, I'm asking less than half what I paid 11 years ago, and of course now they are that much more rare. I'm hoping to find someone with a beautiful 4-door E30 to put them in and love them as much as I did! If you want the 100% original experience of the feel of these seats in their prime, including upholstery, padding, heating, and mechanical, this is your chance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5128.jpg (200.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5129.jpg (145.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5130.jpg (169.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5131.jpg (162.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5132.jpg (192.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5133.jpg (179.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5134.jpg (78.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5135.jpg (138.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5136.jpg (74.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5137.jpg (157.3 KB, 27 views)
moock is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: