Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #46
Rasool
1st Gear Newbie

Such an epic cruise! I have some pretty crazy clips from my go pro but i've been stuck at work all day. Probably wont get to editing until mid week. I'm new to the board, any suggestions if i should be putting clips on here or not?
Rasool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #47
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Hey everyone,

Must echo the other comments... great organizing (and improvisation on the go!) from Jay. Was really impressed. I think the earlier start was a great idea.

Jay: Angee and I were talking after, and she wasn't sure if you've done any roads in the Port Syndey-Huntsville area. After seeing our route yesterday, she had some suggestions, which I will forward for possible consideration on a future cruise.

Angee really enjoyed herself too, and we got some good shots and some video... not HD, but they turned out, mostly. Didn't realize my camera card ran out of space for the last leg. But I got the first half-ish of Southwood, and pretty much everything from Bala to Bracebridge. Will upload stuff as I can.

Everyone in the group was awesome and some really diverse backgrounds. Great meeting all of you! It was great getting together for laughs and food after. Super driving skills with nobody being a bonehead! I was a little nervous, seeing some of the cars that came out, being there with my stock '86 Eta... I've pushed her and my driving some before, but this was amazing and a really great experience, especially the Bala-Bracebridge leg. Was definitely fun pushing my limits and the car's.

Can't wait for the next cruise!

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

"The future is uncertain and the end is always near."
estoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:44 PM   #48
wolf_e39
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Nothing sums it up more than when I caught myself saying out loud "...this reminds me of when I had fun doing these events..."

Fantastic cooperation, timing right on point, safe but quick, capable drivers, and laughs every time I got out the car. Thanks for a great event guys. Let's hope and aim for more of these next year. Cheers
Jay it was amazing this year you have outdone yourself best cruises i have ever been on since i joined

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Absolutely agree! Best event/cruise hands down!! No clowns, no unsafe driving, FANTASTIC ROADS!!!
Terry i wish i could post some of our videos but the convos in the background are not PG rated LMFAO
wolf_e39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #49
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_e39 View Post
Terry i wish i could post some of our videos but the convos in the background are not PG rated LMFAO
"Okay stop talking about prostitutes now"

Past: Fern Green E36 328i Convertible, Imola on Alcantara E46 330ci M-Sport, x2 E36 328i Sedans, Le Mans Sunset 350Z
Current: E36 M3 Cabrio - California Import, Estoril Blue, AC Schnitzer Type 1, Hard Motorsport Flares, Toyo Proxes R1R, Broadway Static
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #50
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

You could edit out the conversation...

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 AM   #51
E36is
'OldSchool..'

^^^ estoguy, i liked your white e30. impressed with its condition.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #52
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

Thanks! I try to keep her as nice as I can, reasonably. Until I owned her she'd never been daily driven all year, but she was well maintained. . I try to catch any rusties and paint issues when I see them and I've been getting her Krowned yearly. I hand wash every two weeks and spray down the under carriage when I do it. I also do most of the maintenance work myself. Only been in a shop twice in almost three years. She's a great car and I love owning her.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #53
estoguy
3rd Gear Member

A note on fun vs. cost in an unmodified 1986 325. I filled up Saturday afternoon on my way to Wonderland in Barrie. When we left Dave and Busters, I had less than 100 km on the clock. With the driving the cruise to Gravenhurst, then back up Muskoka Beach Rd for another run after lunch, driving to Huntsville and then back to Orillia yesterday.

Total distance covered 465 km
Total fuel used: 39.083 L
Total cost with 5 cents off/L (Petro Canada - Regular gas) - $34.74.
Overall Fuel Efficiency 8.4 L/100 km. And she was being driven hard for at least 2/3 of that distance.

Smile on my face from a great cruise: Priceless.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #54
Transporter
2nd Gear Member

Yes this one was a real cruise with a bunch of great guys....... and sorry if I was concerned about the condition of the route but I had to drive back to London on the same day but Jay really outdid himself this fall (great job Jay) and I did not get lost on this one loll Looking forward to have a repeat next year..... See you all....
Can not wait to see pics,,,,,,,,
Transporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 PM   #55
E36&8
2nd Gear Member

all the jackasses and retards went on the turenorth muskoka cruise like it was purposely setup to divide the community
Old 09-23-2015, 03:18 PM   #56
bjsbrandon
MTLBLAUE36

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36&8 View Post
all the jackasses and retards went on the turenorth muskoka cruise like it was purposely setup to divide the community
LOL two of those jackasses and retards went to both cruises
bjsbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #57
bmw325bmw_
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36&8 View Post
That's a very interesting and valid observation considering that the rather large fella claims to want to bring the community together, yet his actions tell a different story.
bmw325bmw_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #58
bjsbrandon
MTLBLAUE36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325bmw_ View Post
That's a very interesting and valid observation considering that the rather large fella claims to want to bring the community together, yet his actions tell a different story.
That rather friendly fella has always made me feel very welcome and included. Is there some kind of hidden agenda that I don't know about that has caused some enmity here?
bjsbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #59
Transporter
2nd Gear Member

Some shots I've edited:

Hey Damon I know you are busy with school and yes we were a smaller group this fall cruise but really only shoots of 4 cars posted ...lol....
Old 09-24-2015, 01:55 AM   #60
Transporter
2nd Gear Member

But I must admit they are great shots...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: