Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
rallyguy
1st Gear Newbie

FYI:heated storage for lease or sale

FYI:

After 2 years of not parking in my garage, decided to bite the bullet
and get some storage for summer tires, patio furniture, bikes, etc., etc.
Thinking of getting extra storage and getting the car off the road for the winter.

Units are for lease or sale starting at $9,900. The cheapest condo
you will ever own in the greater GTA .......

Enjoy:

Calgary – sold out. Edmonton – sold out. Toronto – just released.

With condo projects by various developers sold out across the country, it was just a matter of time before the Toronto area received its first self-storage condo project.
Self-storage condos, the latest condo trend, are a natural outcome of progressively smaller residential condos. As a result, self-storage rental units are increasingly used as permanent storage solutions.

According to Uhaul.com, local 10x10 units rent for $175/month.
With tax and condo fees starting from only $23/month, why rent …
when you can own for much less?
Units are for business, personal or investment use and range from 55 sq ft to 95 sq ft. Condos can be combined like building blocks- up to 380 sq ft. The first project has just been released, more projects are planned.

BUSINESS self-storage condos are ideal. Condos can be used for inventory storage, file storage or tool/material storage for small contractors.
Located in the coveted Mississauga-Burlington QEW corridor, units can also be used as a west GTA sales/business base - perfect for storing product samples, marketing materials, etc.
Available business signage adds exposure and credibility for the small growing business, a definite advantage over home-based locations. Buying additional tenanted units with flexible move-in dates allows for future expansion.

PERSONAL STORAGE is a common use. De-cluttering everyday living space, storing seasonal items (patio furniture, snow tires, etc.) or recreational storage (motorcycles, ATV’s, etc.) are some of the storage solutions offered.

INVESTMENT is also popular use of storage condos. Commercial real estate ownership is a pipe dream for many. Until now:
With storage condos, commercial real estate investment
in the greater GTA has never been so affordable.
Starting at $9,900, buyers have the option to buy units out right, or use their personal line of credit. An initial deposit of only $5,000 makes the choice easy.

The NO INTEREST payment plan even lets
users buy entire units on their credit card!

Units can be leased out far in excess of monthly costs, a rarity with most other condo investments. Long term rising real estate prices are an added bonus. Buying several tenanted units is also an option.

Amenities include: temperature controlled environment, secure 24hr access, optional business signage, and onsite washroom facilities.
Please contact Elliot Goldspink (905-599-1702) or Chris Wicken (416-859-9425) at CBRE Real Estate for more information.

Last edited by rallyguy; 11-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.
rallyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
hardparking
2nd Gear Member

Interesting concept. Will be curious to see how well this takes off..
I would like to see pictures and sizes to get a feel for what 10k would buy me. Seems like you would need alot of land for such a project though and at gta's property prices these days I don't know how anything close to the city would be profitable for the developer. I assume it'd be a multi level facility...would be nice to have parking garage ramps to drive a car up if you bought a unit not on the ground.

Say even a 3 floor place, 60 10x10 units at $10,000 each is only 600k for the developer. Can't buy much empty land close to the city for 400-500k plus building costs... Where is the profit
hardparking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Very intrigued by this.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

That is an interesting concept. I assume even if you buy outright there are still condo fees?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
rallyguy
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardparking View Post
Interesting concept. Will be curious to see how well this takes off..
I would like to see pictures and sizes to get a feel for what 10k would buy me. Seems like you would need alot of land for such a project though and at gta's property prices these days I don't know how anything close to the city would be profitable for the developer. I assume it'd be a multi level facility...would be nice to have parking garage ramps to drive a car up if you bought a unit not on the ground.

Say even a 3 floor place, 60 10x10 units at $10,000 each is only 600k for the developer. Can't buy much empty land close to the city for 400-500k plus building costs... Where is the profit

actually all the units are ground level. Includes access to w/c, office, kitchenette, mini boardroom and indoor heated space to load/unload your car.
rallyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: