Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
edrikk
1st Gear Newbie

Having a little fun with a scammer...

Don't know why... maybe I was a little bored.. but at any rate, this scum-bag was/is "selling" a 2008 135 for $12,800 USD with no miles on it on Autotrader...

So anyways, below is the communications between us... I'm waiting for him to answer back saying he's the lone owner, as running the VIN even through Google shows that it's been sold 2-3 times already! haha

I think I'm going to end this soon, but I pulled out the big guns in the last couple of emails telling the scammer that I'm a girl (i'm not), and that I want to actually send him extra money off the bat so that I can test the car an extra week...

What a dirt-bag...

=-=-=-== Scammer -=-=-=-=-=

BMW Series 1
Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:00 AM
"Samuel Flynn"

Good evening,

Thank you very much for your interest in my used BMW Series 1.
The car is not located in Canada,and will be shipped by a company from England to your country.
You don't have to pay additional taxes for this and the shipping costs will be covered by me,and the car has been tested before sale.
If you need any further information please feel free to contact me. The price is $12.800 US.

Sincerely, Samuel Flynn

=-=-=-== ME -=-=-=-=-=
Hi Samuel,

Sounds great!!!!

Given that you're in Canada (based on your yahoo.ca address), let me know when the car has made it here.
I'll take a look at it, and then we can continue our negotiation.

Thanks,

Hello again Sir,

The VIN is: WBAUN935X8VF56300

Thank you for the e-mail.
I live in England. The car is located in England, will be shipped in your country in 4-5 day's.
You don't have to pay additional taxes for this and the shipping costs will be covered by me. The reason that I want to sell my car is that I just moved in England...got married and I also found a good job here.
The car price is $12.800 US and $2.800 US is required at the time of sale , and rest of the money $10.000 US when the car will be to your door.If you reject the deal(you will have 5 days to test it)you will have your money back and I will have my car back.
It's very hard for me to drive this car here because they have other regulations and this week I found a family car here which I want to buy it, an England model, but first I have to sell my car. I tried to sell it to a local dealer but they told me they cannot accept it in England because the wheel is on the left side.The car has been tested before sale.
The interior looks great and also the exterior. The vehicle is in good condition, has no technical damage at all, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, no smoking. It's fun and robust to drive. Technical inspection and emissions testing is passed and stamped as well. It has title of ownership,cleared of any obligations or fees and comes with all the documents.
The car is now located at the shipping company warehouse in England and they will deliver the car directly to your door.
This is an extremely clean car inside and outside. This is a one owner vehicle that was locally driven and never raced.
If you are looking for an extremely fast and dependable car (this is what you are looking for) that is fun to drive you won't want to miss this unique opportunity.

Sincerely,Samuel Flynn

=-=-=-== ME -=-=-=-=-=

Thanks for the VIN.

That's awesome! This must be my lucky day, because my uncle lives in England as well!
Where abouts do you live? You two can get together so he can inspect and test the car, and we can go from there.

Hello again,

I told you I want to buy another car for me and my family,so I want to make the deal as soon as possible.
Visit a Western Union office and make payment to my name and address with $2.800 US, after you have made payment the folks from Western Union will give you a MTCN# (Money Transfer Control Number), please email me this number and I will check on Western Union’s web page. If everything is fine I will contact the company and you will have the car in 4-5 day's.You will have 5 days to test it,and after you have to pay rest of the money:$10.000 US.
If you reject the car you will have your money back-$2.800 US,and I will have my car back.

My payment information is:

First name: Samuel
Last name: Flynn
Address: 20 Broadwick Street
City: London
ZIP Code: W1F 8HT
Country/Region: UK

Also please send me again your FULL name and address (shipping address) , and also your ID (because the car papers must be changed from my name on your name)
I will wait you e-mail as soon as possible.

Thank you very much dear Sir,
Samuel Flynn

=-=-=-== ME -=-=-=-=-=

Hey Sameul,

Thanks for the information.
I'm affraid you didn't answer my question. My uncle lives about an hour outside of London, so getting to Broadwick Street to meetup is not an issue for him at all.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you move to UK from? Where was the car purchased? Are you the original owner of the car?

I'm so close to just sending the money because this is such an incredible deal, but I just want to know those pieces of information. These are important because my country has laws as well about import.

Would you be okay if I sent $4,800 at first, but in return I have 2 weeks to test out the car? I mean sometimes issues aren't noticeable that early.

Thanks a lot bud! If the car is as good as it looks, I'll ship out a case of beer to your address as well!

All the best,

Hello again,

I'm out of my country with my job...I cannot call or answer to all my clients.
I`m a businessman , I work hard and I have a lot of meetings every day , that`s way I work between this company because they offer this facilities: If the buyer reject the deal they deliver the car to the seller and the buyer receive his money back.
I wait your mail regarding your FULL name and address and as soon as you will mail me with the receipt from the bank the car will leave to your door (please confirm your shipping address).

Thank you very much dear Sir,
Samuel Flynn

=-=-=-== ME -=-=-=-=-=
Thanks Samuel,

You didn't answer my questions though (I don't think)... Sorry, I'm a simple girl:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you move to UK from? Where was the car purchased? Are you the original owner of the car?

Would you be okay if I sent $4,800 at first, but in return I have 2 weeks to test out the car? I mean sometimes issues aren't noticeable that early.

Thanks again,
edrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
eta Epsilon
3rd Gear Member

What an ass...
Does he really think somebody would deal with him after that kind of answers???
08' Kia Rondo, Girlfriend's car
eta Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Haha, this is actually really funny, kudo's to you for dicking him around, even if just for principal (As I'm sure he'll just end up scamming someone else). I thought it was particularly funny when he ascertains he is a "businessman" (and makes it sound like a prominent one) but his grammar and punctuation are terrible lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
edrikk
1st Gear Newbie

Yeah, the answers *are* a little blunt from him.. but I take that to be because English is not his first language (despite his very British name "Samuel Flynn")...

I really thought he'd jump at the extra $2K of free money though...

And yeah "I'm a hard working Businessman" hahahaha... yeah, okay!

Based on his next answers, I'll probably just finish him off, but still... I got some amusement out of it! haha...
edrikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Yeah, i did that once too. A guy was renting his downtown Montreal apartment fully furnished for dirt cheap, and similar story. Moved to England bla bal bla.
I cant believe how many scammers there are on autotrader. Also had a few back and forth emails with supposedly a girl selling her Audi TT for $2,500.
I say keep it going.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

You should send him the RCMP address in Ottawa with the name of the constable in charge of fraud, Just don't include the words RCMP.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta Epsilon View Post
What an ass...
Does he really think somebody would deal with him after that kind of answers???
This might shock you, however they might get 1 or 2 people a week with this type of scams. I watched on TV a documentry on this type of scams. This scamers net on average of $10,000 a month in profit.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
europrince
6th Gear Member

Fun little time you're having with the buddy I'd play along a bit more.

I feel sorry for people who get burned like this, not because they lost money, but because they are so naive and don't do their due diligence. Noone is going to give you something for nothing. Know the market value of what you're buying. If it sounds too good to be true....you know.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
sands
3rd Gear Member

The sad part in all this is that people actually fall for these type of scams.
That being said, at least you're wasting some of his time, that's awesome, I'm looking forward to his reply
sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Who ever falls for these type of scams deserve to lose their money to these people.

How naive and dumb do you really have to be.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
344i
5th Gear Member

i thought the thread was titled "Having a little fun with a scanner" and I thought to myself, do i really want to see this?
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Magical24
2nd Gear Member

hahaha **** that guy lol thats awsome you should just keep wasting his time lol
Magical24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
Magical24
2nd Gear Member

"im just a simple girl" hahaha thats priceless good job
Magical24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 344i View Post
i thought the thread was titled "Having a little fun with a scanner" and I thought to myself, do i really want to see this?
haha, you and me both, i was like oooo...sweet,lol.

When i was looking at getting one, i came across one as some may remember, i had never come across one nor knew it was going on, hense why i posted it as well,lol. but i love how your playing him!!
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #15
M3speed
6th Gear Member

good for you for dicking this loser around! what an ass! he actually expected you to wire him money just like that!! i don't get how people actually fall into these scams!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autotrader, scam, scammer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: