Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 07:48 PM   #76
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469


Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn
Hey, easy on the e30, geez, I only have one cuz i cant afford anything more than that. and i think it still looks cool, not the greatest but its still good. And i think the e30 could take on anything u put out on the twisties so bugger off to ur honda bitches or whatever u like...

my 2 cents

E30s can't handle all that great, so please don't go telling me it can take anything on the twisties, let alone a honda. E30s have dated suspension (except the E30 M3) that makes the E30 a crappy handling car.

Any of my old civics would run circles around my current E30 or most E30s for that matter that are "race ready."

I don't understand why people have to be so biased and have trouble being netural.

Honda has its problems, it's a pos when it comes to rust, things rust right out of the factory (that problem is getting better, but still present)...they use cheap materials, etc.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #77
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
That is an awesome Ferrari, i am also digging the house

I don't seem to comprehend why people argue this honda vs vw shit. To think that Honda is worse than VW, you gotta be one ignorant IDIOT. Why don't you look at the facts...Honda is within the big 5 car manufacturers with GM ahead of the Race with 30%, Ford 29%, Chrylser 20% Honda 9%, Toyota 9% and the rest belonging to all other manufacturers.

With that said, not only does honda sell a whole lot more cars (given that on its own speaks volumes) but it makes cars that don't have decade old electrical problems and makes cars that can last a lot more than a month before having to go back to the dealer.

For ****'s sake, my friend's 2.0 Mk4 was burning oil after 10k, my gf's 1.8T jetta has had the CD player replaced THREE times. And people are stupid for not buying honda??? Who is stupid, the moron who paid for an overpriced POS VW or the guy who bought the reliable honda for less, (also cheaper on gas, which matters nowadays).

With all the above said, i am not a VW hater, i hate idiots who cherish the brand like it's all that, when it isn't.

My personal favourite VW is the VR6 Corrado, but again an over priced POS that i'd never own just because of how expensive it is to own. For that money i'd rather drive something with a more elegant badge, like a BMW.

VW does make better equipped cars, and in some cases faster out of the box than Honda, but who needs that when shit breaks down?

Those of you who still can't see my point, look at your spendings and just look at what you pay for insurance/gas/maintenance costs and compare it to somebody who owns a civic, then see who has the last laugh.

And if you still can't understand WHY people like Honda more than VW, then please don't reply to me, unless you are going to say something relevant and new that can change my mind.

1) if you're going to post bullshit opinions "my friends... "
- don't bother posting.

2) VW doesn't sell as much because their cars are held to a slightly higher standard. They cost more and appeal to a different market than econobox honda civics.

3) if you want to use 'my friend... " examples... My sisters fiancee has a 91' Jetta with 350,000km on the original tranny. ... and his father who was one of the leading mechanics working for the city of toronto, is still driving a 91' PASSAT with 400,000km on it... nothing but regular maintenance and a new transmission at 300,000km.

4) Honda is a good econobox car. no doubt about it. Yes, if you know shit all about cars, and are afraid of regular maintenance, buy a honda over a vw. then again, the most reliable cars are Toyota's... so buy a toyota over a honda. and since bmw's are high maintenance.. buy a toyota over a bmw. and over an audi... and over any other car that needs a little attention now and then.

I own an mk3 jetta... NOT ONE PROBLEM. - 10 year old car.

Did you pull those figures out of your ass??? B/c i know that toyota is ahead of Honda as far as sales are concerned.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #78
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
E30s can't handle all that great, so please don't go telling me it can take anything on the twisties, let alone a honda. E30s have dated suspension (except the E30 M3) that makes the E30 a crappy handling car.

Any of my old civics would run circles around my current E30 or most E30s for that matter that are "race ready."

I don't understand why people have to be so biased and have trouble being netural.

Honda has its problems, it's a pos when it comes to rust, things rust right out of the factory (that problem is getting better, but still present)...they use cheap materials, etc.
+ why the fuk do you own an E30???

Go buy a civic.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #79
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
My gf example is pretty solid because that car is basically mine and i drive it regularly...my friend's 2.0 same things. POS

Now, my best friend had a mk3 VR6 Jetta that i basically worked on for 2 months because it was a pos. The car was 8 years old, costs more than most honda brand new back in the day...and let's see what we did in 2 months.

Electrical
- had to change tps sensor
- mas air flow sensor

Fuel
- Fuel pump was ****ed, it wasn't keeping consistant pressure

Misc:
- Central locks, the idiot who designed them made them vacuum actuated, had to fix that
- Front and rear wheel bearings had to be replaced

That's only in 2 MONTHS, he sold the car on Vortex and the new owner had problems and in fact he list all the shit he had to fix and the car still wasn't running near perfect, i think he did coils, etc.

So there, why does a car that's "superior" in every way, cost more than a honda and is such a piece of shit to maintain. In 8 years you'd have to do ALL that work where as a honda in general won't have any of those parts go, at least not in only 8 years of owning.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #80
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
1) if you're going to post bullshit opinions "my friends... "
- don't bother posting.

2) VW doesn't sell as much because their cars are held to a slightly higher standard. They cost more and appeal to a different market than econobox honda civics.

3) if you want to use 'my friend... " examples... My sisters fiancee has a 91' Jetta with 350,000km on the original tranny. ... and his father who was one of the leading mechanics working for the city of toronto, is still driving a 91' PASSAT with 400,000km on it... nothing but regular maintenance and a new transmission at 300,000km.

4) Honda is a good econobox car. no doubt about it. Yes, if you know shit all about cars, and are afraid of regular maintenance, buy a honda over a vw. then again, the most reliable cars are Toyota's... so buy a toyota over a honda. and since bmw's are high maintenance.. buy a toyota over a bmw. and over an audi... and over any other car that needs a little attention now and then.

I own an mk3 jetta... NOT ONE PROBLEM. - 10 year old car.

Did you pull those figures out of your ass??? B/c i know that toyota is ahead of Honda as far as sales are concerned.

Because i like E30s, if i wanted a project car to make fast/well handling i'd rather buy a civic, than an E30...however i wanted a daily driver and the E30 was appealing.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 PM   #81
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
Because i like E30s, if i wanted a project car to make fast/well handling i'd rather buy a civic, than an E30...however i wanted a daily driver and the E30 was appealing.
just buy a civic now... you seem like the civic type. Hate the thought of ppl like you driving bmw's.

E30's are high maintenance... so wouldn't it make more sense to have a civic as a daily driver? I don't get you.


WTF is it with the personal opinions... I have the complete opposite... my friends civic's head gasket blew at 180,000km. They're piece of shit.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #82
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
My gf example is pretty solid because that car is basically mine and i drive it regularly...my friend's 2.0 same things. POS

Now, my best friend had a mk3 VR6 Jetta that i basically worked on for 2 months because it was a pos. The car was 8 years old, costs more than most honda brand new back in the day...and let's see what we did in 2 months.

Electrical
- had to change tps sensor
- mas air flow sensor

Fuel
- Fuel pump was ****ed, it wasn't keeping consistant pressure

Misc:
- Central locks, the idiot who designed them made them vacuum actuated, had to fix that
- Front and rear wheel bearings had to be replaced

That's only in 2 MONTHS, he sold the car on Vortex and the new owner had problems and in fact he list all the shit he had to fix and the car still wasn't running near perfect, i think he did coils, etc.

So there, why does a car that's "superior" in every way, cost more than a honda and is such a piece of shit to maintain. In 8 years you'd have to do ALL that work where as a honda in general won't have any of those parts go, at least not in only 8 years of owning.
Funny, I know a shitload of ppl with Mk3's who have NOT ONE PROBLEM. Not my problem that your friend bought a problem car.

So all your info is backed by personal opinionated experiances.... what an arguement.

I can sit here and tell you horror stories of the shit 'all my friends' have gone throught with their tin can civics too...
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:30 PM   #83
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
I am seem like the civic guy? What a stupid comment...i am more of the common sense type actually: thank you very much

E30s cost more than civics to maintain, drive, and insure, but i simply like the car for what it is. A civic is still better, but i wanted an E30, just because it's an E30 and i've liked them for a while. Just because i have it and drive it, and like it, it still doesn't make it better than a civic...

Unlike you, i build my own cars, i don't have to go to mechs to get everything installed (nothing wrong with that) so it wouldn't hurt me owning a high maint car like vw/bmw like it would hurt your pocket.

Aren't you the same guy that works 3 jobs just to have this VW on the road...

I give you props for working 3 jobs and having a pretty damn clean VR6, i personally like it, and i can see you think she is worth the 3 jobs, but to me it isn't. Good luck.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #84
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,631
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
E30s can't handle all that great, so please don't go telling me it can take anything on the twisties, let alone a honda. E30s have dated suspension (except the E30 M3) that makes the E30 a crappy handling car.

Any of my old civics would run circles around my current E30 or most E30s for that matter that are "race ready."

I don't understand why people have to be so biased and have trouble being netural.

Honda has its problems, it's a pos when it comes to rust, things rust right out of the factory (that problem is getting better, but still present)...they use cheap materials, etc.
WTF??? Your car must handle like a piece of shit if you say e30s cant handle, probably all worn to nothing bushings. And tell me whats the difference of a regular e30 and a e30 M3. The only difference is its a five bolt. Big frigging deal. A e30 with equal shocks and springs to an e30 m3 should be exactly the same.

I dont agree either with the 'honda running circles around e30s' thats shit. All the 'race ready' e30s at our race shop **** over any Honda that you've ever had or even the ones at the races. And a good e30 will give your Honda a good run for its money at the 1/4 even though e30s aren't made for the 1/4s, its made for handling. Whats the honda made for? Rust and shitty build quality (maybe the newer ones have smartened up a bit but I don't know, I don't own or like hondas)

Sorry if I offended anyone in my defense. I just plainly don't like what buddy said about the e30 being a shit handling car
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #85
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
Funny, I know a shitload of ppl with Mk3's who have NOT ONE PROBLEM. Not my problem that your friend bought a problem car.

So all your info is backed by personal opinionated experiances.... what an arguement.

I can sit here and tell you horror stories of the shit 'all my friends' have gone throught with their tin can civics too...

The difference between my personal experiences and yours is that you lie, and i don't.

You can sit here and hype up ever single honda horror story while i don't have to. I don't own a VW or a Honda so i have no reason to be baised, however you obviously have a reason to cry because you drive a VW and your e-ego might be hurt if somebody proves to you that Honda>VW

Numbers back me up, stats back me up, go check the top 10 of the best vehicles of the last 10 years dude...also check the top 5 selling cars, etc....what do you have for proof? A bitter personality and a bunch of lies. That doesn't make much of an argument.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #86
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn
WTF??? Your car must handle like a piece of shit if you say e30s cant handle, probably all worn to nothing bushings. And tell me whats the difference of a regular e30 and a e30 M3. The only difference is its a five bolt. Big frigging deal. A e30 with equal shocks and springs to an e30 m3 should be exactly the same.

I dont agree either with the 'honda running circles around e30s' thats shit. All the 'race ready' e30s at our race shop **** over any Honda that you've ever had or even the ones at the races. And a good e30 will give your Honda a good run for its money at the 1/4 even though e30s aren't made for the 1/4s, its made for handling. Whats the honda made for? Rust and shitty build quality (maybe the newer ones have smartened up a bit but I don't know, I don't own or like hondas)

Sorry if I offended anyone in my defense. I just plainly don't like what buddy said about the e30 being a shit handling car

Funny you said that, i have a 1990 325I with 180k with new bushings, very well maintained and lowered on bilstein sports and eibach springs....


Also another member from the E30 forum drove my car as well before i purchased it. He went to test drive it with the previous owner, he too believed the car handled really good...which it does...however compared to my old cars the E30 has nothing.

And i always thought the E30 M3 had a different handling setup besides big brakes and 5 lug...i could be wrong though as i am no E30 Guru.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #87
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeanE36
The difference between my personal experiences and yours is that you lie, and i don't.

You can sit here and hype up ever single honda horror story while i don't have to. I don't own a VW or a Honda so i have no reason to be baised, however you obviously have a reason to cry because you drive a VW and your e-ego might be hurt if somebody proves to you that Honda>VW

Numbers back me up, stats back me up, go check the top 10 of the best vehicles of the last 10 years dude...also check the top 5 selling cars, etc....what do you have for proof? A bitter personality and a bunch of lies. That doesn't make much of an argument.
kids like you piss me right off.... 'difference is that you lie... i don't'

ppl on this site know me better than to think that I lie....

here we have an E30 owner... who badmouths e30's... loves civics off...

Go buy a fuken civic...according to you they're cheaper to maintain, don't break down, handle better and have a good track record. <= yet you still drive an E30... very "practical"

And sorry... I don't have an 'ego'... i wouldn't have bought a VW if i didn't think they were great cars. You can talk smack all you want about your precious honda's... hmm... maybe your E30 is just about finished... and you're thinking about buying a honda??? hyping yourself up maybe?
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #88
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
If you're looking for a cheap economy car... and you like to be 'practical' get yourself a corolla... they're more reliable than civics. NUMBERS ETC HAVE PROVEN IT. Toyota is now considered to be the most reliable manufactuerer in the world. SO WHY DON'T WE ALL GO BUY TOYOTA NOW!?!?!
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:48 PM   #89
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,584
Send a message via MSN to A~G
I'm done arguing... its pointless.

Post some more stories about 'your friends' and their terrible Vw's...

p.s. Go buy a Honda.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #90
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
kids like you piss me right off.... 'difference is that you lie... i don't'

ppl on this site know me better than to think that I lie....

here we have an E30 owner... who badmouths e30's... loves civics off...

Go buy a fuken civic...according to you they're cheaper to maintain, don't break down, handle better and have a good track record. <= yet you still drive an E30... very "practical"

And sorry... I don't have an 'ego'... i wouldn't have bought a VW if i didn't think they were great cars. You can talk smack all you want about your precious honda's... hmm... maybe your E30 is just about finished... and you're thinking about buying a honda??? hyping yourself up maybe?

You are an idiot...good luck.
__________________
givemeanE36 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2018