Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
crxgsr
BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M325i View Post
Now for the second time, obviously I didn't mean 255 when I typed in 2** I thought you would be able to fill the stars in appropriately. Although epic line here "A 205/45 is several inches shorter than a 255/45" Already aware of that bud. My main point was to focus on the length of the tire, not the width of the tire, thats why I changed the obvious into stars and focused on the length of the tire (40 or 50)
You do know that the second number is a percentage of the first right?? So 205/50R17 means the sidewall height is 50% of 205mm and for 225/45R17, sidewall height is 45% of 225mm.

You cannot just concentrate on part of a size, you need the whole size!!!
crxgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Jonesin
2nd Gear Member

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Useful links click HERE
Member of the Non-M Bumper By Choice Club
Jonesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #18
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

LOL Epic line number two "You do know that the second number is a percentage of the first right??" Also aware of that EAT SLEEP JDM lol I don't want to argue with anybody, besides we're all trying to say the same thing in many different ways. Lets just hope this dudes gets some tire that don't rub and he learned a thing or two.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
SickFinga

Quote:
LOL Epic line number two "You do know that the second number is a percentage of the first right??" Also aware of that EAT SLEEP JDM lol I don't want to argue with anybody, besides we're all trying to say the same thing in many different ways. Lets just hope this dudes gets some tire that don't rub and he learned a thing or two.
Sounds like you are backpedaling 2**/40 and 2**/50 is just meaningless.
And yes, your tires are too tall. The correct size is 235/40/17
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #20
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

well ladies and gents,

thanks very much for your help. I ended up getting 225/45 R17. No rubbing at all and no inteference with the mudgards. I guess the last one were too big. I took a pick of my baby. She is finally back for another crazy summer!!!

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5284.JPG (224.2 KB, 58 views)
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
Colombian
2nd Gear Newbie

ps.. as you can see my lawn looks like crap!! if you got any tips on how to remove grubs pls feel free to send me a pm.. its driving me nuts!!!
Colombian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #22
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
It's better you don't post. You think you're saying the same thing but you are just wrong. 225/50/17 is oversized. 245/40/17 is not but was too wide for him. Your ** BS is just a dumb excuse you used to convince yourself you know what your talking about. STFU next time.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #23
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
It's better you don't post. You think you're saying the same thing but you are just wrong. 225/50/17 is oversized. 245/40/17 is not but was too wide for him. Your ** BS is just a dumb excuse you used to convince yourself you know what your talking about. STFU next time.
el oh el must be that time of the month for this POO - C ass key board worrier. Again I'm just glad that Colombian found the some tires that fit, without rubbing lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: