Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-03-2003, 05:29 AM   #16
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Man I had eurolite bulbs in my low beams and fogs before I had my HID kit, and the POS lights kept blowing on me!!! Same with my gf in her Jetta. I cant stand them. When I did my H7 foglight conversion, I bought "Hyper Industries" H7 bulbs and they have been going strong for about a year. Fully recommend Hyper bulbs.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 05:42 AM   #17
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Man I had eurolite bulbs in my low beams and fogs before I had my HID kit, and the POS lights kept blowing on me!!! Same with my gf in her Jetta. I cant stand them. When I did my H7 foglight conversion, I bought "Hyper Industries" H7 bulbs and they have been going strong for about a year. Fully recommend Hyper bulbs.
Yeah, that's what i hear all the time. Eurolites keep blowing on people. I think you either get a good batch or a bad batch. I was lucky enough to get some good ones. I guess ill see how long my second set will last me.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 06:05 AM   #18
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by Bliss
Yeah, that's what i hear all the time. Eurolites keep blowing on people. I think you either get a good batch or a bad batch. I was lucky enough to get some good ones. I guess ill see how long my second set will last me.
actually, what I think it is, is the housing, I had eurolites in my old headlights, and they blew all the time, but when I got my elipsoids, they didnt blow. Rob has elipsoids too and apparently his didnt blow for a long time either.. Maybe the smaller housing prevents them from blowing ? I dunno...

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 08:35 AM   #19
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
hey julian, i bought those same bulbs (9006) for brian_m3 'birthday for his fog lights.. they looked amazing and lasted a longgg time...interesting..
There are 55W versions and 80W versions, I just bought the 55's right now to replace the 80's.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 11:12 AM   #20
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
sylvania "cool blue" headlights have a blue tint on the glass and they work great mine are like 55w and there bright as hell I say give them a try you can get them at canadian tire.

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 12:09 PM   #21
WASABI
OG

I've had the Eurolites for over a year, so far so good, knock on wood. I agree with Bliss though, you either get a good batch or a bad one. My bro went through 3 sets within 6 months. One even exploded inside the headlight housing.

Quote:
did anyone ever try the PIAA hyperwhites that go for $130 a pair? are they worth the money ???
Ask DaveM3, lol, I think his eurolites lasted longer.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 12:52 PM   #22
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

gamite, they were the 80w....
ah well
Old 05-03-2003, 01:30 PM   #23
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
did anyone ever try the PIAA hyperwhites that go for $130 a pair? are they worth the money ???
i have superwhites in my car, i dont see much difference from the Hella H4s that i replaced them with. heres a pic of my friends car with hyperwhites in all his lights; fogs, turn, headlights. they are pretty good i guess. they still seem like alot for lights though.

mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 02:03 PM   #24
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Cool, your friends car looks like a spaceship!
Old 05-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #25
mike125k
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to mike125k
Quote:
Originally posted by DunDan
Cool, your friends car looks like a spaceship!
its almost as fast as one too . mmmmm...boost
mike125k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 03:36 AM   #26
prophet
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to prophet
U lok pertty normal to me G
prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 11:50 AM   #27
EricE330ci
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WASABI
I've had the Eurolites for over a year, so far so good, knock on wood. I agree with Bliss though, you either get a good batch or a bad one. My bro went through 3 sets within 6 months. One even exploded inside the headlight housing.

Ask DaveM3, lol, I think his eurolites lasted longer.
I guess its the luck of the draw.

I've had the same lights as Gamite posted on my CR-V for almost a year and so far so good... Eurolights, I've had on the BMW and they worked fine for a few months last summer till I switched to PIAA Xtreme Whites. Still have the Eurolightes in a box somewhere.
EricE330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 02:27 PM   #28
qwk325
6th Gear Member

I bought a set of Xenon bulbs 3 yrs ago , for my headlights and also the h1 for my fogs and there are still on the car , I agree with Bliss , you either have a good or a bad batch , It is also very cruicial with these bulbs not to touch them with your fingers , I suppose the oil on your finger tips are bad but you guys already know that .

COME ON DOWN !!!!
qwk325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #29
JDub
3rd Gear Member

Whoa, luckily you got those out before they did anymore damage! Yeah, it's all your luck, I have Eurolites in my car and next month they will be 4 yrs old.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:13 PM   #30
Furious
BMW again.

Julian i used those bulbs (got them from pacific mall) on my civic. and no problems with them.
in the bimmer i have sylvania cool blue. they have lasted a year now.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: