Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
phaust

car insurances, just want to know..

hi guys/girls,

i saw in random post some insurances quotes for your car..

well tonight, drinking a wine bottle, it's just eyes-catched me..

WTF. 475$ a month for a car insurances?? it's cost me a freaking 1500$ per years. and it's because i lost 9 point out of 15 on my driver licenses, and 2 cars accident (6000$ and 9000$) and a complete car hijacking. ( 12000$)

you pay a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of money in insurances.. it's like you get raped and you like it! hehe

well i just want to check an entire post about insurances quotes ;-)
phaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #2
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

we get raped but we no like it
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Bin c'est pas mal different en quebec ou votre immatriculation de plaques paies une portion de ton assurance ....

Quebec insurance rates are WAYYYYYYYYYYY cheaper than ontario because the Plate stickers pay for a portion of liability coverage.

but yeah - that said... a lot of people do get raped for insurance. You really have to call *every* broker in the book to get a descent quote.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

lol you dont wanna know how much i pay lol but really this is bs insurance companies rip people off big time... i like Russia and Ukraine people have no insurance at all lol
Old 03-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
I'm jealous......why doesn't Ontario do this? I"m sure whoever proposes the idea will get voted in for sure.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaust
hi guys/girls,

i saw in random post some insurances quotes for your car..

well tonight, drinking a wine bottle, it's just eyes-catched me..

WTF. 475$ a month for a car insurances?? it's cost me a freaking 1500$ per years. and it's because i lost 9 point out of 15 on my driver licenses, and 2 cars accident (6000$ and 9000$) and a complete car hijacking. ( 12000$)

you pay a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of money in insurances.. it's like you get raped and you like it! hehe

well i just want to check an entire post about insurances quotes ;-)

Hey Phaust we have it good on the quebec side for that...I'm at $800 a year full coverage on my bmw and $300 a year on the Toyota...2 points off my license.... so seeing I plate the toyota 6 months and the bmw 6 months i pay a mear $550 a year for full coverage(For both cars) and $255 for plates....and we don't have E-Testing (Yet)....

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
qimis
Mr. Euro E30

i'm wondering, when cops ask for our license, registration, and insurance; do they really check our insurance thru their computer ?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #8
98323IS
6th Gear Member

Is it also true that speeding tickets in Quebec (if your car is registered/plated in Quebec) do not affect your insurance, just a $$$ fine??? I have been told as far as insurance goes Quebec is awesome, plus radar detectors are LEGAL. I HATE insurance companies in Ontario. I have heard of people being cancelled who have two tickets, and NO points on their records! What is the point of having demerit points if after 2-5 you get dropped anyways?!?!?!? One last question, what is the policy in Quebec with regards to modified cars? Can you get dropped if your car is modified?
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i'm kinda happy with my insurance...it's still too high.
but i'm going from a 1996 4 door 2.0L Dodge Stratus to a 1991 BMW 325IS 2 Door 2.5L and my insurance only went up $20. $160 to $180..it's still alot though

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #10
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qimis
i'm wondering, when cops ask for our license, registration, and insurance; do they really check our insurance thru their computer ?
I think the answer for now remains - No! I have been pulled over a few times with no insurance, but no fines/checks.

The only problem with Quebec is their Annual? safety checks which must be done at a Provincial Inspection center. Its not like Ontario where you can get a fake safety very easily...

We need to create a new province With Quebec's cheap insurance/ no etest, and Ontario's easily obtained safety's!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:53 PM   #11
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
you wanna here crazy insurance you should check with me, I pay $6500 a year for just liability, no fire no theft, no anything, & if you think that was bad, just about 4 years ago I was paying $10,000 a year for just liability for my 1992 Lexus LS400, my driving record is 1 accident(no fault) plus about 37 speeding tickets, most of these tickets were $350 fine & 4 points, but I do have a few which were 6 points, & I lost my licence twice in one year, but you can figure out why I pay so much

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #12
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Oh I should add for those of you currently 'over the barrel' with your Ontario Insurance. Although the "minimum fine is $5000" for no insurance, this number is Negotiable. My friend is a lawyer who sees this type of trial all the time - you are looking at actual cost (of one year insurance) for fines - maybe $1500. Another friend was only charged $800.

That said if you are in an accident with no insurance..... you might be paying for a long time...
Old 03-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #13
erikIS
bigcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack
you wanna here crazy insurance you should check with me, I pay $6500 a year for just liability, no fire no theft, no anything, & if you think that was bad, just about 4 years ago I was paying $10,000 a year for just liability for my 1992 Lexus LS400, my driving record is 1 accident(no fault) plus about 37 speeding tickets, most of these tickets were $350 fine & 4 points, but I do have a few which were 6 points, & I lost my licence twice in one year, but you can figure out why I pay so much
Quack, i think you are officially maxbimmers craziest ****n driver!!!
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #14
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
yeah Dado & I were in competition with each other on speeding tickets, but I think he's in the lead now, he said I was in the lead but since he got his AA turbo M3 back he surpassed me

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #15
phaust

hi all! thanks for all your comments! well to clarify some things..

98323IS: radar detector are ILLEGAL in quebec.. 1000$ fine if you get caught with it, and they can tow the car too if they want.

for modded car, we have some rules, but it's not to hard for us, just check this PDF from the gov.. http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publicati...onduite_an.pdf

Bmwstylz: we don't have inspection on our cars, the ONLY time we need to inspect a car, is if you don't use it for 1 years on the road..
"A vehicle that has not been authorized for road use for a period of more than 12 consecutive months must undergo a mechanical inspection before being allowed to operate on public roads. -quebec gov. "

and speeding ticket don't boost your insurances, but it's will cost you more when you renew your driver licenses. but it's really not that bad.. i think it's something like 10$ for each point lost.
phaust is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: