Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-17-2005, 04:19 AM   #16
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray

video sucks, i mean like who are these people anyways?
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #17
MP525i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MP525i
"gangsters" and "gangster rap" is the plauge of society. no possitive message. sure the notes are catchy, but think about it. like what was said above, they're all worthless and everyone's just buying into their scam.

-mike
Old 03-17-2005, 11:41 AM   #18
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

^^I agree on that one. For the first time recently, I listened to the West Coast and East Coast rap that I grew up listening to and realized how violent it was and how degrading it was to women. If it wasn't for my parents, positive friends and my faith in God, I could have listened to those lyrics and lived my life the same way.

Rap today seems to be less violent but it still promotes all the wrong things (bling bling). That is what drives people in poverty stricken cities. Why work for minimum wage when you can hustle and drive a Benz in the projects? There are no positive messages (consistently from an artist...so R. Kelly doesn't qualify :-) and that is a problem whether people believe it or not.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

society's down fall has nothing to do with rap music, it's plain and simple, it comes down to parenting. if u dont build a strong foundation for your kids to grow with and your child gets influenced by someone elses life story that they decided to put on a record dont blame it on the rapper/artist, blame it on yourself, and that goes with all things in life, ie. kid crosses the street without looking both ways gets hit by car, see me i wouldnt blame the driver, blame the kid for not looking both ways, i see it happen everyday, dumb shit like that.... ppl think they are harder than 2000lbs of rolling Steel.
a little ot in the end but end of rant....
Old 03-17-2005, 12:30 PM   #20
MP525i
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MP525i
^^ oh i agree and by no means do i think rap and these gangsters are the main downfall of society. there's a lot of things to attribute to that. you are absolutely correct where as the parents aren't doing their jobs now a days and letting their kids do/say whatever they want.

regarding the kid crossing the street without looking, that's a little harsh. i would blame the kid, driver and parents. parents should have taught him better. kid should have listened to parents (on the basis that the parents in fact, told him about looking both ways). the driver should have paid attention, that's every drivers responsibility (i'm not gonna go driving down a street and if a kid runs out in front i'm gonna hit him and blame him for not looking both ways).

there's lots of things that plauge society... i just thought why add one other thing that has such a HUGE influence on people (rap and gangster lifestyle).

-mike
Old 03-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #21
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

in regards to the kid getting hit, just 5 mins b4 i was tuning into my building there was a male adult that i saw was gonna cross the street, the funniest thing was he didnt even look both ways! i mean come on this is a grown man, and this happens evryday, like ten millions times a day.... its common sense, kid or not, getting hit by a car HURTS! flesh is not harder then metal, and no one is invincible. ok if i did hit the kid/person "i" would be at fault, but it would be because of their stupidity. i pay a lot of attention when i drive but no matter what i person walking can stop faster then a car rolling, at any speed.... so the question is why do ppl think they are more dense then metal, and i mean physically, not mentally, because mentally i know they are more....
some more OT rant,
thanks for reading........
Old 03-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #22
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

p.s. please repost the vid! thanks!"th-up"
Old 03-17-2005, 07:18 PM   #23
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
i just capped a squirl for ****in with my nuts.. does that make me gangster?
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: