Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > F30 - F35 (2012 - Present)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
joeyckl
1st Gear Newbie

Worth buyback after lease?

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know some of your ideas. I've leased my first BMW F30 320i xdrive 2013. I love it very much. However, I would want to know if anyone have any issues with this car. My lease will be over next year of Oct 2016. The buyback value of this car is 23k and the value of the lease is 24k. I am wondering if I should finance another pre-owned or refinance mine. Currently my mileage for this car is around 24,000 km.

Thanks!
joeyckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Sounds like you have a low mileage for the age, plus you know the history.

Unless you have a reason such as wanting another model, or if there is an accident history or major issues that make you not want this car, then I would recommend buying it out vs buying another used car with unknown history.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
joeyckl
1st Gear Newbie

I guess its true.

Thank you very much!
joeyckl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #4
4doors
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyckl View Post
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I would like to know some of your ideas. I've leased my first BMW F30 320i xdrive 2013. I love it very much. However, I would want to know if anyone have any issues with this car. My lease will be over next year of Oct 2016. The buyback value of this car is 23k and the value of the lease is 24k. I am wondering if I should finance another pre-owned or refinance mine. Currently my mileage for this car is around 24,000 km.

Thanks!
The problem with buying out a lease car is the value is tied to whatever deal was made when the car was purchased, not the current market value. Often the market value is lower than the lease buyout. As you get close to Oct 2016, BMW will likely offer you something to get you into another car. Loyalty credit, early return, etc . . . That may be attractive. Plus, next year you can get either the LCI version of the 320 or even the 2017 version of the car. Also, 3 months before lease end start looking on Autotrader and leasebusters to see what car prices are like for your car, then decide.
4doors is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: