Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:48 AM   #31
daytona
6th Gear Member

Fiat is not making tons of money off the Fiat 500 in Europe why does anyone think they can turn a decent profit in North America.Again small cars offers very little profit margins for the manufacturer,even Honda admits that one of the main reasons of slimmer margins is their small car sales represent most of the out going inventory.A redneck in Alabama is not going to sell his Ram for a little import car when his job security is zero.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #32
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
M3ti Compact how can you keep a straight face and say these workers deserve $60 an hour and not expect the company to be destroyed by bad products?.Yes they did not designed the products but they assembled it and from what JD powers said the big three usually is on bottom for quality control on most of their brands.There is a very very few people in Ontario that has any sympathy for the CAW workers,they demand things that no one else would ever expect from any company (ex:plant is shut down for months and they still get paid?).Dont blame the imports for the demise of the big three blame the greed of the workers,mismanagement and over all culture of the North American auto industry.%90 of the jobs on a assembly line can be learned by a high school drop out,the rest do need some sort of degree.NO ONE is entitled to anything these days,I seen so many people lose their jobs and everyone has more skills than a CAW worker.

You are putting words in my mouth, how can anyone take you seriously? Where did I say $60? It's $18 and hour, and I believe $18 is very reasonable. People shelving books at the library make more money than that. Bus drivers make more money than that. Garbage collectors make more money than that.

Also, if you knew how seriously incompetent those who couldn't even graduate high school are, and if you have ever visited the inside of any auto assembly plant, you would realize the basic competencies required to work there are far beyond that of a drop out and you would never say what you have wrote.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact View Post
You are putting words in my mouth, how can anyone take you seriously? Where did I say $60? It's $18 and hour, and I believe $18 is very reasonable. People shelving books at the library make more money than that. Bus drivers make more money than that. Garbage collectors make more money than that.

Also, if you knew how seriously incompetent those who couldn't even graduate high school are, and if you have ever visited the inside of any auto assembly plant, you would realize the basic competencies required to work there are far beyond that of a drop out and you would never say what you have wrote.
People shelving books at the library DO NOT make 18$ an hour.
Please get your facts straight.
That is not to say that it is not reasonale to make that much to put a car together.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #34
M3ti Compact

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
You think I would have said something as specific as that without knowing what they make? Have a look for yourself.

http://www.local416.org/files/file/L...031%202008.pdf

You can start at page 198.

Some very nicely paid jobs just perusing the list

Collector $17-19/Hour
Student Clerical Part Time $15-19
Student Clerical Full Time $17-20
Switchboard Clerk/Receptionist $20-23
Shipping Recieving Clerk $21-24
Site Monitor Homework Clubs $22-25
Clerk/Caretaker $22-25
Caretaker $23-26
Driver $23-26
Stock Clerk $23-27
Library Assistant $25-28
Mechanic/Painter $29-33
Photographer $30-34
Access to Information Services Coordinator $51-57

Last edited by M3ti Compact; 05-03-2009 at 06:16 PM.
M3ti Compact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #35
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Please do not argue with me, I work for the library.
I am a Page(book shelver) supervisor. THey do not Make 18$ an hour, Do not make me post a job posting for a page(book shelver) that states how much they make to prove you wrong, They make like ~10-13$.
None of the jobs you quoted are for book shelvers.
BTW, some of those hourly wages are outdated, they are(or will be) higher now.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #36
344i
5th Gear Member

^lol
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #37
CASPER
Banned

all goverments, in the world need to put in place a freeze to wages and to cost of living for 5 to 10 years...starting right now....
CASPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
1'M Seriesus
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
That is not to say that it is not reasonale to make that much to put a car together.
and being a liar and getting people off of murder and all kinds of other retarded charges and musicians and movie stars deserve the millions and millions they make too right....how many rappers have an education? not many, if few do..welcome to the real world, have yet to hear of a movie start or rapper with a degree from Harvard

Last edited by 1'M Seriesus; 05-04-2009 at 03:25 PM.
1'M Seriesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #39
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Seriesus View Post
and being a liar and getting people off of murder and all kinds of other retarded charges and musicians and movie stars deserve the millions and millions they make too right....how many rappers have an education? not many, if few do..welcome to the real world, have yet to hear of a movie start or rapper with a degree from Harvard
you're joking right? There are tons of Ivy League educated actors out there... Harvard included.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #40
M3ti Compact

Quote:
Please do not argue with me, I work for the library.
I am a Page(book shelver) supervisor. THey do not Make 18$ an hour, Do not make me post a job posting for a page(book shelver) that states how much they make to prove you wrong, They make like ~10-13$.
None of the jobs you quoted are for book shelvers.
BTW, some of those hourly wages are outdated, they are(or will be) higher now.
Sure, since i'm assuming your a student doing part time, they start you at that.

One promotion later;
Page 210. Assistant, Shelving and Retrieval $17.39-$19.54

Next promotion - Directions Desk/Shelving and Retrieval $18.85-21.16
Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #41
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
2 wrongs don't make a right. Learnt that in grade 2?

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #42
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Dinan3 View Post
you're joking right? There are tons of Ivy League educated actors out there... Harvard included.
Yeah, no kidding... you don't see it in a lot of them because you're mostly watching them act and sing, but there are some damned smart actors out there. That's not to say that you don't have your share of idiots, but don't underestimate...

The problem here is, you have these people that perform all kinds of different services... these actors and lawyers and rappers, they provide something for us that we are obviously willing to spend lots of money on. If they deliver, they get even more of our money. It's how the system works. They get to exist because there are enough people willing to pay them to exist.

Now, the auto workers... the problem with them right now is, people are not willing to pay them what they demand. It's unreasonable considering the situation. The company has lost business, therefore the company has to make adjustments to compensate and remain competitive. The workers ask too much for the jobs they hold, therefore they halt any progress the company can make. The company sinks because of it (look at what's happening now), and in the end those workers won't have a job to go to period! Either that or they'll step in line somehow and take what they can.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #43
1'M Seriesus
2nd Gear Member

your only willing to spend the money because you are just as dumb as the rest of the sheep that follow the media,just like you genius "shirts' walking around with lacoste and banana republic, and Tommy Hilfiger clothes spending a weeks wages on an outfit to goto bars and try and pick up woman and usually dont succeed, not only do you spend money on fancy clothes to impress them, you will then tend to buy them drinks until they'd sleeping with someone resembling jaba the hut, brain washed by the media is why you pay so much money for such use less shit as movies, cd's, fancy clothes
1'M Seriesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #44
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
your only willing to spend the money because you are just as dumb as the rest of the sheep that follow the media,just like you genius "shirts' walking around with lacoste and banana republic, and Tommy Hilfiger clothes spending a weeks wages on an outfit to goto bars and try and pick up woman and usually dont succeed, not only do you spend money on fancy clothes to impress them, you will then tend to buy them drinks until they'd sleeping with someone resembling jaba the hut, brain washed by the media is why you pay so much money for such use less shit as movies, cd's, fancy clothes
Left field much?

And for what it's worth, I don't own a sigle piece of clothing from lacoste, banana republic, or tommy hilfiger. I usually don't spend my money on clothes unless they're needed for work or my old ones die. I don't go to bars or clubs, though once in a while I'll have a pint at the pub with a few friends.

People pay for movies and music because it's entertainment. Different people are entertained in different ways, and if it's something that appeals, they'll vote it up with their dollars.

Now, domestic automotive manufacturers have had to make so many quality cuts to their vehicles to compensate for the demands of their workforce, the end product is suffering. People see that, and vote up the other brands with their hard earned dollars instead. Thus, the domestic manufacturer with the crippling workforce can't survive without changes. The biggest thing that needs changing (and everyone who isn't an auto worker sees it and supports it) is the cost of the workforce. They are biting the hand that feeds them, and soon there won't be a hand left!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:12 AM   #45
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Huh?

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: