Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Rims question

It's not for BMW so that's why off-topic..

04 Navigator, I'm looking for summer rims and I can't decide if I want to do with 22" or 24"

Any big difference in ride quality? Some say it's a huge difference (so to stick with 22") but others disagree.

Since the nav is black I want mostly black rims (not much chrome) so I'm thinking of deep dish rims with black spokes and chrome lip..any suggestions?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
magnus
6th Gear Member

it does make a big difference but as you are going for looks ....no pain no gain.I would go for 24 and would defo go for deep dish and black center sounds good however depending on the rim design.

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
TNation
Banned

24's will be rough on Toronto streets, but it all depends on the quality of your tires and the offset of your rim. I'd go with 22' for Toronto streets, but if you can deal with a harder ride, and going for looks, I agree with Magnus.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Any good places to buy them, online? I found a few but they don't ship to Canada so I'd have to go over to NF,NY to pick them up.

Big price difference though, 22" set (rims/tires) here would be about $4500-5000 and I found a few companies selling sale package for about $2000
Old 05-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

This is something I'd like:

http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.co...ShowLarge=True

or

http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.co...ShowLarge=True

I guess I can always have them shipped to Niagara Falls and pick them up..
Old 05-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I would get 24's or 26's. I'm assuming you have another set for winter.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
I would get 24's or 26's. I'm assuming you have another set for winter.
I do but roads here are terrible (maybe even worse than Toronto) so even 24s would be pushing it IMO..

PS. I drove one navigator with 28" and you could feel even road cracks, not to mention small bumps..
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #8
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
but they look so baller!

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
I agree... I was recently in Kitchener (the 1st time in a long time) and I was appalled at how bad the roads were. They were AT LEAST as bad as most of the roads in TO...
Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #10
TNation
Banned

hey I pm'd you. don't go more than 24' unless you like risking your wheels and/or tires, especially in Kitchener.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 AM   #11
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
hey I pm'd you. don't go more than 24' unless you like risking your wheels and/or tires, especially in Kitchener.
I got it, I contacted that seller so see what they have (those ones fit only older Navigators).

I'll stick with 22"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: