Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #46
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ab
Toronto sucks. Period. High property taxes, high crime rate, bullshit parking rules, F---ing Gardiner Expressway closed on a F---ing Sunday, too much traffic, water mains breaking everywhere, punk ass kids killing each other and innocent bystanders. Why oh why would anyone want to live there?
GB on property on the isle of man?

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #47
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Toronto sucks. Period. High property taxes, high crime rate, bullshit parking rules, F---ing Gardiner Expressway closed on a F---ing Sunday, too much traffic, water mains breaking everywhere, punk ass kids killing each other and innocent bystanders. Why oh why would anyone want to live there?
BECAUSE OF THE WILDLIFE OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!

Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #48
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
?

BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #49
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
isle of man = no speed limits, 10% taxes

and those things i learned from top gear, im sure there's plenty more

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #50
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
jesus christ you're an idiot.

high taxes? toronto taxes are some of the lowest anywhere. you pay the same as Woodbridge, but Toronto is eleventy billion times the size, has the ttc, parks, subway, museums etc etc. Look what your taxes get you versus other locations.

High crime compared to what? compare it to similar sized cities and see how it's crime rates compare.

bullshit parking rules? so you complain about crime but can't follow simple parking laws? Oh the ironing.

water mains breaking everywhere? do they take months to fix like Jane and Hwy 7? Also, those watermains wouldn't have broken if council didn't decide to divert water main funding to clean parks during the last election year. At least toronto's broken water mains get fixed.

punk ass kids killing each other and innocent bystanders... they don't exist ANYWHERE outside toronto Why not put the responsibility where it belongs... slacker-ass idiot non-caring parents. This is not a Toronto problem but a problem with post baby boomer parental controls. But ya, blame Toronto for it because that is clearly the only city in the world with this problem. You'd never see a problem like this in say.. oh... ummm... Paris, France.

****ing Torontonians have no idea how good they have it.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #51
M3Ab
Pakman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
jesus christ you're an idiot.

high taxes? toronto taxes are some of the lowest anywhere. you pay the same as Woodbridge, but Toronto is eleventy billion times the size, has the ttc, parks, subway, museums etc etc. Look what your taxes get you versus other locations.

High crime compared to what? compare it to similar sized cities and see how it's crime rates compare.

bullshit parking rules? so you complain about crime but can't follow simple parking laws? Oh the ironing.

water mains breaking everywhere? do they take months to fix like Jane and Hwy 7? Also, those watermains wouldn't have broken if council didn't decide to divert water main funding to clean parks during the last election year. At least toronto's broken water mains get fixed.

punk ass kids killing each other and innocent bystanders... they don't exist ANYWHERE outside toronto Why not put the responsibility where it belongs... slacker-ass idiot non-caring parents. This is not a Toronto problem but a problem with post baby boomer parental controls. But ya, blame Toronto for it because that is clearly the only city in the world with this problem. You'd never see a problem like this in say.. oh... ummm... Paris, France.

****ing Torontonians have no idea how good they have it.
So I'm an idiot for stating that I don't like Toronto? Well then you must be the dumbest f--k I know for the reasons you are telling me Toronto is a good city.

You're telling me the TTC, museums, subways and the great 'safe' parks of Toronto are fair reasons for the disgustingly high property taxes you pay to live in Toronto? When's the last time you went to a museum in Toronto?

I was simply stating that I think Toronto sucks because that is my opinion, period. As time goes on I find it becoming more and more unsafe both crime-wise and environmentally. Have you seen the smog that covers your city on some summer days? You won't see that in Copenhagen, or Auckland, or Vancouver, or Zurich, or Frankfurt, or Vienna, shall I go on?

I've travelled to many many cities larger than Toronto, that have much better subway and public transportation systems and have much lower crime rates; Geneva, Switzerland and Sydney, Australia just as two examples.

And where in my whole quote did I ever try to compare it to any other city in the world? 'No shit sherlock' about the fact that other large cities have social and economic problems like crime and prostitution. I simply gave a few examples of why I think Toronto sucks, I used to like it, not any more. So take your insults and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Last edited by M3Ab; 04-30-2006 at 09:18 PM.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #52
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
sorry but i have to say it...
if you dont like it, then what the **** are you doing here?
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #53
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWhitE46
sorry but i have to say it...
if you dont like it, then what the **** are you doing here?
He lives in Cambridge.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #54
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
He lives in Cambridge.
same shit...
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #55
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
So I'm an idiot for stating that I don't like Toronto? Well then you must be the dumbest f--k I know for the reasons you are telling me Toronto is a good city.

You're telling me the TTC, museums, subways and the great 'safe' parks of Toronto are fair reasons for the disgustingly high property taxes you pay to live in Toronto? When's the last time you went to a museum in Toronto?

I was simply stating that I think Toronto sucks because that is my opinion, period. As time goes on I find it becoming more and more unsafe both crime-wise and environmentally. Have you seen the smog that covers your city on some summer days? You won't see that in Copenhagen, or Auckland, or Vancouver, or Zurich, or Frankfurt, or Vienna, shall I go on?

I've travelled to many many cities larger than Toronto, that have much better subway and public transportation systems and have much lower crime rates; Geneva, Switzerland and Sydney, Australia just as two examples.

And where in my whole quote did I ever try to compare it to any other city in the world? 'No shit sherlock' about the fact that other large cities have social and economic problems like crime and prostitution. I simply gave a few examples of why I think Toronto sucks, I used to like it, not any more. So take your insults and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Um, Miguel meant that you're not an idiot for stating you don't like Toronto, you're an idiot for your reasoning (because a lot of it doesn't make sense).

Yes the TTC and the many parks are the reasons we have high property tax. What's so hard to get about that?

SMOG is bad here? Try going to Moscow, I had trouble breathing for like the first week when I went back after living here. Here it's VERY good.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #56
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
He lives in Cambridge.
The reason AlpWhite46 said that he should GTFO if he doens't like it is that he keeps saying how other cities in other countries are better...so why not move there then ?
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #57
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpWhitE46
same shit...
Except that it's an hour away, real estate is cheap, traffic is non-existant. You should try living outside the GTA for a while, it really is quite nice. I love it in Kitchener/Waterloo, "traffic" consists of a dozen cars.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #58
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
I'm in if it comes with the CSL they were thrashing on Top Gear.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:09 AM   #59
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Im dumb? you're the one that complains about crime and then says that laws are stupid.

Quote:
Again, they are NOT high. You pay the same taxes as other cities but Toronto has more to show for it. I used to work by the AGO and went on lunch breaks. Maybe you'd go to museums more often if they had anything decent in Cambridge... but hey, those tractor pulls are gettin' classier every day now

Quote:
No. You stated a bunch of lies and misconceptions about Toronto which I tried to clear up and now you appear to be pussyhurt. Toronto has smog yes. It is still way better than Sao Paulo, Brazil; Cairo, Egypt; New Delhi, India; Shanghai, China; and Mexico City, Mexico to name a few.. shall I go on? Also, Toronto recognizes that there is a problem and they are working on it. If it is that bad, no one forces you to come here and the City notifies media outlets of smog days and warns you.

Quote:
O RLY?
Toronto is the 15th best City in the world in terms of Quality of Life so srsly, if you can afford to live anywhere else, you got about 14 better options. And it is a lot closer to Sydney than you think.
http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html
*see quality of life survey at bottom of this post*

Quote:
you complain about crime, traffic, smog, taxes, bla bla bla everything that everyone complains about. You don't complain about the TTC which runs incredibly well for an underfunded system, World class museums and exhibits, some of our great parks, our low crime rate compared to the rest of the world, and the simple fact that Toronto provides a fantastic overall quality of life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quality of life.JPG (113.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Miguel; 05-01-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #60
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

That survey's dated, Montreal was ranked higher in the last one
jstalin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: