Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-29-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
F'ing piece of sh** parkign enforcement

WTF, on my street the ONLY sign is no parking from 12:01 am till 10 am without a permit, I was parked from like 4-11 today, and I come back and got a ticket for parking "longer than 3 hours" What the **** is this shit? Am I missing something, or is the guy like tripping off acid? Why the **** did I get this ticket.... is there some unwritten rule that you can't park on any street more than 3 hours or something? I'm 99% sure that there are no signs that say this on my street, I've been living here for years, NEVER had this problem. I'm gonna go lookign for signs soon but I"m sure I won't find any.

And now that worthless SOB is gonna make me go to court and waste hours of my free time over this 15$, **** YOU BITCH.

The end.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
Meegis
Banned

It is a by-law in most towns/cities.... signs dont need to be posted.

Also, if you live there (for many years as you mention) you will lose in court for sure. You are supposed to know your by-laws. Ignorance is not a defence.

Sorry to say it, but it had to be said.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:36 PM   #3
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Can someone find me something that says that online? I can't find anything..
Old 04-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Look up your city online and under parking enforcement you'll find it...
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #5
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

my gf had this EXACT same problem, she got a ticket for parking her car on the road right outside her house, same "over 3 hours" thing. i told her to get a first attendance appointment...now a couple days ago she got ANOTHER one for the same reason...we're thinkin her neighbour is calling the cops on her car cuz of a fight she got into with them a while back

and yeah she's been living in the same place for years now....i dunno is there some kinda parking crackdown goin on?
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
greg_84
2nd Gear Member

a lot of times the enforcement rules are posted on the welcome to the city sign, it's your obligation to read them. like it'll say limit 50 unless otherwise posted..
greg_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

HAH, that sucks!

Meegis is right, its a by-law, and ignorance to the law is not an excuse!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
mkgino
6th Gear Member

pwn2ulol
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #9
Furious
BMW again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
pwn2ulol
+1

it is a bylaw, i thought everyone knew about that one. its a risk you run everytime you park on any street with or without a sign
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #10
BMWags
6th Gear Member

supposedly you cant set fire to public buildings either......dont say i didnt warn you!

i got fukd by parking douchebags here in the falls....sux bro
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:24 AM   #11
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

also if a sign isnt up all they need is a complaint froma neighbour
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Loner are you implying that they would never give this ticket unless a neighbour complained? If so then I have an idea who it might be, and I"m gonna set her house on fire
Old 04-30-2006, 12:59 AM   #13
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
WTF, on my street the ONLY sign is no parking from 12:01 am till 10 am without a permit, I was parked from like 4-11 today, and I come back and got a ticket for parking "longer than 3 hours" What the **** is this shit? Am I missing something, or is the guy like tripping off acid? Why the **** did I get this ticket.... is there some unwritten rule that you can't park on any street more than 3 hours or something? I'm 99% sure that there are no signs that say this on my street, I've been living here for years, NEVER had this problem. I'm gonna go lookign for signs soon but I"m sure I won't find any.

And now that worthless SOB is gonna make me go to court and waste hours of my free time over this 15$, **** YOU BITCH.

The end.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse! when you enter the city of Toronto or any other major city via a major street, there is a lovely sign that states the 3 hour parking limit on any street and the speed limit if no signs are posted. You should pay more attention to those signs, they are there for a reason.

The 3 hour by-law is a by-law in every major city in Canada.

Parking Officers only enforce that by-law if there is a complaint from someone on your street, so thank your neighbours.

You'll be stupid to waste your time in court over $15, you were there, you parked longer than 3 hours.... GUILTY!

Parking Officers are just doing their job, YOU were in the wrong so don't blame someone else for your mistake!

So stop your stupid complaining, be a man and pay the ticket! and maybe you're the "worthless SOB" and the "BITCH" for blaming the Parking Officer that is only doing his job!!! grow up!

have a nice day
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #14
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
yeah they're doing a crackdown on this bylaw now. i've got 2 of them last week from parking down on Lansdowne during the day.... been doing it for years previously though. I caught the officer trying to give me a third ticket, and I caught him and he told me they're enforcing this law in full force now. Bah.

I'll still take the $15 tickets though, cheaper than paying $21/day for parking.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:01 AM   #15
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
yeah they're doing a crackdown on this bylaw now. i've got 2 of them last week from parking down on Lansdowne during the day.... been doing it for years previously though.

there is no "crackdown" this by-law is only enforced if there is a complaint from someone who lives on the street
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: