Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-25-2018, 12:17 AM   #16
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen View Post
Engine mounts???
Today I did some research and found out the MAF controls the air flow white the O2 sensor is still cold. So basically the MAF is in charge untilt he car is warm then the O2 sensor takes over. I don't know how true that is, or how good I understood it, but that's what I got from the thread!

So I took the MAF out and cleaned it but it didn't need cleaning really because it was very clean, but what I noticed before taking the MAF out is that the air intake boot was not perfectly seated on the air joint (sorry for the lingo) underneath it. So when I put the MAF back I made sure the air intake boot was seated properly and the air joint was sealed.

I started the car and it idles better. It still had slight hesitation but quickly settled. I drove it and it pulled harder. I was surprised because I thought my car already pulled strong, but it was pulling ever stronger!

Next thing: have the injectors cleaned and do the carb clean up.
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #17
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Oh man - Nicely Done! Thank you for sharing that with us.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #18
nizoo
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc123wc View Post
Yes, apparently E46 and E39 fuel injectors were faulty and leak in extreme cold. See this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvsL_FRgGU4

Mine leaked once or twice this winter when it was below -20C.

I got the same result when I googled P1345 code, I just don't know what the result mean or how I can fix it.
damn that's pretty bad!
Old 08-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #19
UltimateFan
1st Gear Newbie

Have you visited you local BMW Retailer to see if there is an outstanding recall based on the issues you have described?

If you wanted to check our www.bmw.ca/safetyrecall there is a new tool that allows you to search for any active recalls by entering your VIN.

Might as well give it a try if you are still struggling to find a solution.
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #20
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Hi, it's the CCV (oil separator). In the winter it doesn't get enough time to warm up so it gets clogged with mayo-like thick oil. It's because I work close to home and it's rush hour so it's a short drive and the engine doesn't rep up so the CCV never gets the chance to warm up.

Anyway, I got another job that takes me on the highway so the engine will rev up more and it sounds like it's all clear now (it's also summer so that helps). I will wait until winter to see if the problem comes back. If the oil separator is cracked then I have no choice but to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFan View Post
Have you visited you local BMW Retailer to see if there is an outstanding recall based on the issues you have described?

If you wanted to check our www.bmw.ca/safetyrecall there is a new tool that allows you to search for any active recalls by entering your VIN.

Might as well give it a try if you are still struggling to find a solution.
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: