Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Criminals love the BlackBerry's wiretap-proof ways: police

-
yeah if you own one you must be a bigtime drug dealer!!

Quote:
MP wants wireless devices to be intercept-ready

Wireless messages sent on a BlackBerry are so hard to intercept that the smartphones have become the device of choice for both criminals and law enforcement, police say

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/stor...socialcomments
man i love the comments section on the cbc's webpage, people actually post & stuff

2 such comments:

"Michael Nicholson wrote: I see someone people saying that the RCMP shouldn't be able to tap into the blackberry. Privacy reasons and all, but what if someone you loved was kidnapped and the only way the police could find them was to listen in on messages being sent from one blackberry to another. You still going to want it so the RCMP cant tap it?

Privacy doesn't matter much with my communications lest not from the government, I have nothing to hide."

Reply:

What if criminals, knowing the telecom systems are compromised, fall back to having people personally deliver messages back and forth. To counter this threat, would you propose everyone wear an implanted tracer so the government knows where you are and what you're doing at all times?

Not one post before yours EBunikowski wrote about the folly of "I have nothing to hide." Every time someone says this and then goes on to say this justifies increased, unaccountable surveillance of everyone else, I say they should first volunteer to have a camera and microphone put on them 24/7/365. Washroom included (otherwise who knows what nefarious business you might be conducting during those few moments?). Because that's the eventual, logical conclusion of using safety to justify wanton invasion of privacy, and somehow those in power will always exclude themselves from their bright ideas.

Where do you draw the line?
---

maybe i should rush out & buy 1, fit my current police given profile "you must be a criminal driving this car!"
unamed officer reffering to my at the time 13yr old 1993 318is, complete with rust.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

hahahaha
****ing priceless lol

I knew there was a reason that BB become huge!!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

so anything transmitted through blackberry messenger is secured and cannot be intercepted?.. good..lol
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Yup. The indian government gave RIM a really hard time before letting them operate in India. They insisted on access to RIM's encryption keys, but to my knowledge, RIM refused and their government gave in.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: