Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
chromius
6th Gear Member

Fox News program bashes Canadian Military

This is just sickening to listen to, especially right after 4 more soldiers just died in Afghanistan.

I've always defended against the stereotype of American Ignorance and Arrogance, because I've known a lot of good Americans, but no more. It just pisses me off listening to these ignorant douche bags.

Last edited by chromius; 03-23-2009 at 09:31 AM.
chromius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I cant believe they have a tv show. They deserve to be punched in the face .. all of them.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Why would you watch fox "news"?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Who cares? We make fun of Americans all the time.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Big deal.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
we make fun of americans because we know how they are! those bunch of fannies there obviously dont know shit about Canada and its citizens! cold and frigid????? i live in latitude as California, assholes!!! they talk about our military taking a break from ops.....yet they would never think of enlisting in their countries forces.....and if they did, they would be the bitches of their platoon! why do they talk about shit they know nothing about????

i hope someone kicks them all in the balls, and the woman in the box!!!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
sirex
King Sirex

this is a joke... satire as its called. i thought that was hilarious.

Last edited by sirex; 03-23-2009 at 12:50 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i sad to see how people actually act like that in public. those type of people are the ones that when asked to go to war they'll say no and when they want someone else to go to fight they will tell them too. i think canada should of never gone there in the first place.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
just some fairly typical, self-centered American douchebags.... Totally ignorant of anything but themselves. The only intelligent comment made during the whole clip was when the one guy said the other was "stupid"...
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
TNation
Banned

haha we say the same thing about Americans and call them rednecks and assholes and arrogant idiots
its pure satire and was freaking hilarious.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-greg-gutfeld/
In an era of extreme political correctness, when almost everyone is offended by almost everything, and with self-appointed advocacy groups organized to find offense on behalf of almost everyone - offensively, without the majority in the group's consent - it's nice to know that there's a place to go where everyone can be offended almost all of the time.

Even if it's hidden on the offensive cable news network, according to offensive liberal watchdog David Brock's Media Matters, and shown at an offensive hour - Monday to Friday, 3 a.m. EST.

Two years into its late, late, late-night (or early, early morning - depending on your biological clock) cable news run, "Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld" has solidified itself as television's most reliably absurdist, unpredictable and laugh-provoking news hour.

It's less a comedy competitor to "The Daily Show" - the budget's too low, and Gutfeld isn't a marm at heart - or an insomniac's "The O'Reilly Factor" (Who cares what people who wake after noon think?) than it is a surrealistic "Fernwood 2-Night" (Fred Willard rocks!)

No topic of discussion - ethnic houseboys, torture pits, cannibalism as a "lifestyle choice," seedy tricks in parks, allusions to drug abuse, etc. - is off-limits, and no ideology is predetermined. Show regulars Bill Schulz, a liberal; Andy Levy, a libertarian; and Mr. Gutfeld, a conservative, ensure that the show's point of view isn't rigged.

That means, unlike all other cable news shows, participants aren't pitted to hate one another for disagreeing over farm bills, sex dolls and first-family fist bumps. It's also the go-to show for the rigid and the joyless - those poor wonks at watchdog blogs whose only way of income is creating a universe of make-believe offensiveness.

"Red Eye" guarantees that their shrill cries of outrage keep their fridges stocked with hummus for another day.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
if they didnt want to be called rednecks and asshole, and arrogant....maybe they should be all of the above!!!

none of what they said was true, except Canada taking a break, and the other guy is stupid (like 98Dinan3 said).

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire291 View Post
if they didnt want to be called rednecks and asshole, and arrogant....maybe they should be all of the above!!!

none of what they said was true, except Canada taking a break, and the other guy is stupid (like 98Dinan3 said).
nah, its satire, its funny
we mock Americans and we mocked Bush all the time, its only fair to get it back.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

i hated it most when the blonde was nodding in agreement to the stupid comments. At least the show got yanked in Edmonton.

'15 Ford F150 Lariat SCSB 4x4
'04 645cic
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
nah, its satire, its funny
we mock Americans and we mocked Bush all the time, its only fair to get it back.
It's classless satire, and not funny. We made fun of Bush, and certain things about the U.S., just like they made about us and our igloos, polar bears, jean poutine etc... Which can be funny at times. But never have I heard a main stream Canadian news broadcaster belittle or demean the deaths of American soldiers in the way this did towards the sacrifice that Canadian soldiers and families have made in Afghanistan. Especially considering we are there to support the U.S because of their losses on Sept 11th. How do you think they would react if we belittled their losses from that date?

How do you think the families of the 116 soldiers that have been killed in Afghanistan feel when they hear that tool say something like "Who even knew Canada was in Afghanistan". "Not like they do anything anyway"

I hate political correctness B.S as much as the next person, but there are certain things that are just crossing the line.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #15
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
It's classless satire, and not funny. We made fun of Bush, and certain things about the U.S., just like they made about us and our igloos, polar bears, jean poutine etc... Which can be funny at times. But never have I heard a main stream Canadian news broadcaster belittle or demean the deaths of American soldiers in the way this did towards the sacrifice that Canadian soldiers and families have made in Afghanistan. Especially considering we are there to support the U.S because of their losses on Sept 11th. How do you think they would react if we belittled their losses from that date?

How do you think the families of the 116 soldiers that have been killed in Afghanistan feel when they hear that tool say something like "Who even knew Canada was in Afghanistan". "Not like they do anything anyway"

I hate political correctness B.S as much as the next person, but there are certain things that are just crossing the line.
I see your point man, but I read stuff all the time in school that constantly bashes the US on everything from foreign policy to internal affairs, to Presidential choices, Bush being a chimpanzee look-a-like (like how is that fair?), to how Americans are fat, obese, and racist, etc etc and all this misguided, absolutely incorrect BS about the USA. The people in the US, especially the Southern states are more friendly than Canadians. The country is more united as a whole and 1000 times more patriotic than Canada, and it us Canadians who constantly mock our neighbors. Poking fun at our pathetic military (which has been growing and doing much better under Harper) is fine, its unfortunate it co-coincided with the deaths of 4 soldiers, but as Canadians, we judge, mock, and relentlessly attack the US for its War in Iraq to 9/11 as being an "inside job" (as if the Government tried to kill 3000 of its citizens )... so to satirize Canada as being known for its mounties on horseback, and its small army isn't really that bad. It was good comedy, but I think the timing was wrong unfortunately. As Canadians, we like to give it out, but we never like to take it. They don't really bash Canada, it's not mean spirited like how we bash the United States. Even on this forum I see tons of anti-US comments and sentiment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: