Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Ive heard all the Beer store return stories before. this location down in Parkdale is closed but there used to be a beer store. and crack heads would go and return bottles and cans an shit.

one of the crack heads returned a bottle with a open syringe in it and one of the girls that worked their the uncapped needle scraped her arm. (thank god the scum bucket didnt have HIV or anything) paramedics came.. shes screaming worried about if she caught any thing.

from what ive heard... she quit her job and one day her and her boyfriend waited out side this beer store for this guy to come back. he eventually does boy freind steps out of the car shovel in hand....

***BOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!***

right in the OLD mans face.. the intresting part of this story. all the employee's have seen the boyfriend many times, but when asked to see if they saw anything.. they just shrugged it off told them never seen the guy before. customers gave a very weak description.

the crack head was out cold for a while and had a minor concussion.

id never work at a beer store...
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #32
davericher20
black and blue

I agree, smae with being in line at timmies, i feel obligated to get my money ready so it doesn't slow down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #33
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdalinda View Post

one of the crack heads returned a bottle with a open syringe in it and one of the girls that worked their the uncapped needle scraped her arm. (thank god the scum bucket didnt have HIV or anything) paramedics came.. shes screaming worried about if she caught any thing.
How does a syring fit inside a beer bottle?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #34
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

needle?? syringe?? isnt it the same thing??
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #35
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

no, a syringe wouldn't fit in a beer bottle, and just the needle wouldn't be long enough to stick out of a beer bottle. Not to nitpick, but your story sounds like complete bs
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #36
sirex
King Sirex

ya i thought it was the same thing man... needle, syringe? in any case it was a needle, maybe about pencil length, alot thinner. those fit in beer bottles.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #37
Fel
Not Banned

Syringes come in many sizes.... there are many that would fit inside a beer bottle.

not trying to backup the toolbag, just saying....
Old 03-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #38
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
no, a syringe wouldn't fit in a beer bottle, and just the needle wouldn't be long enough to stick out of a beer bottle. Not to nitpick, but your story sounds like complete bs

Now what you see is a LARGE insulin needle, for large dose's of insulin.. If you know anything except communism and doomsday. These are the needles of choice for heroin (Diacetylmorphine) Addicts. Many other needles come in smaller or even larger sizes.
As you see in the diagram below.

a needle can easily fit through the top of a beer bottle. and doing what a needle does best. goes through skin.

another thing. i found both pictures on google when i searched "syringe" and "Needle". So there both exactly the same.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #39
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

"What? You no sort you empties? NO BEER FOR YOU!"
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 PM   #40
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Can someone please confirm the diameter of the typical syringe one shoots up with?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
can someone please confirm the diameter of the typical syringe one shoots up with?
lmao!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #42
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
An informative Guide.

The Beer Store is mostly run by young adults between the ages of 19 to 27, with the older, grumpier employees ranging between 27 to retirement. Most employees are of a strange human design... They are grumpy, and hate you. Infact just walking into the store you'll probably get some sort of terrible label on you from any of the employees, regardless of how nicely you are dressed. And if you are returning empties, you are at the very bottom of the list of terrible things you can say about someone.

So let us begin this factual guide about how you can visit the beer store, and not come off looking like an asshole, and perhaps get the grumpy employees to maybe smile, or treat you like a human- rather then a piece of shit.

Returning Empties:
Everyone at some point will have empties to return. The question is how many empties will you have? Could be 1 case, could be 10, and could be 50.

But here also lies the problem. The first thing all Beer Store employees working the empties register will look for are "ARE THE EMPTIES SORTED."
The first thing you need to ask your self when you walk into the Beer Store to return a shit pile of empties is “ARE MY EMPTIES SORTED." If the answer to this question is no, and you are returning more then 1 case, its time to get your shit together. Because if you don’t, you just increased your wait time from a possible 10 seconds, to a minute per case (in some cases longer), depending on how fed up the employee is with his place of employment.

It’s very simple to sort your empties. Like colors go together. That’s sorting for beginners. At the minimum this should be done. But to get more cheers from the angry employees, a real sorting master will return all their beer in their appropriate cases. Heineken and Moosehead are both green, but they are not the same, and are not sorted the same. Keeping all brands off beer in their appropriate case cuts your wait time down... Also makes the employee more delighted to serve you- quickly and efficiently.

The next part is volume of empties. If you are returning more then 1 cart full of empties, you should not grab 2-3 carts, take them to your car and start filling them up. When you do this, you are an asshole. Both the employees will hate you and everyone else will to... Why the hate? Because common sense dictates that A) you’re not the only customer in the world. Others need those carts. B) You’re going to try and bring all your empties in at the same time, the volume creates a huge slowdown in the line, and anyone else who wants to return just a case, or a bottle needs to wait 10 minutes because you just used all the roller space up for your own greedy little self. Employees see right through your bullshit, and your wait time has just increased 10 fold.

Being a good person goes a long way. If it’s not busy, ask the employees if you can take an extra cart out. If it is busy, take 1 cart at a time. Make sure that the empties you are returning are sorted- especially in large volume. Someone with 10 cases that are sorted is served almost instantly. A person with 10 cases that are unsorted, the wait time varies by how badly unsorted it is. If you look like an asshole, you will be treated like one. Be ready to wait. And good luck complaining no one really gives a shit that you waited 10-15 minutes for your empties money. I’m sure you’ll get a call back from someone that will do a little dick sucky sucky over the phone, but the reality is, no one is going to get punished. Just you lose 15 minutes of your life. We still get payed.

The next important thing on this list is Empties from the Liquor store and Cans and Bottles in Bags. Cans are interesting entities because for the most part, unless you seem like a lying son of a bitch, we will take your word for it... As in- "how many in this bag?" "15" "sounds good". Don’t lie. Eventually you will get caught and you will be treated like a piece of shit. Another important fact to remember when returning cans- BAGS in BAGS is stupid. Those cans need to come out. Example, you have 5 little bags with 10 cans in each little bag... Then you put those 5 little bags in 1 big garbage bag. THIS IS WRONG. Do not do this. If you do this you will wait a long time in line. You will be frowned upon and treated like an asshole. The easier you make the employees life, the better you will be treated.

Bottles in Bags... Don’t ever put your bottles on the counter in a bag, and say you’re ready to go- especially beer bottles. You are an asshole if you do this. If you are returning bottles in plastic bags open up the bag and take the bottles out and put them into a tray. No one should have to blindly put their hand into your shit. Take it out and do it right. You want to be an asshole, leave them in the bag. Then tell me about how great the service was.

Liquor store returns are great because it goes into a crusher. Except for plastic and tetra pack returns. If its not glass, it doesn't go with glass. When you sort your liqueur empties keep glass with glass, plastic with plastic, etc. Don’t put cans in with your liqueur bottles. Keep em separated. Things move faster if we don’t have to sort cans from glass. If we do, that means we can’t just dump the glass and save you time... We need to sort... And sorting takes time, especially if you got that special asshole quality about you.

I think we've finally got to the MOST important part of this guide.
DAYS and times to and not to return your empties:
When you return your empties on a nice Sunny Sunday, you look like a moron and an asshole all in one. Why? Sundays are notorious empty return days. The lines are almost always long, except during some weird off times. Wait times are almost quadrupled because the employees take their sweet, sweet time... And most of the assholes on Sundays don’t even care, or don’t even bother to sort their empties. So we take our time to do it right. Either in front of you, or in the back. In any case its lose, lose situation for you because you lose a gorgeous Sunday afternoon waiting in line at the beer store to return 2$ in empties...

Know the store hours... If we close at 5, don’t bring your empties at 4:58. We won’t let you in. We're closed. Want to argue about it? Yell at the glass door because I don’t give a shit what you thought. Close at 9? Don’t come at 8:58 with empties. This is really simple... You’ve had all day to return your empties; closing time is not the time to do it. Ill do you a favor and sell you beer... But I won’t take your empties; you can put those bottles up your ass. Rule of thumb, if you got more then 5$ in empties, don’t even show up 15 minutes before close.

Early bird special. Every asshole lines up just before the beer store is about to open thinking they will avoid the lines or be first. First I don’t give a shit who gets in first. You all wait. Second, why would you want to be the first one into the beer store anyway? You look like a degenerate. The times are hard to predict and they fluctuate almost daily. Your best bet to return empties are during dinner hours- from what I’ve seen in Toronto between 630 and 8, and afternoon hours usually between 11 and 3, and not on Toronto Recycling days for the immediate area around the Beer Store- those days are just anyone’s game.

Anyway this was fun. For the most part most employees are alright. Some have cucumbers up their asses. The idea here is we want to make your life easier. And we can do that with your help. You sort, you don’t wait. You don’t sort, you wait. For the most part that’s how it goes.
Shit, you're long winded. I got bored and stopped reading after the first paragraph
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #43
sirex
King Sirex

shut up euro i know you read my whole post. I know you read this whole thread...

anyway this was supposed to me mildy humorous, with a bit of truth fit in, etc.. you guys are too SERIAL DAMMIT!.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: