Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #46
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Be prepared to bend over w/o lube for insurance for the rest of your life, kiddo!
haha not even close. Even if they convict him on all counts, he will be paying reasonable rates again by the time he's 21 if he stays clean. And by the time he's 25 this charge will be a distant memory. It's good to make this mistake at his age instead of later on, IMO. People shouldn't be so hard on him, cause let's face it - many of us on here have done the exact same thing he did, just didn't get caught.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #47
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
haha not even close. Even if they convict him on all counts, he will be paying reasonable rates again by the time he's 21 if he stays clean. And by the time he's 25 this charge will be a distant memory. It's good to make this mistake at his age instead of later on, IMO. People shouldn't be so hard on him, cause let's face it - many of us on here have done the exact same thing he did, just didn't get caught.
There's no way he's going to be paying reasonable rates by the time he's 21. He won't be able to afford insurance even if he drove a 1995 Sunfire when he's 22.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #48
sirex
King Sirex

Sure. By the time hes 25 itll be back to normal for him.. Its just giong to be hard to get good rates for the next few years.. Probably be around average when he hits 21-22. Thats 4-5 years away for him..
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #49
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNation View Post
There's no way he's going to be paying reasonable rates by the time he's 21. He won't be able to afford insurance even if he drove a 1995 Sunfire when he's 22.
Convictions only stay on your driving record for 3 years. So unless this drags on in court for a very long time, he'll have affordable insurance by the time he's 20/21
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #50
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZYellow View Post
Convictions only stay on your driving record for 3 years. So unless this drags on in court for a very long time, he'll have affordable insurance by the time he's 20/21
sure, but this is going to look worse than an accident on his record no?
This speed racing ticket only lasts 3 years?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #51
rodo
6th Gear Member

Don't you get a criminal record for the new street racing law? Someone that got charged for it told me you do... I doubt this will "go away" after three years like a ticket for going 10 over the limit.

As they said in Superbad "people don't forget"

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #52
kkeddy
2nd Gear Member

what if he was third driver driving his parents car, i know may of my friends dat been booked for dui, no problem for them. im 19, i speed, but not on bait highways such as 401 410 404...while having alchohol, madd stupid
kkeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #53
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Don't you get a criminal record for the new street racing law? Someone that got charged for it told me you do... I doubt this will "go away" after three years like a ticket for going 10 over the limit.
As they said in Superbad "people don't forget"
Criminal record or not, like JimZYellow said, convictions only stay on your insurance record for 3 years, so yes, it will "go away." The kid won't be branded for life because of a stupid mistake he made one night when he was 17. Accidents and suspensions stay on for 6-10 depending on the company, but the point here is that this kid is definitely not as ****ed as some people think. Call your broker and ask for yourself.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #54
rodo
6th Gear Member

well, his license is getting suspended by the street racing law, so it'll stay 6-10 then

2010 Expedition

Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #55
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
well, his license is getting suspended by the street racing law, so it'll stay 6-10 then
exactly, he's screwed badly.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #56
sirex
King Sirex

his liscence is getting suspended for a week.......
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #57
rodo
6th Gear Member

so what? It's still being suspended. Do you think insurance will care if its for a week or a year? No, they won't

2010 Expedition

Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #58
sirex
King Sirex

maybe.. I dont know..... does anyone know the answer to this?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #59
damameke
6th Gear Member

All I know, this kid at 17 made a mistake and I am pretty sure his parents is mad at him
and insurance rate increase or not is secondary, hope he will learn from this bad experience..

at one point in our lives, we did crazy things too. just that nowadays the law are stricter...and fine are heavier too

look around. spring is here cars are driven much faster and cops are everywhere..

chance it then face the music...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #60
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Criminal record or not, like JimZYellow said, convictions only stay on your insurance record for 3 years, so yes, it will "go away." The kid won't be branded for life because of a stupid mistake he made one night when he was 17. Accidents and suspensions stay on for 6-10 depending on the company, but the point here is that this kid is definitely not as ****ed as some people think. Call your broker and ask for yourself.
No, convictions are on your record for 6 years.

And if he isn't insured from now til then, his rates will still be high when he gets insured again because a gap in insurance is almost as bad as having convictions.

So either he pays now or he pays when he's 25

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: