Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

First time dui offence, what do you think you would be looking at (financially)?

I know a guy that got this charge, insurance must be a bigggggggg issue now!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #17
TNation
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox69 View Post
Well according to OP, all it says is his car's getting impounded and he lost his license for a week. (which is automatic)

What does happen in cases like this then, in terms of the kid -- what kind of penalties does he get, other than insurance.
A few things are happening.
His car's impoundment will be a couple hundred bucks.
He's going to be fined huge, probably in the $2k range. Expensive.
Car's impounded, license lost, insurance canceled (probably under his parents).
Insurance is absolutely insane.. like that's probably the worst thing for a 17 year old kid. He won't be able to drive for 4-5 years and when he does drive his insurance will be a huge premium.. its huge.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox69 View Post

What does happen in cases like this then, in terms of the kid -- what kind of penalties does he get, other than insurance.
He'll most likely have to appear in court and plead to keep his license.

On top of that, a court-set fine

And he will have a tough time finding insurance, and it won't be affordable

Quote:
First time dui offence, what do you think you would be looking at (financially)?
It's not a DUI offence, he's charged with having alcohol in his system which is not allowed for G-2 holders. Doesn't mean he was drunk
Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #19
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin View Post
He'll most likely have to appear in court and plead to keep his license.

On top of that, a court-set fine

And he will have a tough time finding insurance, and it won't be affordable

It's not a DUI offence, he's charged with having alcohol in his system which is not allowed for G-2 holders. Doesn't mean he was drunk
I understand that, im talking about a completely different case. First time DUI offence penalties?

This guy im talking about has a G lisence.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #20
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

DUI is a criminal offense, penalties include jail, probation, fines... usually 1st offense you lose your license for 90 days automatically (might be a year now, not sure)

I know a guy who was convicted of his 2nd DUI, lost his license for a year and he can't drive again w/o a breathalizer installed in his car
Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #21
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
he might not have been drunk but he was still over the legal limit which is considered a DUI.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #22
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
Good! kids are honestly stupid man! Go to the timmies at highway 7 and martin grove on a friday/saturday night. All you see are these prime examples of kids driving their parents cars like theyre all out rally/race cars. Back to the school bus dumb ass!

Jay
omg!! so true! i went to that sushi place in the same plaza with my girlfriends and during dinner ALL we heard were a bunch of momos whipping around and/or revving their engines... ridiculous!!

and the retard was drinking too? he deserves to have his license taken away permanently. i don't want to be on the road with such ignorant F$%&@*G people.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob

Last edited by Stephanie; 03-20-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I know a guy who was convicted of his 2nd DUI, lost his license for a year and he can't drive again w/o a breathalizer installed in his car
good. he deserves it. i have zero tolerance for people who drive with any alcohol in their blood... i know too many people who have died or gotten severely injured on bikes or in cars due to inconsiderate cunts like that.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #24
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

Remember, he's only 17 he doesn't need a car. His parents will just sign a promise to the insurance company that he won't drive the cars and there will be no policy in force for him. 3 years until the convictions get off his record... it is a slap on the wrist aside for the ticket itself.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZYellow View Post
Remember, he's only 17 he doesn't need a car. His parents will just sign a promise to the insurance company that he won't drive the cars and there will be no policy in force for him. 3 years until the convictions get off his record... it is a slap on the wrist aside for the ticket itself.
True, Always a way of getting out of things....
Old 03-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #26
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
he might not have been drunk but he was still over the legal limit which is considered a DUI.
I don't think he was over the legal limit, he simply had alcohol in his system

Quote:
The boy, who has a G2 licence for new drivers, was charged with stunt driving, or street racing, having more than a zero blood alcohol level and underage drinking.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZYellow View Post
I wondered if his insurance company needs to be notified....it wil be in the police file. not neccessary in the insurance if the parents do not notify them...ofcos unless the insurance co check it...he might get away with this....

194 k in an Avalon.. what you would do if this kid is your son????

hey take the M3 out tonight !!!! ha . ha
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #28
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^yeah, this isn't a DUI or impaired driving, its a G2 BAC violation. Different charge (it will forsure get dropped).

reason why? Well, if you want the full long winded response, ask george, but basically the metering equipment isn't effective at measuring BAC's under 0.05.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
JimZYellow
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
I wondered if his insurance company needs to be notified....it wil be in the police file. not neccessary in the insurance if the parents do not notify them...ofcos unless the insurance co check it...he might get away with this....

194 k in an Avalon.. what you would do if this kid is your son????

hey take the M3 out tonight !!!! ha . ha
nope, his insurance company won't know until he's convicted (pays the fine). Also doesn't mean the parent's rate will jump as the insurance company doesn't check driver records daily. It'll come up on renewal though.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #30
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
omg!! so true! i went to that sushi place in the same plaza with my girlfriends and during dinner ALL we heard were a bunch of momos whipping around and/or revving their engines... ridiculous!!

and the retard was drinking too? he deserves to have his license taken away permanently. i don't want to be on the road with such ignorant F$%&@*G people.

Hmmmmm.... that's funny...... I could have sworn I saw you there a few hundred times with your done up civic?
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: