Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
kleedzine
1st Gear Newbie

Front Reinforcement plate bolt missing at the front LCA bushing housing

Hi all,

I have had bad experience with a couple of shop. Last time one shop did put the wrong tranny oil and additives, moved to another shop, did whole both rear brake hard line (OE bmw steel line) replacement.

Over the last weekend, I DIYed, replacing both pre-cat O2 sensors...
I jacked, up the car, and was unscrewing those bolts on the front reinforcement plate, and noticed that one bolt is missing at the front Lower control arm bushing housing. And actually, it was stripped off.

At first, I could not believe that what kind of mechanic broke the bolt that involved structural rigidity on customer's car, and did not tell the customer.

Secondly,I could assume if he didn't break the bolt, at least he should have told me that it was missing. But I am quite positive it is NOT missing before him, because the car has been PPI done twice from two separate reputable BMW shops. Once for myself, and the second one was for a potential buyer.

I contacted the shop, the owner responded at first, but then don't reply FB messages at the moment. I am planning to call.

Anyways, sorry for the whining, and the story,
My real questions for you expert guys, is that would there be any structural damage or any chance of damage, if the bolt was missing for about 4 months, with normal street driving, sometimes hard turns at freeway ramp?

Any recommend to extract the bolt? Just regular bolt extractor should work?
2009 Subaru WRX - SOLD
2004 Lexus IS300 - R.I.P
2002 Honda Civic SI - TRADE
kleedzine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: